Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    jamesd1974
    Participant

I wouldn’t worrie about it o couldn’t track mine either but arrived 2 days later

daisydukesss
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Looking for advice: I applied for a passport today which replaces my passport previously recorded as lost.

Would you book a holiday for exactly 2 months time based on current passport times? Some people have had luck, especially with pressuring through Twitter etc, so would love some advice. Thanks and good luck everyone!

jamesd1974
    Participant

I wouldn’t as u can only pressure them if you booked holiday before Covid there not interested otherwise really

ML
    Participant

Post in case this assists anyone.

It appears the current policy on escalating an application is either – been waiting over four weeks or booked travel prior to lock down (and can prove it). It is worth noting that it was the advice of HMPO not to apply during lock down.

I fell in to the latter and once escalated moved from ‘documents received’ to application approved in two days.

A further top tip – try calling ‭01633 285422‬ rather than the standard number as they actually answer rather than being placed on automatic call back.

Finally don’t bother emailing to raise things as it seems they just send out an unhelpful generic response.

sophieestepanian12
    Participant

I sent my passport of almost 2 weeks ago (13 days) it’s for a first adult passport as I turned 16 in May. I had a text message on Friday at 09:22 saying that they had received my application but have had no further messages. Could it be processing now? They told me at the post office it would only take 3 weeks but it’s taken 2 weeks just for this. Should I be worried? I’m due to fly over to Dubai on the 31st

MiSa
    Participant

Hi,

I would just use the online tracker to see if its processing.

My experience was that our documents appeared as received about 10 days after they were actually delivered. And processing tool another week.

We are now expecting delivery tomorrow, exactly one month after applying

jamesd1974
    Participant

If it doesn’t say prossessing they havnt even looked at it yet

leanne11
    Participant

Hi,

Have you held a child passport before? If you have your application would be classed as a renewal. First adult passports tend to take a lot longer. The 3 week time line was pre covid, some people have waited months. As your due to fly quite soon I would give the passport office a call and see if they can offer any advice.

Good luck!

sophieestepanian12
    Participant

@leanne11 my child passport was sent with it at the same time and we were still told a 3 week wait

jamesd1974
    Participant

It’s more than 3 weeks in most cases it says that on The web site the post office is not the passport office so have no clue

leanne11
    Participant

Ahh ok, just with you saying it was a first adult passport wasn’t sure if you had a child passport before. As you have, yours would be classed as a renewal. Applications are going through a lot quicker now but if it’s not processing yet I think you would be lucky to recieve by the 31st.

jamesd1974
    Participant

Good job it’s a renewal as new passports are on hold as there is no interviews at the moment until they do them via Skype and even then there will be no guarantee

apropos
    Participant

Does anyone know how I can track return of supporting documents on TNT website?

Do I use the same PAN number as the passport?

RLM
    Participant

@MiSa have you received yours yet?

RLM
    Participant

@jamesd1974 Thanks, its been 48 hours now, so I’m hoping that the passport will arrive tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]