Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    DarkMess
    Participant

From what I’m hearing the Liverpool office (where I sent my documents to) is an absolute mess it’s been since the 14th of March now. I understand that its a pandemic but considering the government has sent everyone else off to work the fact that the passport office has got barely anyone is ridiculous.

rjo
    Participant

If anyone has time, it might be worth adding any success stories to a list to see if there is any discernible pattern emerging from each office. It would also be most consistent for the main indicator to be the date from PROCESSING.

Peterborough office:
    kc2000’s application was processing from 30th March and approved 18th May;

This is exactly 7 weeks from processing to approved.

Mine (Peterborough) has been processing since 6th April; so, if consistent, 25th May will be 7 weeks from processing. If mine is approved/updated on Monday 25th or any point next week, then we have some indication of consistency from the Peterborough office. I will be sure to update as soon as I can.

Note: as we have established there to be no consistency between offices, if anyone would like to compile info/data on any other success story from any office, then feel free.

WWFC
    Participant

Peterborough Office
    Submitted 22-4-2020
    Documents Recieved 28-4-2020
    Appliciation Approved 29-4-2020
    Passport Printed and Sent 30-4-2020
    I also sent two Renewals to Durham which at the moment seem to be stuck at the processing point.

rjo
    Participant

Okay. So clearly there’s no consistent system at Peterborough…

clazsmiff
    Participant

This has really surprised me seeing as my renewal is with Peterborough and has been stuck in processing since early April 🙁

WWFC
    Participant

Not has suprised has me i couldnt believe the time scale.I recieved my old passport back on Monday.

kris37
    Participant

My being stuck since 6th of April
    Application being processed on 6 April 2020
    Documents received on 2 April 2020
    Application received on 29 March 2020
    Identity details received on 29 March 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity on 29 March 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity on 29 March 2020
    Application submitted on 29 March 2020

rjo
    Participant

Another to add to the list which I missed the first time round:
    “If anyone has time, it might be worth adding any success stories to a list to see if there is any discernible pattern emerging from each office. It would also be most consistent for the main indicator to be the date from PROCESSING.

Peterborough office:
    kc2000’s application was processing from 30th March and approved 18th May;

This is exactly 7 weeks from processing to approved.”

Bb1212’s PETERBOROUGH application timeline:

First passport after naturalisation

Processing: 24/03/2020
    Approved: 14/05/2020

This is 7 1/2 weeks from processing to approved. Is there anyone who sent their application to PETERBOROUGH on a timeline where they have been waiting MORE THAN 7 1/2 weeks since PROCESSING?

shazzalats
    Participant

Hi guys

Some positive news….
    2 child overseas renewals submitted 9 March
    Both received 19 March
    Both processed 20 March

We live in Oman and these were sent some time ago. We had issues in that we need the passports possibly to be repatriated and also we are moving to Malaysia so they are needed for.immigration issues.
    I emailed some time back, called and was told usual about No Staff and covid19 etc.. I then called again and explained our stresses. I also sent a message via Twitter- this works
    I was messaged via Twitter and told to contact Liverpool passport office via email saying why we need passports and proof of our move to Malaysia.
    Did that 6 days ago.
    Today I had an email saying passports approved and will be sent out. Our only issue now is we are.in lockdown and only 1 flight a week with post! But at least they are coming.

I would advise contacting passport office via Twitter
    Send a DM to them. It does work.

waiting
    Participant

Our situation is a child’s first passport to Liverpool sent from within the UK
    Documents received on: March 26
    Application is being processed: May 1

Could someone please let us know the email for Priority Handling at Liverpool, because our circumstances would qualify for it… we just don’t know how to get someone to help us! We tried writing a letter in hard copy to the office, but no response yet.

alenka2003
    Participant

I applied for child passport renewal and application is being processed since 4 March 2020 (way before lockdown) and still no sign of the passport and customer service telling me there are delays due to Covid19. It’s very frustrating as we are relocating to US and need the passport asap and it’s taking more than 2.5 months. And customer service is not willing to help.

Application history
    pages.view.applicationHistory.statuspages.view.applicationHistory.date
    Application being processed 1:51pm on 4 March 2020
    Documents received 2:18pm on 3 March 2020
    Application received 4:12pm on 1 March 2020
    Identity details received 4:11pm on 1 March 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 2:12pm on 1 March 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:28am on 1 March 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:41pm on 27 February 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:35pm on 27 February 2020
    Application submitted 9:35pm on 27 February 2020

rjo
    Participant

@alenka2003 which office did you send to?

rea.5515
    Participant

Hi, I sent mine to Peterborough and it’s still processing!!!!

Application being processed 11:03am on 7 April 2020
    Documents received 12:23pm on 3 April 2020
    Application received 2:38pm on 2 April 2020
    Application submitted 2:38pm on 2 April 2020

Surely some of their workers must be back at work as its a job that they can not do at home!!!
    Has my application just been lost?
    I’m so stressed about this!

clazsmiff
    Participant

Our applications both went to Peterborough and both turned to processing on the same day. I too am still waiting so let’s keep each other updated if we hear anything!

rjo
    Participant

So mine is 6th April processing. If there’s any sort of system then ours should be processed within a day of each other’s. As you might’ve seen I found 2 success stories earlier on in the thread, one of which was exactly 7 weeks from processing, the other 7.5 weeks from processing. So ours SHOULD be updated by next week, I hope.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]