Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    dan
    Participant

At last my application is approved just now.
    Child First passport
    Document sent to Liverpool
    Applied Online 03/03/2020
    Wel before lockdown
    Prosesing 09/03/2020
    Approved 22/05/2020

Took 11 weeks to be Approved.

Hopefully soon I’ll get the passport
    GOOD LUCK TO all u guys.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by dan.

rea.5515
    Participant

I really hope so, I need it to update my registration. I had emailed to tell them that I needed it for my teaching registration and they said that they would rush it through. If this is rushing it through I would hate to see what normal pace is like!!!

KitKat
    Participant

Its been an extremely painful process for my first UK passport. Its been 10wks for something that has a service standard of 6 weeks. I had issues with my photo (on a separate note have complained about the algorithms in the passport photo checker which discriminates against BAME people in detecting our skin tone).

Passport printed and sent 3:02pm on 21 May 2020
    Application approved 5:52pm on 20 May 2020
    New photo received 5:14pm on 5 May 2020
    Photo rejected 7:56pm on 27 April 2020
    Application being processed 9:20am on 19 March 2020
    Documents received 8:49am on 18 March 2020
    Application received 8:40am on 12 March 2020
    Identity details received 8:39am on 12 March 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 4:24pm on 11 March 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 4:13pm on 11 March 2020
    Application submitted 4:13pm on 11 March 2020

Even though it was sent to Liverpool, I was advised it was being processed by the Durham office after numerous emails as I was concerned that I was in the UK with no identification during a pandemic as HMPO also had my New Zealand passport. The communication from HMPO was very poor. Once I’ve received the passport in my hand, I will be making a complaint.

clazsmiff
    Participant

I feel your pain – i need my passport as photo ID to start a new job as I can’t complete onboarding checks without it. I have Security Clearance which is updated to my new surname, but I need photo ID that aligns to that new surname.

Hopefully it won’t be too much longer

AKK
    Participant

Dual-citizen applying for first UK passport from the US.

Application being processed 7:20am on 22 April 2020
    Documents received 2:13pm on 21 April 2020
    Application submitted 6:40am on 5 April 2020

I received emails on 29 April and 14 May reminding me that applications are taking longer than usual and asking me not to contact the passport office.

Stephen S
    Participant

Live in Austria and applied on line in mid-March. My old passport arrived in the UK (Liverpool Office) 3 weeks later. Web-site says being processed 1st May and still waiting. Tried calling as I need urgently to renew my work permit in Malaysia and was told they cannot give me any estimates of when I might receive my new passport. Seems the news on here is inconsistent in so far as waiting times vary tremendously. No alternative other than to wait.

rjo
    Participant

Anyone know if those at the passport office will be taking advantage of the bank holiday on Monday? No doubt they will be…

clazsmiff
    Participant

I’m sure they will and civil servants often get an extra day for the queens birthday too so some people take the Friday and some take the Tuesday so it might be quiet until Wednesday I am afraid 😟

ag1234
    Participant

Has anyone recieved a first time infant passport for UK resident?

Milo London
    Participant

Hello,

I’m still waiting for my adult renewal name change due to marriage. Below is my timeline:

March 7th application submitted
    March 7th application received
    March 16th documents received
    March 17th application being processed

I haven’t heard anything since, I’ve called the help line and they just tell me they unable to give any updates.

It’s been 3 months, we’re due to fly out with work (if permitted) on the 11th August and I’m now very worried. Has anyone had any success calling the passport office and getting any information.

Application was sent to the Liverpool office.

lornaf
    Participant

20 year old son studying in US applied for adult renewal 27 March. Had called on 26 March (after lockdown) and told it would take 4 weeks. Documents arrived 7 April, passport office registered they had them on 16 April and started processing on 27 April. Still in process. Academic year finished, son can’t work on student visa, needing to find friends to stay with, during lockdown. He called a couple of times but they can’t give any info on how long it will take.

dan
    Participant

Child First passport
    Document sent to Liverpool
    Passport RECEIVED 27/05/2020
    Printed and sent 26/05/2020
    Application Approved 22/05/2020
    Processing 09/03/2020
    Applied Online 03/03/2020
    Wel before lockdown

GOOD LUCK TO all u guys.

Grantham Traveller
    Participant

Daily Express story link below (from yesterday). As ever with newspapers the story seems to contain some contradictions such as saying that only urgent passport cases are being processed, while later on it quotes a Home Office spokesperson saying that standard renewals are being processed but are taking longer than usual. The story seems to have been inspired by one in the Telegraph on 22 May.

My application is at Peterborough. I was in the city centre last week taking a walk round the outside of the cathedral. The Passport Office is quite close. As I walked back on my way home I noticed two members of the PO staff returning to the office in the mid-afternoon and going in through the staff entrance. If nothing else that does at least prove some of the staff are at work though what they’re doing is anyone’s guess.

What there’s no indication of anywhere is whether Passport Office staff are going to gradually building their service back up. One would have expected a modicum of normal service resumption as the lockdown eases. I might add that there are all sorts of other areas that have shut down, like birth registration for example.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/1287425/passport-renewal-uk-passports-renew-delay-holidays-travel-advice-news-latest

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/news/passports-expiring-lockdown-coronavirus/

Shannon81x
    Participant

Hi, My partner sent away for his renewal on the 10th April and his passport was delivered by the 15th May. Pretty quick. He had lost his passport and it was due to expire on the 27th of April. I on the other hand am left waiting as it’s my first adult passport so will need an interview. We’re due to go away at the beginning of September. You would think they could find a way around doing interviews face to face. Even zoom interviews would surely make sense and stop a backlog of passport interviews building up. Suppose I’ll just have to keep my fingers crossed that everything is up and running again soon.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by Shannon81x.
    Ramart81
    Participant

Has anybody who sent their documents to Newport received their passports back? I read somewhere that the Newport office was closed since lock-down while others have minimal staff. This was my first passport application, no news since 24th March.

Application being processed 12:05pm on 24 March 2020
    Documents received 4:16pm on 23 March 2020
    Application received 2:17pm on 19 March 2020
    Identity details received 2:16pm on 19 March 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 11:44am on 18 March 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:39am on 18 March 2020
    Application submitted 11:39am on 18 March 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]