Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    AnnieS
    Participant

I think we should lobby our MP for a more compassionate system. I think that people would be prepared to pay more to have their passports expediated in exceptional circumstances(not just death of a relative). What do others think?

hs99
    Participant

AnnieS thats fab news! Hoping mine is just behind yours then!! I applied 14th Feb at the post office and mines been processing since 24th Feb so keeping my fingers crossed! Hopefully your others will follow soon x

passportstress
    Participant

I’ve been checking this forum regularly so just wanted to update with my experience. Sent two applications for child renewals one went to Durham (our closest office) and one went to Glasgow ….both passports arrived a day apart.

Durham office:
    Submitted online application: 23rd Feb
    Old PP sent/counter signatory completed: 24th Feb
    Royal Mail tracking signed for: 25th Feb
    Old PP officially received: 9th March
    Application approved: 12th March
    Sent: 16th March
    Passport arrived: 17th March – I wasn’t in and it was posted through the door.

3 weeks 1 day – start to finish Durham office
    3weeks 0 days – start to finish Glasgow office.

I was sent both an email and text at each of these stages so there really is no need to check the progress of the application unless you’ve not put your contact details.

londoner
    Participant

Krazie – what number did you use for Durham passport office. Need to travel second week April and mine was only approved today

krazie1978
    Participant

Hi Londoner I called 0300 222 0000
    Spoke to a lovely gentleman called Tom

londoner
    Participant

Just called to check on ETA for printed passport following approval yesterday – freaking out as on the operators’ system it is showing that the passport is still in examination. Assume this is because there system hasn’t updated yet/it hasnt been actually sent to print – did anyone else have this issue?

yasi
    Participant

viksnid. I called and called and trying to get tracking no for Dhl .ONE GUY SAID I SHOULD GET NEXT FEW HOURS BUT ONE DAY HAS PASSED SINCE STILL NO TRACKING NO FROM DHL.I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT RATHER THAN WAIT.IT has been now 7 days since passport was printed and send according to HMPO website .very stressed

yasi
    Participant

viksnid.did you got tracking no from Dhl in email or txt message ?

viksnid
    Participant

I got it in a text message. Threaten to get your local MP involved and explain the passport is the only form of ID. Tell them you’ve been on the phone so many times and get strict with them. They only budged when I did that. I got a reply back from my emails and a text message as they marked me as URGENT. Do the same!

britinmelbs
    Participant

Managed to get my ETD in Australia so I can return to UK and back to Aus….so relieved!

My passport renewal magically went into “approved” a few hours after I submitted the ETD. It’s been 5 days and still hasn’t said printed or sent. Not a big issue right now as I have the ETD but I still need the full adult renewal because of my visa etc etc. I think their system probably just triggered it as approved and the damn thing is still stuck in limbo somewhere in Durham…

viksnid
    Participant

When went into printed and sent within a day. That’s strange.. I would call them and mention your visa is urgent.

yasi
    Participant

Viksnid hi,is it DHL express or DHL parcel services they use ?

viksnid
    Participant

DHL express. They have a chat channel online. I got a waybill number in a text message. Have you called the passport office? I think they’re closed weekends. Call on Monday and explain it’s urgent. Explain that I got mine after 7 days.

viksnid
    Participant

This is what the text said:
    DHL Express 1389261930 from HM PASSPORT OFC estimated Wed Mar 30. Signature required. Manage delivery: https://del.dhl.com/NZ/9zCVcM8aN4

Jalex1234
    Participant

Hi All,

Just wanted to give a bit of information on my waiting times so far, as I am applying from France and there doesn’t seem to be lots of people applying from abroad on here! My wife and I are both British as are our families and as such all of our documents are British ones such as birth certs and marriage certs of us and our parents. Only my sons birth certificate is a French document. this is our timeline so far:
    Application being processed 12:08pm on 23 February 2022
    Documents received 3:00pm on 21 February 2022 – Actually delivered at 830 am on the 16th!
    Application received 8:26pm on 11 February 2022
    Identity details received 8:25pm on 11 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:08pm on 11 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:46pm on 11 February 2022
    Application submitted 7:46pm on 11 February 2022

Hope this helps someone, I will update when it finally gets approved! Frustrating to have to wait so much longer than if we were in the UK!

Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.