Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    Grantham Traveller
    Participant

Shannon81x: which passport office did your partner’s passport go to? Was it the same one as yours? We’re beginning to build up a picture here but it’s crucial to know which offices applications were made so that we can identify the ones operating some sort of service and those that aren’t.

rjo
    Participant

@Ramart81 first passport applications and child renewals seem to be taking the longest. Where did you read the information regarding Newport being closed? I would take everything written by newspapers with a pinch of salt – they are inconsistent with each other and inconsistent with what HMPO have told us.

londonboy
    Participant

Hi Ramart81, I had same date and same office.
    Application processed 24 March since then nothing from newport passport office.

lottiebritt
    Participant

Sent child renewal to Newport…has been processing since 21/3

2 other passports sent to other offices on same date and had them both back.

rjo
    Participant

@lottiebritt – to where were the other two sent?

Were they standard adult renewals?

What were the dates of them turning to “being processed” and being “approved”?

Newport seems to be one of the slower offices at this point.

lottiebritt
    Participant

@rjo 1 adult renewal sent to Durham – processing from 21/3 and approved 27/3

1 child renewal sent to Peterborough – processing from 21/3 and approved 12/5

Newport still waiting.

I just hope now our holiday gets cancelled or our son won’t be able to come with us at this rate! 😂

ag1234
    Participant

Has anyone recieved a passport back from Belfast?

Waiting on a first child passport sent in mid march. When I spoke to someone they advised they couldn’t give me a timeline and that it could be days, weeks or months but didnt take any information from me and wouldnt let me know if belfast was operating.

rjo
    Participant

So the child renewal to Peterborough is consistent with current trend at 7 1/2 weeks from processing to approved. But Newport doesn’t seem to have many success stories in the thread so we don’t even have a semi-complete picture for it.

Belfast, I think that might be the first in this thread to mention it.

WWFC
    Participant

As my previous post 8 days for my adult renewal from Peterborough 22-30 of April from submit to being printed but still no passports for child renewals from Durham being processed now for a month.

rjo
    Participant

Yes there are some exceptional cases which seem to be taking barely even a week which is confusing, particularly with Grantham Traveller’s application also being a straight forward adult renewal. WWFC, was your adult renewal to Peterborough done via the digital check and send system? I’m trying to figure out if there’s any reason for these wild inconsistencies

Andy Anderson
    Keymaster

Thank you to all of you for contributing to this topic which I hope is helping you get a better idea of the current situation. Please do continue to post here but we have also set up a new forum for people to post their completed timelines for each respective Passport Office. Stay safe everyone!

Different Passport Offices

Grantham Traveller
    Participant

WWFC’s application to Peterborough was submitted a week before mine but my documents (i.e. old passport) arrived at Peterborough on 29 April only one day after WWFC’s.

Despite that, my application wasn’t even admitted to ‘being processed’ for another THIRTEEN DAYS (12 May), twelve days after WWFC’s new passport was sent out.

Mine is still ‘being processed’ (27 May) which as we all now know is a a very elastic term. It sounds like something is happening but in reality it is probability just heaped up in a long stack of applications awaiting processing. As it happens I can afford to be patient, and I also fully accepted from the outset that I’d have to wait an extended length of time, but that doesn’t mean I am not very confused by the intense variability in service. Mine is a standard online renewal with no complications. The online photo submission page said the picture I had uploaded was right into the Good sector. My old passport had not expired but a) had a damaged page and b) will be useless from September on for helping my son and his small children out of Vietnam where they are stuck for the moment, because it would no longer have enough time left on it. I was assured by someone on the Passport Office helpline that I had done the right thing because it is in the queue and I ought to get the new one in time.

WWFC
    Participant

rjo i just applied and uploaded photos myself on GOV.UK

nickh
    Participant

US/UK Dual citizen applying for first Adult Passport from the US. Documents sent to Durham office. Here’s my timeline so far:

Application being processed 7:35am on 26 May 2020
    Documents received 11:12am on 22 May 2020
    Application received 7:13pm on 14 May 2020
    Identity details received 7:13pm on 14 May 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 5:33pm on 14 May 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 5:28pm on 14 May 2020
    Application submitted 5:28pm on 14 May 2020

We’ll see how long this takes! Fingers crossed

rjo
    Participant

Grantham Traveller – I was told via Twitter that replacements for damaged passports take longer because they have a longer process (because they are government documents which have been damaged and so must be checked for something – any other details I don’t know) – this is the process mine is also going through. It does seem strange to me as to why mine is taking so long with this process because the application to replace the damaged passport asks for very little information, but I guess we will never know. Hoping for an update soon as mine just passed 7 weeks since processing started.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]