Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    9984Sarah
    Participant

We managed to re-arrange the holiday for the day before (18th) July, as they only cancelled as the flights were cancelled. 🙏

nickh
    Participant

As an update, I finally heard something about my application (First adult passport, applying from the US) which has been processing since 26/5. On 23/6 I received an email from someone on the Overseas applications team saying I need to send proof of name change for my mother since her name is listed different on my birth certificate compared to her marriage certificate to my father. Was nice to actually get something other than a generic email – now I have to get a marriage certificate from her previous marriage which will be fun since all of the offices in Chicago are closed due to COVID – oh well!

C8De
    Participant

@JamoUse same thing happened to me. Took 3 months for them to reject my 4 month olds photo even though it was approved online! Submitted a new one yesterday am and by the evening it had been approved and application approved. Hopefully I’ll get it through soon now!

jh203
    Participant

Just received my new passport, 1 week 1 day since I applied. VERY happy with that!!
    Durham office

lewis90
    Participant

What it an online application?

jh203
    Participant

Online adult renewal

JSD28
    Participant

Just received the passport for a child renewal. This was through the Peterborough Office, 19 days in total so not bad.

Passport Received 26th June 2020
    Passport Printed & Sent 24th June 2020
    Application Approved 22nd June 2020
    Application being processed 17th June 2020
    Documents received 11th June 2020
    Application received 7th June 2020
    Identity details received 7th June 2020

Good luck everyone!

SamCo31
    Participant

There seems to be no rhyme or reason for the way passports are being done. We sent to the Glasgow office. Here is the timeline of my mums new passport so far:
    Applied online: 18th June
    Documents sent: 19th June
    Documents acknowledged: 24th June
    Application approved: 25th June.

Just waiting for it to be printed and sent now then will update. We are due to go away on 5th August so was quite nervous.

Definitely think people who have been waiting weeks should get in touch with their MP if twitter hasn’t helped.

MrsM1982
    Participant

I have emailed our local MP last night, they have already responded to say they will look into it so fingers crossed it helps!
    I applied for sons renewal 23rd May, in processing since 3rd June, the old passport was sent to Peterborough but have been advised Newport are dealing with it, not sure on their processing times but still waiting and getting worried now!!
    It’s so frustrating as I, like most, didn’t apply earlier as was sticking by the rules and advice from their website to not apply?!

kvt83
    Participant

1st child passport to Durham.

Application received 13th May.
    Docs received 22nd May.
    Processing 28th May.
    Approved today – 26th June.

This was after 3 direct messages on Twitter begging for help.. hopefully passport should arrive next week so if we do have to go away, we can.

kvt83
    Participant

1st child passport to Durham.

Application received 13th May.
    Docs received 22nd May.
    Processing 28th May.
    Approved today – 26th June.

This was after 3 direct messages on Twitter begging for help.. hopefully passport should arrive next week so if we do have to go away, we can.

Daddybear35
    Participant

So finally we got to speak to a passport officer.

We need to send a letter confirming that my partner and myself are still together. The hold up has been since my partner applied back in 2015 she has been allocated as the responsible parent. She has had to sign a letter and send his birth certificate to back up the application.

Asked if I could hand deliver it and lassie said you could try. So went down to the Glasgow office and it’s closed but could see staff so chapped the door asked to hand it in, told nope go put a stamp on letter, post it in the post box 25 yards from the entrance and they will get it in the next 7 working days And then match it up. Dunno if that will send me back to the back of the queue woman doesn’t seem to think so but it’s know a case of wait and see but Glasgow are working to date order she did confirm and they are due to get 50 more staff back next week from the DWP side of things!

c93
    Participant

Adult Replacement/Renewal – Newport Office

Passport printed and sent 8:26am on 26 June 2020
    Application approved 10:27am on 25 June 2020
    Application being processed 12:40pm on 22 June 2020
    Documents received 10:09am on 19 June 2020
    Application received 5:58pm on 15 June 2020
    Application submitted 5:58pm on 15 June 2020

ao234
    Participant

Does anyone know if these passport offices work on a saturday?

Thanks

JaMoUsE
    Participant

eventually got through to complaints today who have apologised and dont know why me new photo was not reviewed within 24 hours.They are saying it will be done by monday now. If not the guy gave me his direct number to call him on next week. So far its been 104 days and counting for a 1st child passport sent to Liverpool before lockdown…

Application history

New photo received 1:30pm on 12 June 2020
    Photo rejected 9:40am on 12 June 2020
    Application being processed 3:08pm on 18 March 2020
    Documents received 11:44am on 18 March 2020
    Application received 9:22am on 14 March 2020
    Identity details received 9:22am on 14 March 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:13am on 14 March 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:08am on 14 March 2020
    Application submitted 9:08am on 14 March 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]