First Adult Passport

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion First Adult Passport

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    blocoholi
    Participant

Just received a text/email stating Please send your documents.
    Sent my documents with Special Delivery and they were delivered on 02/03.

Panicking a bit…

lk89
    Participant

hsr – no i haven’t been asked yet to attend any interviews! I’m just stuck at the ‘Documents received’ stage

rayray777
    Participant

I also got this text to and mine was signed for 2 weeks ago 😳

sarahf1
    Participant

My documents took 9 days to be updated on system I also sent next day recorded been stuck on processing application for a week now

VZZZ
    Participant

Application for a first adult passport following naturalisation. I submitted my naturalisation certificate and current foreign passport. I wasn’t asked to interview or anything else.

Application approved – 11 March 2022
    Application being processed – 23 February 2022
    Documents received – 13 February 2022 (note that Royal Mail delivered the documents on 4 February)
    Application received – 31 January 2022
    Identity details received – 31 January 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity – 31 January 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity – 31 January 2022
    Application submitted – 31 January 2022

diz17
    Participant

Hsr- all first adult passport applicants have to attend an interview. They are currently being held online via video call. 🙂

hsr
    Participant

diz17 – there are some exceptions like below:

UK and overseas customers we will not interview
    We must try to recognise customers who are exempt from attending an interview before inviting them to make an appointment.

If we have enough information from identity checks, we will not interview an adult customer applying for their first British passport when they:

are 70 years old or over unless there are any fraud concerns
    were naturalised within the last 12 months and UK Visa and Immigration service’s records confirm the customer’s photo identity and personal details (unless there have been changes to their name since they were naturalised)
    are members of HM Armed Forces applying for their first British passport
    are dependants of members of HM Armed Forces and can be verified from Home Office records
    are members or dependants of members of the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and they are also applying for a Diplomatic or Official passport

sarahf1
    Participant

How long does the application processing usually last?

nassao41
    Participant

I’m getting super stressed, sent first adult passport application on 22 Feb. The documents were sent tracked on 23rd and received on 24th yet still no update from Peterborough passport office to say they have been received. I need the passport to travel on 9th April and worried it’s not going to come now.
    I’ve called 3 times and waiting for a callback from the progress team but I’m worried they’ve lost the documents or something so it will be delayed even longer 🙁
    I hate this waiting game.

rayray777
    Participant

I sent my sons to Peterborough same dates as you and it not updated as received on the system either I also did recorded I no it’s there 😩

hsr
    Participant

its taking long to update the documents.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by hsr.
    nassao41
    Participant

Rayray777 I’m glad it’s not just me. There seems to be problems at Peterborough passport office, but it doesn’t ease my concerns that I’m not going to get my passport in time.
    I’m praying this call back gives me some good news, I just want to keep ringing until someone tells me that they’ve got them.
    Is your son’s a first time child passport?
    Most people have been getting there’s within a week to 10 days, so I don’t understand why I’m now on day 11 and still no update 😩

LAD
    Participant

nassao41, I’m also on day 11 with no update (Peterborough). I used signed-for delivery and have confirmation that my documents arrived 11 days ago.

nassao41
    Participant

LAD Is yours 11 working days? I actually sent mine on the 23rd Feb and I’m still on no update.
    I know some people have received there’s after 10 working days so not including the weekends, so yours might still turn up before 10 working days have passed depending on when you sent it?

LAD
    Participant

Mine was 11 calendar days, 9 working days so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.