Post office check and send

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Post office check and send

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    h6nks
    Participant

I had to use the post office check and send service for my sons first adult passport which run out the beginning of March, due to not able to get an acceptable digital photo. At the time of application 26th March HMPO were quoting on their website 5 week waiting time, we had 11 weeks before we flew. I received a text on 28th March saying they had received my application and it was awaiting to be checked. I then received an email on 2nd April saying they had received my application on 31st March awaiting to be checked so contradictory to the text. I have received nothing since, even though I’ve tried ringing emailing and texting? Anyone else used the post office check and send service which is the more expensive service and if so what are your experiences?

Thanks

Neil..

xgemmax82
    Participant

I also used the post office check and sed service I sent off my partner my son and my own passport application on the 26-03 igot a text to say that they had received the application on the 04-04 I was told that passports were taking around 5 weeks to come back also. I am due to go on holiday on the 03-06 so cutting it fine Im so worried as I can’t get through to anyone I have also emailed and I have never received a reply. there isn’t many answers for paper applications on here about how long they are taking ect I would really love to know if any one hashed there’s back after sending the paper application off and how long it took .

amysue
    Participant

I sent mine 14th March, 2x Childs passports. Text on 21st saying should expect to receive 28th May. I have called and they told me today it’s still in progress- sat there 7 weeks. I am very much panicking. I travel 10th June.

xgemmax82
    Participant

Oh no it’s not looking good for me at all then what number did u use to get through I can’t get through? to anyone thanks and good luck

xgemmax82
    Participant

Oh this isn’t looking good for me then as I fly on the 3rd June good luck with yours fingers crossed what number did u use to get through as I haven’t been able to at all just keeps cutting me off

h6nks
    Participant

We are also flying on the 10th June. Not even been told it’s in progress, last info we had is it’s waiting to be checked..Worrying times, and really disappointing you pay extra for the post office service but seem to be pushed behind the online applications…Fingers crossed we all have some luck here..

amysue
    Participant

I did the old fashioned way and went to post office- I called the number on website and pressed 8 and 3… was on hold for awhile (45mins) but it didn’t cut me off. I hope we all get them soon!!!

xgemmax82
    Participant

I just keep getting cut off I was pushing 3 and 2 what number did u use because I didn’t have the option for 8 ? Ty

amysue
    Participant

0300 222 0000
    United Kingdom

Then press 8 and then 3… x

xgemmax82
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help I have just rang and got through after 3 minutes they said it’s waiting for printing so I just have to be patient x

amysue
    Participant

Amazing… so happy for you! Try and relax relax now and enjoy your holiday x

xgemmax82
    Participant

I will try and relax but lol now I’m hoping it’s printed sent and delivered in time it’s one worry after another x

h6nks
    Participant

Excellent news so pleased for you. Unfortunately I’m not so lucky, rung this morning got through straight away said they couldn’t find my application even though I have had a text and email confirming it’s been received. Had the processing team to ring me they couldn’t find my application put me through to the service management team who cut me straight off. Rung again and again they couldn’t find my application so put me through to process team who redirected back to the first place I came from and a different person who said it’s showing as being processed and has been there since 31st March so said I just have to wait 😩. I have a feeling they’ve lost my application and don’t know where to turn now…

xgemmax82
    Participant

Oh no honestly I feel for you it’s a total cock up this whole situation. I really hope you do get some good news.. x

xgemmax82
    Participant

So after getting my hopes up yesterday when I phoned and they told me my passport is ready for print I decided to phone this morning I got through after 6 mins and was told my passport hasn’t been looked at yet !!! I fly on 3rd June the man said that he will get someone to call me back but I’m not hopeful gutted x

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.