No longer in Processing

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion No longer in Processing

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    losthope9
    Participant

Any updates from anyone?

user123
    Participant

If it’s a “bug”, it’s taking a ridiculous amount of time to resolve. Still “documents received” and not “processing”, even though it’d been processing previously (apparently) for 9 weeks…

losthope9
    Participant

I personally, don’t think it’s a bug at all.

I spoke to a lovely lady on the chat feature last weekend who advised that they have changed the way they track applications due to the back log and that it can take 5-10 weeks from the point of documents received date to be processed. Not despatched, approved etc just processed. (Mine was previously in processing) and she also advised it hasn’t even been looked at by an examiner, so if you were previously in processing, I would assume your application currently hasn’t even been looked at. I am past the five week mark now (since documents have been received) and was told that there was nothing I could do to speed up the process as it’s a first passport, I asked if my travel date (just before summer holidays) was likely and she pretty much told me not a chance in hell. When it gets to 10 weeks since documents approved I can get back in touch to speed up the process but until then. f***ed, basically.

Helena
    Participant

So what options do we have? I’m travelling 3 weeks today so from your comment concerned I’m wasting time just waiting for the inevitable as hasn’t progressed since the ‘glitch’

losthope9
    Participant

I have come to the conclusion that I am not going to be able to travel. I am due to travel in 2.5 weeks time.

I plan on calling when it’s been six weeks since documents received, which is July 5th I believe (as someone on here said they were helped after six weeks).

The lady I spoke with took note of my travel date but said she couldn’t do anything more then she had as it’s not been long enough and it’s a first application.

She also said an interview will be required and I know they are not readily available.

I asked her what my chances of being able to travel were and in her words ‘very unlikely’.

Here’s my current stats just incase they are helpful.

Documents received 2:41pm on 24 May 2022

Application received 9:54am on 2 May 2022

Identity details received 9:54am on 2 May 2022

Email sent to person confirming your identity 10:11am on 1 May 2022

Ask someone to confirm your identity 10:08am on 1 May 2022

Application submitted 10:08am on 1 May 2022

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.