New Upgrade service

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Upgrade service

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

Hi All
    Fist time posting
    My wife’s passport has been stuck since the 18th of March
    She has been on the phone daily and this new upgrade service has been music to our ears.
    We are due to fly on the 26th of April but actualy travel down to Heathrow the night before. So in my opinion the 14 day clock should start today.
    We have sent all the documentation through at 07:00 this morning and now we are waiting.
    Has anybody been contact after there email?
    Can anyone give any kind of light at the end of the tunnel
    Your help is much appreciated.

thegoogly
    Participant

I have also sent a request to upgrade my application to premium today. Waiting for response…

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

So as i said we put in for the upgrade yesterday 07:00
    Waited for 7 hours 14:00 then called customer service number
    Only to be told that you cannot do anything you have to wait until they call you.
    Could not even commit to saying that they have recived our evidence.
    They said it would be up to 48 hours for the team to get back to us and that if it went any longer than that then we could call and they would put a hurry up on the team.
    So as it stands
    Flying on the 26th of April
    Leaving home 25th April
    14 days till we fly today with 2 Bank Holidays in between
    Fingers, Toes and everything else crossed
    Will keep you updated

Tillybobs
    Participant

We fly the 24th April and still not heard back from them. We have 3 passports to get. Fingers crossed for everyone that we get something soon

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

@ Tillybobs when did you apply for the upgrade?

Alic
    Participant

i’ve had an email from passport complaints department apparently the upgrade services cannot be used for Adult 1st passport over 16 it can be used for under 16

Alic
    Participant

Please be aware that upgrades are only available at the discretion of Her Majesty’s Passport Office after the submitted application has been fully examined and cannot be applied to applicants over the age of 16 applying for their first UK Passport.

In order to obtain an upgrade, the application must be processed under the Premium Service and an additional fee is payable. Payment can be made via credit/debit card over the telephone, or in person at a Passport Office. Even if payment is taken over the phone, a visit to the office may be necessary to collect the passport. To insure that the passport is ready for collection the same day, payment must be made by 1:00pm.

Tillybobs
    Participant

I sent the email on Saturday and still not heard from them. I have just had approved for 2 out of 3 passports today but still got to wait for them to make it to me with the bank holiday.
    Hope you get something from them soon

coralp
    Participant

Hi, I sent the email today around lunch time as well to Peterborough upgrade team. At the moment I’m really concerned that if any of this upgrade office is in work as I haven’t seen anyone saying they had a reply and proceed with the new upgrade service. I will post updates if I hear from them. Fingers and toes crossed!!!

PS: we submitted the application on 7 Mar and documents finally received on 28 Mar. No update ever since and I called today and was told the application has not been checked yet. Not even in process after all this time!!!!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by coralp.
    foxtrotlady
    Participant

Have you had any joy with upgrade service and how did you know where to email them? Thanks.

ritabix
    Participant

@fingerscrossed you’ll get a call within 48 hrs of sending in email. Sit tight. They’re getting back to people in date order. I’m expecting a call within the next 24 hours now 🤞🏼

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

@ ritabix Thanks
    Our 48 hours are up today.
    We will be calling the customer help line at 08:00
    I will keep everyone posted

passportproblems
    Participant

I am using the upgrade service for my daughters renewal to an adult passport. I have been told that is ok? I allied you the london office on Monday. Not heard back yet.

passportproblems
    Participant

Ahhhh! I was given the wrong information and told to apply to my local office for upgrade not to the office holding the original application!! Now I have wasted 48hours and had to reapply to Durham!

In fact I had originally sent the application to Glasgow and it was moved internally! Nice of them to tell me that too!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

coralp
    Participant

Did you get a reply from them after sending the email?
    So which office should we email to? The one holding the application or the local office?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.