Belfast

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    linda992
    Participant

First adult passport
    Called them on Aug 27 to chase due to the upcoming trip.

Passport printed and sent 1:06pm on 28 August 2020
    Application approved 11:10am on 27 August 2020
    Application being processed 12:05pm on 14 August 2020
    Documents received 9:21am on 13 August 2020
    Application received 8:04pm on 6 August 2020
    Identity details received 8:04pm on 6 August 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:17pm on 6 August 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:07pm on 6 August 2020
    Application submitted 7:07pm on 6 August 2020

DonnaUtice
    Participant

Hello I am Ahmet. Thank you for sharing this information with us.
    Ive been married for a year now 4 have a child. 2 years ago I got an 3 annual session. I have my English and the place I work in English is not German.
    5 I was working with my wife in Antalya during the year guidance We came to Germany this year.After arrival, his father passed away.
    Now were sitting in Hagen. My wife has never received social aid or anything, and she has no knowledge.
    German is a1, and I dont even have a check.
    We live with my wifes mother. The only daughter of the house died in the father.
    We have made my application to the course. my wife buys the 1100 euro I wouldnt take the 6 from her former company for the entire XNUMX month.
    Now if I go to the course, who will meet my needs? should I apply for any unemployment benefit?
    I dont have a rent, but you know, Im going to have a non-smoking bus or money for the government. ?
    What am I supposed to do after this time?
    Respects

Cian_G
    Participant

First Adult Passport Application From Overseas (ROI) – 22 days

Application submitted 3:53pm on 13 September 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 3:53pm on 13 September 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 3:56pm on 13 September 2020
    Identity details received 4:16pm on 13 September 2020
    Application received 4:16pm on 13 September 2020
    Documents received 1:43pm on 21 September 2020
    Application being processed 11:25am on 22 September 2020
    Application approved 11:53am on 29 September 2020
    Passport printed and sent 8:45am on 30 September 2020
    Passport Arrived on 6 October.

The delay in receiving the documents was my fault, i took a few days to send them. It then took a week for the passport to arrive to Ireland from Belfast as DHL were quite slow in delivery. Supporting documents are due to arrive tomorrow. The Passport is Blue and no interview was conducted (citizenship by descent)

Belfasty
    Participant

Timescale for Child renewal passport at Belfast which included a bank holiday:

Passport received on 12 May 2021
    Passport printed and sent on 11 May 2021
    Application approved on 10 May 2021
    Application being processed on 7 May 2021
    Documents received on 6 May 2021
    Application received 1 May 2021
    Application submitted 1 May 2021

So a 12 day turnaround.

juju3
    Participant

Here is my crazy timeline!

I’m applying for First Adult Passport by Descent
    Method: Online
    Passport Office: HMPO Belfast

Application being processed 10:56am on 19 March 2021
    Documents received 8:20am on 19 March 2021
    Application received 8:46pm on 15 March 2021
    Identity details received 8:46pm on 15 March 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 12:51pm on 15 March 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:41pm on 15 March 2021
    Application submitted 12:41pm on 15 March 2021

I was contacted maybe on the 24th of March saying my birth certificate and my parents’ marriage certificate that I sent were of the wrong type, so I did all I could to retrieve the correct ones from Italy.
    I could obtain everything and send it back only by the 5th of May (they were received on the next day) but then on the 14th of May I received a letter from the HMPO informing me there was a typo on the certified translation.
    Turns out the typo was on my original birth certificate, so I had to contact the civil registry office of my birthplace (AGAIN) to get it amended. It took them a whole month to send it to me, I sent everything to the HMPO again which they received on the 1st of July (according to the tracking code). Nothing until the 19th of July, when I receive an email from them asking for this birth certificate AGAIN and that I had already sent almost three weeks earlier!
    I call the advice line and give them the tracking code but after that I hear nothing from them.
    I decide to call back on the 26th of July asking roughly how long is it going to take at this point (as I have no type of ID, as they took my other nationality’s passport for the application) but the person I spoke to told me he doesn’t know 🙁 I ask what’s going on with my birth certificate, if it’s lost or what and he again says he doesn’t know.
    Hopefully I will be able to get my passport soon as I would like to see my parents abroad after so long.

amgmum
    Participant

Timescale for child renewal passport:
    DatePassport printed and sent 1:22pm on 29 July 2021
    Application approved 8:39am on 29 July 2021
    Application being processed 10:09am on 13 July 2021
    Documents received 10:33am on 9 July 2021
    Application received 11:33am on 5 July 2021
    Identity details received 11:32am on 5 July 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:22pm on 4 July 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 8:05pm on 4 July 2021
    Application submitted 8:05pm on 4 July 2021

martindent
    Participant

Hi all, has anybody had anything accepted from Belfast recently? If you have could you let me know dates your documents where received please. Thanks

userleft
    Spectator

Waiting for a child passport renewal from Belfast.
    Been almost 4 weeks now since submission and still “being processed”.
    Starting to get very anxious since need it in 2 weeks time.
    Anyone any ideas if there anything you can do to speed this up? Upgrade to their Fast Track service?

