Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Good Life
    Participant

Hi @Richie
    Thanks for the post. It is really informative and very much appreciated.
    It seems that it is hit and miss who you get to speak to. I have had a few very knowledgeable and informative advisers but others who are perhaps not so au fait (but very pleasant nevertheless).
    I agree with you on the addition of notes. Like you, there was urgency to my application which was made more difficult by exclusion from the upgrade and fast track options.
    Unfortunately, I ended up with notes added to my file. I am not certain but I suspect that this has resulted in my application ending up at the manual processing route (2 advisors have told me that I had a problem free application). I guess it needs to go along this route so that the examiner can read these. Therefore by trying to expedite my application I have unwittingly ended up doing the opposite!!… I am now destined for the prolonged route.

Caz86
    Participant

Just wondering anyone have a time frame to when they recieved their passport by courier? Got an email 7th June says passport printed and sent by secure delivery. Got a txt from passport office the following morning 8th June saying passport will be sent to the address gave. Still no passport yet and no tracking details from couriers. I have rang TNT and they haven’t got anything that matches my reference number nor have DHL. TNT told me they collect all passports and give the ones for Europe delivery to DHL who in turn re label and send out, at which time I should recieve tracking info from DHL. As we are in the Republic of Ireland I know it won’t be next day delivery like most of you have luckily got in the UK. I’m just worrying wondering is the passport still sitting in the printing office and even been collected yet!! Currently on hold to HMPO the last hour trying to get some advice on where it is now. Due to fly Monday 13th June. Has anyone just recieved the passport from DHL without any tracking or delivery text/email notifications?
    Thanks in advance.

Upsidedown
    Participant

@Caz86 have you tried using the number without the PEX on the courier tracking site? I have seen others on here who tracked that way.

Caz86
    Participant

Hi @Upsidedown yes I’ve tried that and given that number to both TNT and DHL over the phone and its showing nothing. Just off the phone from HMPO and told it was printed at Central print location and could still be waiting there to be collected by TNT 🙁 they did give me a different track and trace number for it that it has been given, so I’m currently on hold to TNT to try and find out if it’s even been collected by them at all. Apparently they only collect Mon-Fri so it’s highly unlikely I’ll receive now before our flight on Monday. I just want to know if I’ll get it by even Tues of next week as I can re book my flights at a highly increased price…and fly out on Wednesday at the latest.

erb
    Participant

Hello!

I submitted my adult passport for renewal on the 3rd May as I was unable to submit sooner due to travelling. I was also hoping to get a fast track but after being unable to for a week I decided to bite the bullet and submit the normal way.

I travel on the 25th June and this is my timeline so far –

Application submitted: 3rd May
    Applicated received: 3rd May
    Documents received: 16th May

Then today 10th June, I received a text saying that they had received my passport today. Even though I got an email on the 16th saying that they received it then. Has anyone had a similar experience?

I’ve called and emailed but it seems that won’t change anything and I’m not sure they’ll let me upgrade as I submitted under the 10 week mark. Starting to feel very stressed now and just at a loss of what I can do. Will just have to sit tight!

wanting3
    Participant

Caz I only got a text on the morning my passport was due to be delivered which was 2 days after it was printed. Both dhl and tnt were used to deliver mine and out of the 3 only 1 tracking number was updated.it only seems to work once it’s been received at the depot which is typically the night before it’s due ti be delivered. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow for you

wanting3
    Participant

Erb, from what others have said if you have been told the documents were received twice its usually because it’s been transferred internally to another office. For my 3 which were sent to Durham they stayed at documents received for about 3 weeks before being approved. Hopefully yours won’t be much longer

Caz86
    Participant

Thanks @Wanting3 that puts my mind at ease a little bit. I spoke to TNT earlier and they didn’t seem to have anything matching my PEX number or the track and trace number HMPO gave me today. They said they pick up late afternoon and evening from the Central print location so I’m hoping it gets collected today as the next pick up won’t be till Monday.

jb2022
    Participant

Online adult renewal posted to Belfast from Durham – 18 days from delivery of old passport to arrival of new passport.

Online photo submission 20/May

Old passport delivered to passport office by Royal Mail 23/May

Passport not acknowledged as delivered in online status check until 31/May

New passport printed 9/June

New passport arrived 10/June

Cutpaste from the status site:

Passport printed 4:58am on 9 June 2022

Application approved 11:09pm on 7 June 2022

Documents received 4:13pm on 31 May 2022

Application received 2:15pm on 20 May 2022

Application submitted 2:15pm on 20 May 2022

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by jb2022.
    Helly87
    Participant

Anyone else approaching 10 week wait and getting extremely frustrated now!
    I have emailed, I have phoned and even have my local Mp on the case. Just feel like I have been pushed to the back of the que when I applied in good time for my holiday in July. Going to miss online check in next week now 😞

jb2022
    Participant

That’s really unfair. I read all about the troubles and was panicking I’d submitted mine too late. Is yours a renewal or a new passport?

wanting3
    Participant

Caz, hopefully it will arrive. Tnt are definitely the worse for updating tracking. It’s really frustrating but until it’s at your local depot it won’t be trackable. It’s likely the first tracking you will get is from dhl when it’s out for delivery.

brussels83
    Participant

@Helly87 we’re in exactly the same boat, just stuck, allowed plenty of time, now nearly at 10 weeks. Spoken to them, emailed, used chat and my MP has been in touch with them and nothing has changed, so frustrated with it all, now trying to work out if it is best to upgrade when I hit 10 weeks or wait till 14 days before to make sure I can get the passport in my hand rather than going to central print, 10 weeks for us is about 18 days before we travel.

Helly87
    Participant

It’s an adult renewal but has a name change due to marriage. Wish I had just kept my maiden name now. So frustrating, think your ok aslong as doesn’t go into processing status. My sister in law was waited 14 weeks for hers 😭

Helly87
    Participant

It’s an adult renewal but has a name change due to marriage. Wish I had just kept my maiden name now. So frustrating, think your ok aslong as doesn’t go into processing status. My sister in law was waited 14 weeks for hers 😭

Viewing 15 posts - 826 through 840 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.