New Upgrade service

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion New Upgrade service

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    worriedgroom22
    Participant

Hi all,

Wanted to update you on our application – feel free to click on my responses to see our specific situation.

Timeline:

Passport Recieved: 13 April 2022
    Passport printed: 12 April 2022
    Application approved: 12 April 2022
    Application being processed: 11 March 2022
    Documents internally sent to Durham: 05 March 2022
    Documents received (to peterbourgh): 28 February 2022
    Old Passport recorded as being delivered: 18 February 2022
    Application received: 17 February 2022
    Application submitted: 17 February 2022

Incredibly stressfull process. Multiple calls to HMPO to be told different things. We even contacted our MP.

Finally got told after calling on 6th April to write a letter explaning damage to the passport, as all replacement applications require a description of how the damaged occured regardless of doing it on the online application. When I asked why I was not previously told he said no-one had actually looked at the passport application by that point. We got told about the new upgrade process on that day to get passport fast tracked as we were traveling within two weeks.

We got a call from an examiner on the 11th, he gave us a choice as he was about to approve the application normally. He could approve it to go to central print (with all the delays about two weeks) or pay for the ‘upgrade’ and the would print locally like all fast tracked appointments. We paid the extra amount (around £70).

My advice would be to keep trying to call HMPO we ended up getting in touch with a VERY helpful chap from the customer service management team who told us about the letter and what exactly to write. I think our application was always going to get ‘looked at’ on the 11th, so was really lucky we had sent the additional letter stating the damage and we intend to upgrade the application.

fingerscrossed2022
    Participant

OK Latest update from our process
    Our 48 hours were up today – still no response
    Phoned this morning and spoke to someone in customer service.
    They asked us to resend the email to Newport…. our orginal email went to Glasgow.
    He would email Newport and tell them that our email is coming
    Also to stand by the phone and wait for them to call.
    Its now 5pm and guess what NO PHONE CALL
    Our stress levels are through the roof
    We travel on the 26th of April
    If there is anyone out there that has a good news story on this new upgrade system please let us know. I need to see some light at the end of the tunnel

thegoogly
    Participant

My 48 hours will be up today at 6pm. Everyday I’m waking up stressed and the whole day is spent checking my phone. Due to travel on the 23rd. Been in processing since 18/03.

Rhianjl
    Participant

We are due to travel on the 25th.. application been in since 14th of March.. phoned every day since Friday.. told to send the email to Newport office so did I that Sunday.. now it’s been 72 hours and still not had a phone call.. I could scream.. seriously need to consider moving my holiday

shademister
    Participant

Been told to send my upgrade email to Peterborough but just called and found out my application is in Durham. Waiting for a call back now from progressing team as I need to know where I should send this email as they told me Peterborough but reading on here sounds like it should be Durham where my application is.

fielding28
    Participant

I got through to someone in processing today who confirmed my email should be sent to the Liverpool office where my application is – not Glasgow, my local office and where I was initially told to email. Apparently this is because my application has moved from being in the ‘digital’ system to manual (which I assume means it needs to be checked by an actual human being, hence the delay in it progressing). Definitely worth double checking where it should be sent because it seems a lot of people are losing valuable time being told to email the wrong office!

I was told they are phoning people back in order of who is travelling soonest, so I assume they are currently dealing with people who are set to travel in the next few days. I was also told no need to attend any office as they should be able to do everything remotely.

Still saying I’ll receive a call in 48 hours but I’m not holding my breath given other peoples experiences on here. I want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they’re working in order of date of travel and still leaving us all enough time to get the upgrade through but let’s wait and see.

Oh and I was also told not to expect anyone to phone over the Easter weekend as they’ll all be on holiday, which means if we don’t hear anything tomorrow it’ll be Tuesday at the very earliest. Yikes!!!

shademister
    Participant

So should I just change email to Durham instead of Peterborough

Rhianjl
    Participant

Mine is at Liverpool but I was told to email my closest office and they will Liaise with the office who has my passport and documentation.. I think this may be down to collection in person???…

Rhianjl
    Participant

And also I asked about the bank holiday weekend and was told that they are not open to the public but the office is open working through the backlog of applications

coralp
    Participant

Thanks for the update! I hope they are really working on them as they said. I emailed yesterday and have turned my phone sound to the loudest whole day today. I will wait tomorrow if nothing then phone them next Tuesday.

My baby’s application is still Document received 28 Mar and not even in process…

fielding28
    Participant

Maybe to be on the safe side email both the office processing your application and cc in your local office and just make it clear in your email you’re doing so because you’ve been given conflicting information? If you’ve already emailed one then just forward it to the other and say the same thing.

thegoogly
    Participant

Would it be wise to just email all upgrade offices considering our application may be at one of them? I am seriously considering this option

Rhianjl
    Participant

@thegoogly it’s definitely worth a try…. Cc every office and wait for a reply from some1

fielding28
    Participant

I suppose there will be a lot of people looking to get away for Easter so they might be the focus at the moment, as opposed to all our emails just being straight up ignored! Fingers crossed for everyone and hopefully on the basis we all seem to be travelling around the same time (I’m the 26th) we can keep each other updated.

foxtrotlady
    Participant

Fingers crossed have you had any joy today re your upgrade? 🤞

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.