First child passport timeline

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion First child passport timeline

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    hellakinsella
    Participant

@AlexM2022

Mine have said “processing” since 1st April! I fly in 2 weeks.

AlexM2022
    Participant

@hellakinsella

Have you tried ringing or webchat yet??, i’ve literally just got through to someone & they said its 10 weeks from when documents were received.. so now my holidays out the window

hellakinsella
    Participant

@AlexM2022

Couldn’t get through til yesterday when I called and asked about the upgrade service. It’s a huge gamble as there’s no guarantees and they leave you hanging til 2 days before you fly but I don’t feel I have other options. Fully expecting to lose the full amount of my holiday 🙁

shgs8
    Participant

Does anyone know if you need to sign for the passport?

Are TNT as bad as made out?

For anyone who has been lucky enough to receive their passport.

tome1
    Participant

@lleach I was in the same boat, documents were signed for on the 13th April and the system only updated today to say received. On the phone they stated it’s a 2-3 week backlog at the moment and would only look in to it after 3 weeks.

Hopefully you can fast track as you travel so soon.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by tome1.
    Jet88
    Participant

Hi all

Been following various threads on this forum for a couple of weeks.

Here’s my timeline for baby’s first passport which we applied for online and documents sent to Bootle. We live in London. We travel on 21/5/22 and requested an upgrade exactly 14days before – email sent to the London team as that’s my closest office. Didn’t hear anything and emailed again last Wednesday on advice of the progress team. Once again didn’t receive a call back but the status changed to approved last Friday so not sure whether the request sped up the process.

Passport was delivered this morning by DHL (not TNT) – 2 working days from being printed. I actually only received the tracking text 1hr before it was posted. I wasn’t at home but they still posted through the letterbox.

Passport printed 6:25pm on 13 May 2022
    Application approved 1:03pm on 12 May 2022
    Documents received 8:28am on 25 April 2022
    Application received 8:29am on 10 April 2022
    Identity details received 8:29am on 10 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:21am on 10 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:31pm on 9 April 2022
    Application submitted 11:31pm on 9 April 2022

Good luck to everyone. The stress is unbearable and I feel very fortunate to have it in hand a few days before we fly!

mal786
    Participant

Just wanted to share my experience. I applied on 19th April for my daughters first child passport. I just received an email to say it has been approved and being printed. Her application took 4 weeks. It was at the Newport office. They did take a few days longer to update that they had received documents.

Application approved 12:23pm on 19 May 2022
    Documents received 10:58am on 3 May 2022
    Application received 9:08pm on 20 April 2022
    Identity details received 9:08pm on 20 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:17pm on 19 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 7:11pm on 19 April 2022
    Application submitted 7:11pm on 19 April 2022

jcshrimpton
    Participant

Thank you for sharing … my documents were registered as received 2 days after yours so this gives me some hope 🙂

cledan
    Participant

Just to let everyone know what happened to us. We were flying on Wednesday 4th May and morning of Tuesday 3rd we still didn’t have a passport. The application was still stuck on identity details received. We decided to travel to Liverpool as that’s where we were flying from the next day and try and go to the passport office. We had applied for an upgrade in the meantime as well as lots of emails to the upgrade team. 12.30, Newport upgrade team e-mailed us and saying they were aware of our request and they’ll be in touch soon. A kind lady from Newport rang us hour after and said she will sort it asap, got told to go to nearest passport office (Liverpool). She was brilliant and apologised as why it took so long. (started the application on 27/2/22). We got to Liverpool passport office and they received the documents, approved, and printed the passport within 4 hours. So anyone who is waiting for that bit of hope, just keep emailing the upgrade team. That’s what I did and it worked for me.

asb12
    Participant

Passport Recieved 18th May 2022 = 7.5 weeks total since application

Applied online on 2nd April. Live in NI but documents sent to London and then Glasgow. Freaked out a lot early May as have flight in June for first holiday. Not able to speak to anyone! Eventually got through via number 8 on helpline and requesting callback through them (called back that day). They then requested additional documentation a week later which was posted tracked 1st class. Passport processed and approved a week after documents signed for. Printing and delivery very quick (TNT) – got delivered within 1 working day but just posted through letter box.

Whole system very stressful though as its not really updated at all. No idea if nearly done or still in a queue waiting to be looked at! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Passport printed 7:45am on 17 May 2022
    Application approved 8:06am on 14 May 2022
    Documents received 8:02am on 14 April 2022
    Application received 7:06pm on 2 April 2022
    Identity details received 7:05pm on 2 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 6:57pm on 2 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 4:53pm on 2 April 2022
    Application submitted 4:53pm on 2 April 2022

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by asb12.
Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.