Peterborough

Home Forums Different Passport Offices Peterborough

Viewing 12 posts - 571 through 582 (of 582 total)
  • Author
    JCM0907
    Participant

No worries @dibdob59

I had tried and tried to phone, not once could I ever speak to a human. Just an automated machine which terminated the call after it told me it had my documents! The webchat was even worse.

So I chanced my arm and attended on the day without an appointment and was luckily seen and helped. If you can get an appointment I would recommend that but if all else fails go there on the day if you meet the above criteria.

JenLJ
    Participant

I’ve just been told by the Advice Line that my passport went to print yesterday (at Peterborough) but I had to wait for it to be delivered via TNT, rather than ask to pick up in person. I fly Monday. Is it worth me turning up tomorrow now it’s in ‘production’?

JCM0907
    Participant

From my experience yesterday, anyone’s passport that has been printed and with TNT needs to wait for delivery – Peterborough might be a wasted trip; But do what you feel is necessary. I hope it comes in time!

JenLJ
    Participant

Thanks JCM0907. I’m starting to think it might be a wasted trip too. And I don’t want to be in Peterborough if TNT is at my door trying to deliver to me! I’ve seen on this forum that some people have had next day delivery after hearing it’s being printed…but others saying it has taken 4+ days. Not sure what to do.

wanting3
    Participant

From my experience a month ago my passports took 5 days from print until delivery. They were printed on a Wednesday and Thursday and arrived the following week. I’d say track them on the tnt website (there is a special tracking page for passports) and once they have actually
    Been picked up by tnt it will show you when it’s expected to be delivered. However one of mine arrived by dpd so obviously the tracking didn’t work! Hopefully yours will arrive Monday

Pra
    Participant

This forum has been extremely useful in terms of the wealth of information. So, I thought of sharing my experience with you:

Application timeline for a child’s passport renewal:
    Application submitted online -13.04.22
    Old passport received – 22.04.22
    Additional information requested – 19.04.22
    Additional documents sent – 06.05.22
    Additional documents scanned and attached to application – 10.06.22
    Passport approved and printed – 08.07.22

This was not a simple process at all. I’ve had to call/used web chat numerous times. Kept getting inconsistent messages every time I spoke to someone. However, one thing was very clear in that they were not prepared to look at the application until it had reached 10 weeks and within 2 weeks of flying – this was the most frustrating bit of the application.

When the application reached 10 weeks, the link to expedite was made available in the online passport portal. I emailed the details required to the ‘Expedite’ team. Received an automated response confirming receipt of the email. After 3 days, I received another email saying that the application was sent to the Upgrade team. However, when I called the advice line a day after, I was told that the application is sitting on the system as a ‘normal’ application. By this point, I was 4 days away from flying.

So, I went to Peterborough office (where the application was being processed) the next day. I got there at 7am, queued , was asked to fill a form and was told to either go home or stay in town and that I will get a call from a case worker on the day. I was determined to get the passport on the day, so I stayed in town.

By 2.30pm, I received a call from a case worker confirming approval of the passport. By 5pm, I collected my son’s passport.

Hope this helps others who are in similar situations.

JenLJ
    Participant

Finally got my adult renewal passport, 78 days later & with 9 hours to spare to get my travel visa!

Submitted: 25/04/22 (via hard copy Post Office check & send)
    Received: 13/05/22 (text from HMPO)
    No other texts received about docs reviewed, approval
    Printed: 7/7/22 (notified by email)
    Sent (via TNT): scheduled delivery 9th, rescheduled 11th, rescheduled 12th, rescheduled 16th! (TNT did, not me)

I finally picked it up from the TNT depot in person at 3pm today. What TNT don’t tell you is that you can pick up your passport in person from the depot (if you can get to it, and you need to bring photo ID and proof of address) BUT you need to get through to the customer services team on 0345 6080630 the day before to ask to do this (just keep saying customer services person to the annoying bot) because apparently they need 24 hours notice. When I asked, the TNT depot manager said they have alot of new delivery drivers, who aren’t trying that hard to find addresses – so the delivery dates just get rescheduled again and again, if your home is not easy to find or access (like mine).

I also wrote to my MP, emailed contact/complaint forms to HMPO, and regularly called their Advice Line to ask for an upgrade. My MP said he did contact HMPO on my behalf. I never heard back from the Peterborough Upgrade Team (no acknowledgement of email or call).

The only apology I received in the whole of this horrible experience was from the very last TNT customer services agent today, who confirmed the in person pick up.

Best wishes to those waiting for passports – my thoughts are with you.

biswajitmitra
    Participant

How do I know which is my passport processing office please? Is this necessarily be the one nearest to my postcode? I am waiting for 15 weeks and have requested on 15-June to process on compassionate grounds and send the evidence to Durham. That didn’t progress my application. Today again I submitted on compassionate ground but this time the HMPO staff suggested to send evidence to Peterborough. I am very confused and stressed and want to know which is my correct passport processing office. Kindly help if anybody knows how to find. Many thanks.

lancaster29
    Participant

Hi everyone, I have found this forum very helpful and have a couple of questions if anyone could help –
    – do I need to print out the proof of travel or will the accept the evidence on my phone?
    – the advisor on web chat I have spoken to today has said I can not go to a passport office to collect my passport as the upgrade is in process however I have heard nothing from the upgrade team – should I still go to the office anyway?
    – my passport is being processed in Glasgow but my nearest office is Peterborough, can I still go to this office?

Sorry for the long message and thank you in advance – this is so stressful and I don’t know where to go for help!

mazzymum
    Participant

Hi, I’m hoping someone can help. We fly next Wednesday 17th August and we’re still waiting for one passport.

Documents have been received at Peterborough. If we go to the office next Tuesday (the day before we travel) it will be 5 and half weeks since we applied. Will we get sent away or is there any possibility that they will consider seeing us?

Thanks from hopeful 🤞🏻

Andy Anderson
    Keymaster

Type of Application:
    Adult Passport Renewal

Passport Office:
    Peterborough

Submission Date:
    2022-12-11

Date Received:
    2022-12-16

Overall Experience:
    5 Star – Very Easy

Comments:
    11/12/22 – Application online to change name
    12/12/22 – posted 24hr tracked change of name proof docs at 1pm
    14/12/22 – 9am – Royal Mail tracker shows docs rec’d at HMPO
    14/12/22 6pm text from HMPO confirming docs recd
    14/12/22 6:15pm – text from HMPO confirming approval for passport & passport being printed
    15/12/22 00:53 – email confirming passport is printed & will be sent
    16/12/22 06:15 – text from TNT confirming delivery scheduled for today
    16/12/22 10:25am – passport arrived

Amazingly quickly given the postal strikes & it being the busiest time of year for posties!

Andy Anderson
    Keymaster

Type of Application:
    Adult Passport Renewal

Passport Office:
    Peterborough

Submission Date:
    2022-11-27

Date Received:
    2022-12-19

Overall Experience:
    4 Star – Easy

Comments:
    Posted old passport on 28/11/2022 via Royal Mail Special Delivery 1PM but they lost the package ! Logged the passport as “Lost” on 06/12/2022 and had to ring the Passport helpline to update the application with the lost reference number. This then became as Lost passport application

Application history Status Date
    Passport printed 5:46pm on 15 December 2022
    Application approved 12:12pm on 15 December 2022
    Documents received 11:01am on 12 December 2022
    Application received 5:29pm on 27 November 2022
    Application submitted 5:28pm on 27 November 2022

Viewing 12 posts - 571 through 582 (of 582 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.