Details:
    Application being processed 11:57am on 17 September 2021
    Documents received 9:04am on 16 September 2021
    Application received 8:42pm on 13 September 2021
    Identity details received 8:41pm on 13 September 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 9:04am on 12 September 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 9:03am on 12 September 2021
    Application submitted 9:03am on 12 September 2021

brm1
    Participant

Hi we upgraded to fast track for my sons renewal when the application was stuck in processing and it appeared we weren’t likely to get it. We are due to fly this Saturday 23rd Oct and Saturday gone I booked a fast track appointment in Glasgow for 9am Monday morning (18th Oct). I attended the appointment gave them the application form and a withdrawal letter for the first application. I stated the old passport number on the new application. The lady who took my application said she’d send the withdrawal letter to Durham (where the old passport is) and that we would get the new passport within 7 days. We checked yesterday and the examiner needed a colour copy of the front of my sons old passport emailing through from Durham and this was done. Just checked with them 20 mins ago and the passport is due for printing this afternoon and on TNT’s “last mile” webpage it’s saying it’s due out for delivery tomorrow. So we will just have made it! All hangs on it being delivered tomorrow now as we need to drive up to Glasgow to catch flights at 6am on Saturday!

Wishingandhoping
    Participant

Here is my time line for replacement passport.

I called about a week ago to see if I could get any info on progress and the person wasn’t so helpful and couldn’t really tell me anything other than its at Belfast office (was online application and didn’t have to send any documents)

Then called yesterday to be told my application was “on hold until 2/11/21“
    But there was no note on system as to why? And I was asked if I had dates for travel which I do – next Friday, so she took a note. Not sure if this helped speed things up or if its just a coincidence, but worth trying (prepare to be on hold for 60 minutes+)

Anyway, later that day I got txt saying it had been approved and today it has been sent thankfully! This forum is awesome! Thanks for everything!

Passport printed and sent 9:03am on 3 November 2021
    Application approved 12:58pm on 2 November 2021
    Application being processed 11:33am on 7 October 2021
    Identity details received 6:03pm on 5 October 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 5:57pm on 5 October 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 5:34pm on 5 October 2021
    Application submitted 5:34pm on 5 October 2021

bmor84
    Participant

Anyone got recent timeliness for waiting.

Docs sent to Belfast, current status shows as processing and has done since 24th Feb.

Child’s renewal, hoping to get away at Easter

Kips05
    Participant

I’m the same as you. we are currently being processed – date was 11th March, no further updates. We have had to cancel our holiday… we were due to fly on 29th March 🙁

bmor84
    Participant

Bless you, I’m giving up hope. Tried calling them today but was a waste of time.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

meganll
    Participant

Belfast:
    Passport printed 9:13pm on 18 March 2022
    Application approved 12:26pm on 16 March 2022
    Application being processed 1:34pm on 14 March 2022
    Documents received 11:33am on 24 February 2022
    Application received 9:18am on 14 February 2022

Special note:
    The only reason our application was approved so soon after processing is because I basically begged the urgent and compassionate team at the Belfast office. I got their email address from someone at the passport advice line.

I explained our situation. They responded within 2 hours and also said we don’t qualify for being expedited:

“Thank you for your e-mail. Sadly this situation does not fall within the urgent and compassionate criteria to have _____’s passport issued urgently.

Though as _____’s application is awaiting examination, I will have it lifted and referred to an examiner to process today via the normal service.”

It was approved the same day!

I do think it’s important to note that our situation was unique. If we didn’t receive my daugther’s passport in time, I was going to be separated from her since I had to leave the UK before the end of my visa.

If you have a difficult situation requiring you to travel, it does seem worthwhile to email the urgent and compassionate team to at least get it on their radar.

bmor84
    Participant

Anyone got any recent updates or waiting times for Belfast office? This waiting game is horrible.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.