First Adult Passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion First Adult Passport

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    amstar
    Participant

Hi
    I applied for my first adult passport on the 26th Feb and sent my supporting documents on the 28th. Should I have had a notification to say they have received the document by now or is it too early for a response?

Edit: I sent the birth certificate to Bootle if thats needed information

• This topic was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by amstar.

rayray777
    Participant

I sent my sons on the 21st of feb and still no update as docs received got a text last night please send your old passport . This is Peterborough office I sent recorded freaking out a bit I no there is a gap in updating but everyone’s seems to be quicker

jespop30
    Participant

It is taking 8 working days to be uploaded onto the system. And rayray777, I would be ringing as that seems an awfully long time for documents to be uploaded

rayray777
    Participant

I thought so myself panick mode now

amstar
    Participant

jespop30, thank you. I have a few more days to wait then. Hope yours is uploaded soon rayray777

leahmca
    Participant

I sent my docs on 16th feb (recorded so they were delivered 17th) but the system was only updated 28th feb to say they were received . So I prob wouldn’t panic just yet. Processing passport started 8th March. Also Peterborough office.

rayray777
    Participant

Thankyou I can’t tell you how many times I’ve checked for updates 😂

rayray777
    Participant

Do they send a text and email when it updates

leahmca
    Participant

I got a text / email to say docs received but I just haPpened to log on today and saw processing started yesterday (no text /email)

LAD
    Participant

I’m in the same situation as the original poster. I sent my documents on 28 Feb via signed delivery, and I got confirmation that they arrived in Peterborough on the 1st of March. So far, there’s no update in the system.

I’m an EU citizen with settled status who naturalised in February (with no effect on my other citizenship). Does anyone know if it’s still legal to travel using my EU identity card + settled status? Obviously I can enter the EU, but will I have difficulties at the UK border? I know ID cards are allowed for those with status for another few years, but I’m not sure if naturalisation “voids” settled status. If I try to enter the UK using my ID card, I’ll have to see a border agent. If they ask where is my passport and I tell them it’s with the UK Passport Office, I don’t want to get in trouble. Thanks for any help / advice!

blocoholi
    Participant

Hi LAD, same here – sent in my passport & naturalisation documents, Tracking shows it arrived on 02/03.
    Need a passport to travel on 15/04 but won’t be able to use ID as travelling long-haul distance.

Not sure, if you can still travel with ID, best check with UK Border Force.

lk89
    Participant

-17th Feb – Application Received
    -2nd March – Documents Received

No updates since then 🙁

hsr
    Participant

lk89 – sent mrs application for first passport on 16th Feb and documents received (HMPO) 2nd March. Just spoke to passport adviceline and they said to wait for 2-3 weeks.

lk89
    Participant

Thank you hsr!! They are sooo slow, I need to travel on 25th March so really hoping it will be resolved before then, fingers crossed.

hsr
    Participant

lk89 – Do you have to attend an interview? i saw someone on this forum was requested to attend interview for their first passport.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.