No longer in Processing

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion No longer in Processing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    elcapitano16
    Participant

I wonder if anyone could shed some light on this for me.
    I submitted my passport on the 18th April and received documents on the 21st April.
    Since the 4th May my status has been “in progress”, i have been checking at least 2 times a day for a least a month now & this afternoon the status has gone back to “old passport received” 21st April.
    Has anyone else experienced this or know why this may have happened?
    I did send an enquiry to HMPO this morning so I don’t know if this has something to do with it.
    Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

brussels83
    Participant

Same here, has been in processing for a month, then status has changed back to documents received today, I’m also hoping it means something is happening and it could be moving, however, I feel its more likely they are trying to make timings look better, we sent our old passport which was signed for on 19th April but took them over a month to move it to documents received, the tracking now states 10 weeks they decided to confirm receipt, before I’ll be eligible to upgrade which is passed my holiday date

itsashambles
    Participant

Seems a lot of people having the same thing this afternoon – we’re at 10 weeks exactly today

elcapitano16
    Participant

Thank you both. itsashambles what are your options now you’ve reached ten weeks. I’m due to travel on the 11th week so I doubt if a week will be enough to then get it escalated and sent.

itsashambles
    Participant

I think I’ve emailed the office directly at least 7 times in last 24 hrs – also emailed fast track team, who actually did respond asking for proof of travel, it’s not for 5 weeks but sent anyway in the hope someone might just think ‘oh, this has been sat here a while, best have a look’🙄 we chat has been no help, they just said apply for fast track 2 weeks before 🤦🏽‍♀️ Would prefer to not let it get to that though!

azzamartin
    Participant

It seems it’s happening to applications since may as mine was being processed since 6th may documents received 2nd I’ve seen a few people say that it’s that week.

itsashambles
    Participant

Just out of interest, which office are everyone’s applications at??

azzamartin
    Participant

Bootle for me

brussels83
    Participant

Durham

elcapitano16
    Participant

Bootle

elcapitano16
    Participant

Have you had a response to your emials? was it email or web enquiry?

itsashambles
    Participant

Mines at Durham too – just the one response from fast track team at Durham to ask for proof of travel which I’ve sent 3 times today and not heard anything more

amylousie22
    Participant

Mines also at durham, was originally bootle. I have emailed the upgrade team on Saturday which was exactly 14days b4 travel, the emails i sent previously before the 14days were not acknowledged and i only got an auto reply when it was exactly 14days b4 so i wouldnt bother emailing them if ur not within that time frame.
    10days till travel and still awaiting a call!

itsashambles
    Participant

Good luck, hope you get it sorted in time, it’s horrific leaving people wondering whether they can go on holiday or not 10 days before 😱 bloody ridiculous the amount of time ‘processing’ takes

Good Life
    Participant

Hi. The same happened to me…I received the “Old Passport Received” email again on 9th June after having waited several weeks on the Documents Received stage.
    When I checked on the HMPO tracking a short time after, I was informed that my application was now being processed (via the manual processing route).
    However the next day I received an update on the tracking (no new email though) informing me of: “Application approved”…and yesterday, an email saying that my Passport has been printed.
    My timeline is as follows :
    “Application submitted” as an adult passport renewal online 12:19 28th April 2022
    “Application received” 12:19 28th April 2022
    (Old passport posted on 29th April and postal tracked as received by HMPO Durham on 4th May 2022)
    “Documents received” 15:48 24th May 2022
    “Application being processed” 15:05 9th June 2022.
    “Application approved” 12:33 10th June
    “Passport printed” 17:58 13th June
    I am truly hoping that for all those receiving the same or similar messages recently that something is about to happen (…and hopefully very soon), especially for all those who have been stuck in the Processing or Documents Received stage for some time.
    Initially I was expecting the worse when I saw that my application was going into manual processing after waiting several weeks in the Documents Received stage (but as a previous post mentioned the longer it stays on the route before changing to Processing then the more progressed your application has moved).
    Best of luck to everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.