Belfast

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • Author
    xantherob
    Participant

Hi again, any luck? Just checked and we’re still being processed… bit worrying to see there are some people there saying they’ve been at that stage since early March! I don’t think we’re going to get away in early July at this rate.

screamer
    Participant

My application has went backwords!
    it’s went from this
    Application history
    Status Date
    Application being processed 9:26am on 16 May 2022
    Documents received 2:30pm on 13 May 2022
    Application received 7:27pm on 2 May 2022
    Application submitted 7:26pm on 2 May 2022

To this

Application history
    StatusDate
    Documents received 2:30pm on 13 May 2022
    Application received 7:27pm on 2 May 2022
    Application submitted 7:26pm on 2 May 2022

The Application being processed 9:26am on 16 May 2022 now missing

xantherob
    Participant

My daughter’s application has also
    gone backwards! Now saying ‘old passport received’ rather than ‘processing’. Maybe the system has gone down? It doesn’t fill you with confidence, does it???

COLANDJO73
    Participant

Anyone got the email address for the Belfast office?

xantherob
    Participant

Hi

I’ve got the email for the upgrade team. It’s: Belfastupgradeteam@hmpo.gov.uk

But they won’t upgrade your application until you’ve been waiting at least 6 weeks and your flight is within 2 weeks or less.

COLANDJO73
    Participant

Thank you very much for that.

jobee
    Participant

We have had a terrible time. Applied for an two adult renewals and a child renewal on 4th May 22. Belfast confirmed receipt of my sons adult renewal on 4th May 22, updated to processing on 17th May. Nothing else since. I’ve been there’s potentially an issue as he’s going from a cold passport to a first adult and a declaration May need signing, or a new form, however they can’t confirm that until an examiner looks at it. I’ve been told I’ll get an email, call etc. nothing. My MP got involved a couple of weeks ago due to issues with my husband and she’s also asked for these to be expedited and red alerts placed etc. still no movement. Nobody has even looked at it yet.

My husband’s is a different story. We sent the old passport back and after 3 weeks they still hadn’t acknowledged it. I’ve rang hundreds of times to be told something different each time. Cancel the old one, it’s lost (despite being signed for In their offices), don’t cancel it we can see it linked to the application online but it’s in Newport so need them to confirm, doing cancel under any circumstances, there’s no passport, there is. I got an email and a text confirming they had his old passport finally that Friday 24th June 2022, almost 8 weeks since they signed for it. My MP emailed me Monday confirming she’d had a conversation with them Monday morning (27th June 22) and they had his old passport now. However, Monday evening the passport office rang to say they still haven’t got his passport and we need to cancel it. I told them about my text, email and confirmation from my MP and they said all that is incorrect. Round and round in circles we go.
    On Tuesday 28th June 22 the management team rang me back and confirmed his old passport is lost. It’s been sent to Liverpool but without his application and that they will cancel it internally as lost. Within about 30 mins of this call, his passport was approved.

I’m still waiting for the child renewal, I’m still waiting for someone to confirm in anything else needs doing with the other adult renewal but until somebody bothers to look at them then they won’t confirm. 8.5wks and counting.

jobee
    Participant

Child renewal moving to first adult passport.

Documents were signed for 12th May 22
    Have been told is waiting For an examiner. MP asked for it be expedited and red alerts have been put on it, along with call back requests. Been told we may need to do further things like a declaration, or a new form as this Haz a first adult. Nobody can say what is needed though until it’s looked at by an examiner.

Application history

StatusDate
    Documents received 2:29pm on 17 May 2022
    Application received 11:44pm on 4 May 2022
    Application submitted 11:43pm on 4 May 2022

hiball
    Participant

Hi, I meet the criteria of over 6 weeks/ flight in 2.

I’ve emailed, with a pdf of my flight booking.

But I’ve not had an response.

Any experience of what normally happens?

Thanks

xantherob
    Participant

Hi

Did you get an automated response? We got one saying they had noted our flight was July 4th (I sent it 2 weeks before on June 20th).

Then I waited for a callback which we didn’t get until Friday July 1st. We then paid for upgrade and picked passport up that afternoon at nearest passport office. Flying this evening.

But I would phone them if you didn’t get automated response to tell them this. When you call, press option 8, then option 3 because this is very quick to answer- usually within 10 minutes.

Good luck 🤞

ktd22
    Participant

Just in case anyone was planning on visiting the Belfast passport office my experience today is that they are very quiet compared to stories of other offices. I was in at 9am to pick up a passport and there was no queue outside and only about 5 people in enquiry line separate to those with appointments!

jobee
    Participant

Still two passports stuck at the Belfast offices since 4th May 22. Anyone actually getting passports back from there. We’re currently 9.5wks since application. Have tried requesting call back.

My MP has chased and she said they’re currently dealing with applications from the end of April/ beginning of May.

screamer
    Participant

The Belfast office seems to be a complete shambles

COLANDJO73
    Participant

Jobee, I am in a similar position. My 10 weeks is up on the 13th July. I have contacted the main phone number on Saturday as I am now two weeks before I travel. Also, contacted my MP who has been a good support so far.

Good luck!!!

screamer
    Participant

I phoned the normal number this morning, i’m 10 weeks waiting today, the lady said she’d expedite my passport but there’s something in me saying this won’t happen

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 61 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.