Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    jamesd1974
    Participant

Can take 14 odd days to even acknowledge that they have received them on the system

GeorginaSJS
    Participant

Not looking hopeful then! What a shambles

Stanley
    Participant

Any idea of how long a renewal passport will take. I was given a link from HM Passport Office Via email, due to my situation being urgent. Just wondered if anyone else on here was granted that link? And how long it took for the application to be processed.

Thanks

Stanley
    Participant

Any idea of how long a renewal passport will take. I was given a link from HM Passport Office Via email, due to my situation being urgent. Just wondered if anyone else on here was granted that link? And how long it took for the application to be processed.

Thanks

sarahb
    Participant

Hello

I just wondered if anyone had changed which passport office their passport went to? I just rang up to chase something and they said the Peterborough office were dealing with it even though I sent it to Durham.

This is my current timeline for a child renewal:

Application being processed: 15 July
    Documents received: 11 July
    Documents signed for: 1 July
    Application received: 29 June
    Identity details received: 29 June
    Email sent to person confirming your identity: 27 June
    Ask someone to confirm your identity: 27 June
    Application submitted: 27 June

We need the passport back by 5th August for travel to see my parents so I’m just crossing everything in the hope they will be back

jamesd1974
    Participant

Yes all
    Four of mine did

sarahb
    Participant

Thanks James. I was just worried why they would change it. Hopefully Peterborough will be a bit quicker thank Durham!

Laura1405
    Participant

Our passport has been approved, printed and sent out today! Yay!

Laura1405
    Participant

Our time line

Passport printed and sent 9:57am on 15 July 2020

Application approved 8:32am on 15 July 2020

Application being processed 12:18pm on 13 July 2020

Documents received 5:57pm on 8 July 2020

Application received 12:51pm on 29 June 2020

Application submitted 12:50pm on 29 June 2020

emma123
    Participant

Hi I sent of my passports 2 days ago for 2 child’s renewals and 1 adults lost. I go away on the 16th August what do you think the likeness is that I will be able to go? Also for everyone showing there timeline how do you find this? Thank 🙂

refinnej
    Participant

Submitting our timeline as I was frantically reading these two weeks ago when it suddenly looked like our holiday was going ahead after all and we realised one of the passports had expired. (Travel insurance won’t cover if there are no restrictions.)

Child renewal
    Submitted online 2/7/20 18:08
    ID confirmed 2/7/20 18:42
    Old passport sent overnight delivery 3/7/20, received Durham 6/7/20 (Royal Mail signed)
    Old passport received according to HMPO 8/7/20 13:08
    Application and photo approved 9/7/20 19:48
    Passport printed and dispatched 13/7/20
    Passport posted through letterbox 15/7/20

Very quick turnaround. We did not chase and there was no urgent option for travel before September option at the time we submitted, so we just put in a normal application. Every text along the way warned of longer than usual processing times, but we did not experience them. I hope everyone else is as lucky!

rbee
    Participant

Has anyone else had a long delay from receiving the printed and sent message to the actual TNT text and receipt? We had two applications in Peterborough, submitted 29th May
    approved 7th July
    printed and sent 8th July

For the child’s passport we received the TNT text and passport on 10th July, the adult renewal has been radio silence since being printed and sent on 8th. The missing one was actually set to sent/print about 8 hours earlier than the one we’ve received?!

JamesBro
    Participant

Great experience for a first child passport via the Peterborough office. Go away in a week, so just in time.

Best thing that helped was going through Twitter. I told them the date we leave to go away and they put a case note on the application. From then on, we were home and dry.

Good luck to all.

Application history

Received – 15 July 2020

Passport printed and sent 3:04pm on 13 July 2020

Application approved 5:24pm on 10 July 2020

Application being processed 2:03pm on 6 July 2020

Documents received 3:20pm on 30 June 2020

Application received 3:17pm on 20 June 2020

Identity details received 3:16pm on 20 June 2020

Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:07pm on 20 June 2020

Ask someone to confirm your identity 10:35am on 20 June 2020

Application submitted 10:35am on 20 June 2020

RLM
    Participant

@GeorginaSJS my passport was delivered on 7th July and it is still not showing on the HM Passport system, I haven’t had any update that from their side that they have it (even though I know it is there).
    Every time I speak to them via email, phone or twitter they say that it can take 2 – 3 weeks to even get the passport on the system. That means that for 2 – 3 weeks our old passports are sat in their offices doing nothing whilst we are anxiously waiting.
    I understand the COVID restrictions and social distancing, but I am a secondary teacher still teaching classes of 15 Year 10 students facing risks. I think the least they could do would be to bring in temporary staff to help clear the backlog of passport applications.

RLM
    Participant

@emma123 did you apply on Monday 13th July? I think that you might be alright for 16th August if you’re lucky, the average time now for an adult passport renewal is 23 days (not sure about child’s). If you’re worried and you booked your holiday before 23 March 2020 (and can send proof) you can call complaints and ask them to expedite your application. It might help.
    You should be receiving emails and/or texts with your timeline. I just typed them out from there.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]