Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    zAndy1
    Participant

Hi all,
    Wife applied for a renewal yesterday 20/07, what do you think the chances are of her recieving her new passport in time to go away on the 29th August? We haven’t booked anything yet but it will be our only chance to go away that week so I’ve got everything crossed that it comes back in time and there’s still availability left for where we want to go. Did it via the post office digital check and send as we didn’t want to take any chances. Just one thing I’m not sure about, does paying extra for the courier (TNT?) delivery of the new passport slow things down at all? I was kind of hoping it would speed things up but actually I’ve seen mention of it taking TNT up to a week to deliver a passport after it’s been printed? Got everything crossed it goes through smoothly, hoping it’s here by mid August , perhaps slightly optimistic but let’s see what happens…

Ta

jamesd1974
    Participant

You don’t pay extra for passport delivery the extra fee is for any other docs or old passport return delivery fee
    All new passports are delivered by tnt

sprajax1
    Participant

Hey @zandy1 – you might be lucky and have your passport in a week / two weeks but like most of us, its been a waiting game, just over 3 weeks now since I applied and I’m still waiting…

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by sprajax1.
    greaz90
    Participant

Standard adult renewal application
    Application submitted and received: 8 July
    Old passport signed for via first class recorded delivery: 11 July
    No further movement on application history site on government website. Due to go on holiday on 26 August; should I be concerned? Any recommendations on what to do?

robingermany
    Participant

Hi all!

Another update: my passport has been printed and sent via secure delivery to Germany. Now, it just remains to be seen how fast delivery is. I do not care which colour it is…

I cannot tell you how relieved I will be to have it in my hand. I am not travelling but NEED to be able to identify myself at all times in Germany (where I am a resident).

I’ll update again with all the application dates once I have received my passport.

Rob

MiSa
    Participant

I think we got lucky. Probably the twitter DMs helped.

Our application was approved this morning and hopefully it will be delivered this week.

Application approved 9:09am on 21 July 2020
    Application being processed 10:44am on 10 July 2020
    Documents received 2:35pm on 4 July 2020
    Application received 11:19am on 22 June 2020
    Identity details received 11:18am on 22 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:55am on 22 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 5:43pm on 20 June 2020
    Application submitted 5:43pm on 20 June 2020

sprajax1
    Participant

Hi @greaz90 – So you have applied in the same timescales as I have (7 weeks before your travel date), Im in my 3rd week of waiting now, so you could be lucky and your application processed in that time, however, if like me you are still waiting after that time, you can call them in the 4th week to escalate your application. Im hoping mine will move this week, however, if not, next week, I shall be calling complaints to escalate my application as I travel on the 17th August and Im waiting for a child renewal and an adult renewal.

jamesd1974
    Participant

They won’t escalate it till there is only 14 days before your travel only way to get it sooner is to say u need to add api information 7 days before then you can escalate it 21 days before that’s how I done it and got mine back in under 2-half weeks 4 of them

greaz90
    Participant

@jamescd1974 Apologies- what do you mean by api information?

sprajax1
    Participant

Advance Passenger Information

sprajax1
    Participant

ah I undestand now James, I do need to enter API as im travelling easyjet..my 21 days before travel will be next monday and also that 4 weeks over too…so either way i will call to try and escalate!! Boy will I deserve a holiday to get over this passport stress!!! 🙂

RLM
    Participant

Hi everyone, such a mixture of timescales still ongoing, but I wanted to update you on my process and experience. Having spoken to the complaints team today (for the second time), it all seemed to start happening, which is great as we travel on Saturday.
    I am just praying that TNT don’t mess up the final stage and that they deliver it within the next 2/3 days. Has anyone had a TNT tracking number to track the delivery. From reading previous posts I haven’t seen anything, but it would be comforting to get.

Application history

Passport printed and sent 3:43pm on 21 July 2020
    Application approved 2:58pm on 21 July 2020
    Application being processed 2:12pm on 21 July 2020
    Documents received 8:49am on 20 July 2020 (but they were actually delivered on 7th July!)
    Application received 9:23pm on 6 July 2020
    Application submitted 9:23pm on 6 July 2020

I really do wish everyone the best of luck whatever stage they are at. I know how awfully stressful it all is! Bonne chance!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by RLM.
    jamesd1974
    Participant

If they post them
    Today you will get them
    Either Thursday or Friday they always take 48-72 hours and I couldn’t track mine apart from a message from tnt on the day they were being delivered

OrangeHK
    Participant

Applied for an adult passport renewal from Hong Kong, processed by Liverpool with timeline below:

Passport printed and sent 8:05am on 21 July 2020
    Application approved 12:00pm on 19 July 2020
    Application being processed 9:32am on 29 May 2020
    Documents received 11:22am on 28 May 2020
    Application received 1:46pm on 12 May 2020
    Application submitted 1:46pm on 12 May 2020

MiSa
    Participant

After a couple of DMs on twitter, our application was approved and apparently the application was sent.

Should i be worried about not being able to track it on the tnt website? I tried our postcode and the passport reference without the PEX, but nothing.

Passport printed and sent 9:23pm on 21 July 2020
    Application approved 9:09am on 21 July 2020
    Application being processed 10:44am on 10 July 2020
    Documents received 2:35pm on 4 July 2020
    Application received 11:19am on 22 June 2020
    Identity details received 11:18am on 22 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:55am on 22 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 5:43pm on 20 June 2020
    Application submitted 5:43pm on 20 June 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]