Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    hottoast
    Participant

Hi Grantham traveller, seems odd but have you tried using a space in your postcode. That’s hie I got mine to show the tracking. The tracking doesn’t show much though just when they scanned it into the hub and when the driver picked up then when he delivered.

I found my kids passports in a village 5 miles away, good luck with delivery 😂😂

rothbard
    Participant

Hi, I have just been informed that my child’s passport has been printed and sent. Does anyone know if the courier they use delivers on Saturday? Just wondering if we need to stay home all day tomorrow, or not. Thanks.

foreverwaiting
    Participant

So pleased that people are starting to get their passports…gutted we’ve been waiting since 18th March and still havent heard anything. So incredibly frustrating.

Grantham Traveller
    Participant

Thanks hottoast but, yes, I put a space into my postcode along with my Passport Application Number. All I get on the TNT site is an error message, saying ‘Error. We could not find what you were looking for’.

I even emailed TNT and they said they had no record of anything at my postcode or under my PAN number. Which TNT link did you use for tracking? Did you just enter your postcode and the Passport Application Number?

I don’t know whether to panic or not; this has been stressful enough already. I thought it was all over, but instead I’m now freaking out. I also contacted the Passport Office to ask about tracking. I was asked to send a Twitter direct message which I did, but have had no reply. I tried telephoning but it diverted to their callback service, and no one has called back either.

hottoast
    Participant

I used the reference code on the text I received from TNT to track. They included a tracking link aswell. Our passports were printed and collected by TNT on the 2nd and I received a text late morning yesterday with the tracking link and ref number.

So seems it takes 2 days for TNT to collect and put it out for delivery (in my case anyway)

essex2020
    Participant

It appears that HMPO are moving applications around… I sent my old passport for a renewal application to Durham, have now had a message back from HMPO on Twitter informing me that my application has been transferred to Liverpool (and I’m not hearing such good things about the Liverpool office either).

It’s interesting because I also sent a renewal application to Durham for my elderly aunt, and her application was approved seconds after they received the old passport.

It baffles me why applications aren’t just held at one office.

It’s not particularly urgent for me, I have no travel booked and the renewal was more because my last passport photo was from when I was 16 and I am now 23 and look nothing like that and was questioned on my identity at Australian customs last time I travelled.

Grantham Traveller
    Participant

Thanks hottoast. The plot thickens. I have had no text from TNT but then I don’t recall ever giving the Passport Office my mobile number (where I live there’s no signal in the house so I don’t usually bother with it), so TNT wouldn’t have it anyway to send me a tracking number or link. I certainly haven’t had any texts from the Passport Office updating me on the passport; I’ve only had their emails which included the latest saying it was printed and sent on 4 June – this added no information about tracking delivery or anything.

Did you pay for expedited delivery? That might explain it. It’s all very odd.

rothbard
    Participant

Out of curiosity, are people who receive their passports getting the old burgundy or the new black ones?

lewlewduckie
    Participant

Just to add for extra info for people.

Passport delivered 4th june.
    Its the new blue one.
    Delivered by TNT. No tracking but a text message on the day it will be delivered. No time just that it will be that day. No signature required. Pushed through letterbox.

rothbard
    Participant

Thanks for the info! I will post my complete timeline when I get the passport, hopefully early next week.

Grantham Traveller
    Participant

Thank you lewlewduckie. That’s very useful to know about the lack of tracking, and not needing the signature – I had a feeling that must be the case or else the email from the PO about having printed and sent the passport would provide the relevant guidance for tracking.

The delivery details seem to vary. I checked with my neighbour. He renewed his passport in February, before lockdown. His passport was delivered by TNT three days after the ‘printed and sent’ email from the PO. No tracking either, but he had to sign for it – probably because it was the first time he’d had a passport sent to that address (he only moved in late last year).

One question: when your passport arrived, did it have a separate TNT consignment number on the envelope? Or just the Passport Application Number starting PEX?

lewlewduckie
    Participant

Sorry grantham cant help with envelope i didnt pay much attention.
    Assume the lack of signature is due to covid.
    I had email from PO on 1st june saying approved. 2nd june a email about it being posted. Arrived 4th june.

Note: this was a replacement of lost passport.

kmo
    Participant

Hi All,

What a useful thread!
    I requested a passport renewal with name change. I am frustrated that I cannot get even an estimation on the timeline when I call them. I see this site is estimating 27 days- is that accurate for others on here? Mine has been taking longer.
    I am living in Dubai and my application was sent to Liverpool.

Application submitted: 12 April 2020
    Application received: 12 April 2020
    Documents received: 24 April 2020
    Application being processed: 5 May 2020

Thanks

SR0
    Participant

So looks like they have sent my application to a different office. I sent it Peterborough, but now looks like it’s gone to Liverpool?

Reply on Twitter from HMPO
    Hi, some people are getting their passports back much quicker as they are going through the automated system that a few people will qualify for. By qualify I mean for example, if an adult is renewing their British passport, there are no changes and they haven’t significantly changed since their last British passport photograph then there is no need for human intervention to view supporting documentation or raise queries and they are all processed automatically. As this is a child’s application one of my colleagues will be required to view and verify the supporting documentation. However I can appreciate it is frustrating to see tweets like that when you are waiting for yours.

If you require the supporting documents back early please email Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk along with, the application reference, the applicant’s full name, date of birth, full address and a brief explanation. Emily

SR0
    Participant

So looks like they have sent my application to a different office. I sent it Peterborough, but now looks like it’s gone to Liverpool?

Reply on Twitter from HMPO
    Hi, some people are getting their passports back much quicker as they are going through the automated system that a few people will qualify for. By qualify I mean for example, if an adult is renewing their British passport, there are no changes and they haven’t significantly changed since their last British passport photograph then there is no need for human intervention to view supporting documentation or raise queries and they are all processed automatically. As this is a child’s application one of my colleagues will be required to view and verify the supporting documentation. However I can appreciate it is frustrating to see tweets like that when you are waiting for yours.

If you require the supporting documents back early please email Liverpool@hmpo.gov.uk along with, the application reference, the applicant’s full name, date of birth, full address and a brief explanation. Emily

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]