Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    Trytobehelpful
    Participant

Adult renewal… Application received 27 may, docs received 29 may, being processed 1 june. Approved 24 june, printed and sent 25 june. Hol 8 aug, cancellation/amendment cut off 10 july. Whew!

Debs55
    Participant

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had problems with their documents arriving at the Peterborough passport office? It’s for a child renewal, I sent my sons old passport off via 1st class signed for with Royal Mail a week ago and it’s still not arrived according to the royal mail site and the passport tracking site. I’m concerned my application isn’t even being processed yet and we are due to travel mid August.

Feeling very let down by Royal mail but thought maybe they aren’t updating their systems very quickly at the moment.

misbah
    Participant

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by misbah.
    ayjayg
    Participant

Hi there,

I am on e same boat. Sent across documents via Royal Mail on 18 June, until now no updates. Apparently Royal Mail says its already delivered but not sogned by Passport Office since they send them out in batches.

Really regret using Royal Mail and should have probably used a different courier service.

Debs55
    Participant

Oh I see, how did you find out from royal mail it had been delivered without being signed? I keep doing track & trace and it just says it will next be updated once it’s delivered.

Debs55
    Participant

So I’ve just called the passport office and they said it is taking up to 14 working days for the old passport just to be scanned as received onto the system! They arrive in batches so they don’t individually sign each one and therefore will not show up on the royal mail track & trace. So it all I can do is hope that it’s there and being processed.

ayjayg
    Participant

That’s exactly what I was told as well. Royal Mail also confirmed that they are sending them in batches and its taking time for the Passport Office to sign the packages as received. Royal Mail said it should update the tracking status once Passport Office confirms receipt of documents.

Goodluck for your application and hope you get yours soon.

Debs55
    Participant

Thank you, I’ve got 5 weeks before I have to change dates of our holiday without incurring costs. It’s sweaty palm time!

Tracey1978
    Participant

I sent my son’s old passport back on Monday and it was signed for at the passport office on Tuesday, however the passport office haven’t updated yet to say they received it.

I sent my daughter’s old passport on Tuesday, it was signed for on Wednesday and I received notification that the passport office have received it today. They obviously don’t process them in order?

Debs55
    Participant

Tracey was that 1dt class signed for or guaranteed next day with Royal Mail? I’m starting to think mine may have got lost in the post. Not sure what to do if that happens.

Tracey1978
    Participant

I sent my son’s first class signed for and they received it the next day. I sent my daughter’s special delivery and that arrived the following day as well.

ayjayg
    Participant

I called the passport office and got through the Royal Mail escalations team, and just about 2 hours ago, Passport Office confirmed they have my documents (via SMS).

Now the hard part begins, getting them to review and approve my son’s passport. Hope you were also able to get some sort of confirmation today.

Debs55
    Participant

That’s good, do you mean escalations team at the passport office or at Royal mail? I couldn’t get through to the passport office today and whenever I call royal mail it just cuts off half way through their automated message. It’s driving me crazy now, just want to know it’s not lost otherwise I’ll have to amend the application to a lost passport one.

ayjayg
    Participant

Spoke to the escalation team in Royal Mail and separately the Passport Office as well.

Guy in Royal Mail told me 99.99% of the time, it’s just a matter of slow updates and rarely the documents are missing.

When I checked the tracker for the Royal Mail, it is still not updated, but Passport Office have now confirmed they have received it.

I suggest calling them in the early mornings (Passport office and Royal mail), they are easier to get a hold of compared to later on in the day.

Debs55
    Participant

Great thank you, I’ll try again today. Whenever I’ve tried Royal mail the line just cuts off.

What did you say to the passport office? Perhaps your call triggered something off for you to receive the text that it’s been received. When I called them they said I’ve got to leave it 14 working days.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.