10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 253 total)
  • Author
    Estival
    Participant

@boblee4

I had exactly the same phone call from Durham office saying that they would be approved “today” which was Saturday and arriving by special delivery Tuesday (tomorrow). However I’ve had no text message updates to say it’s been approved never mind printed so I’m very sceptical it will arrive tomorrow but we’ll see….

From what I’m told no-one has received their passport without the updates first so I’m not getting my hopes up.

Let me know if you have any text message updates and if you get yours on Wednesday- good luck 👍

boblee4
    Participant

@Estival I can’t tell my wife that, she’ll definitely have a coronary! She’s been extremely stressed by all this. Really hoping this works out for us all!

Estival
    Participant

@boblee4

I understand where she’s coming from!! Hopefully I’m wrong and they follow through with what they said and they turn up tomorrow and hopefully yours on Wednesday. Has anyone else had theirs sent by Royal Mail special delivery- do you usually get a tracking number or does it just turn up?

Fingers crossed for you, let me know on Wednesday if you receive or not. 🤞

Upsidedown
    Participant

@Estival does it show as printed on the tracking?

Our passports arrived today, yippee! 151 days!!!!

Good luck everybody.

Brian27
    Participant

Great news! When do you travel? Have a lovely time! 😊😊

Upsidedown
    Participant

Thanks @Brian27 – in 2 weeks! Very relieved. So grateful for all the advice from all the people on this forum over the last few months – we would still be waiting I think without it!

Estival
    Participant

@upsidedown

It was a paper application so don’t have access to the online tracking unfortunately. Think I have to fill in a webform and wait for an email response for tracking. If I don’t receive today then I’ll try the webform to see if I’m any further forward

boblee4
    Participant

Same boat @Estival, ours is paper too which is a regret. No contact regarding fast track this morning – apart from an older callback that was outstanding. They put me on hold as I asked to track over the phone hoping to learn of progress. Got through to upgrades for tracking, going through the motions with details – call cuts off. Classic! So frustrating they don’t call back when you get cut off, it’s happened a few times to me now.

Going to do a webform now, won’t do any harm.

Estival
    Participant

@boblee4

Let me know what your tracking says if you get a response. Just been made aware of royal mail strikes this week too apparently? 😣

Estival
    Participant

@boblee4

I’ve since been told the Royal mail strikes are now off – phew!!! What day is yours supposed to be arriving?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Estival. Reason: Typo
    sussexplum
    Participant

Once you had the text/email to say passport(s) had been printed, how long was it before the delivery company got in contact to provide a delivery date? And how many days after that did it/they arrive?
    I had the text yesterday to say it has been printed. We travel on Sunday so I’m hoping the delivery supplier gets in contact soon!

Grumpy
    Participant

I could do with some advice please. submitted daughters renewal online 25th MAy. docs sent and identity verified. No updates since 12th June. We foolishly took the advice of the passport office and didn’t book a holiday. We are prepared to book last minute, but due to school holidays need to go in August. Can we still ask for an expedited appliction after the 10 week deadline? I noticed Helly87 wasn’t asked for proof of travel? What should we say? Any suggestions gratefully received. What a ridiculous situation it all is. Will be gutted if we can’t go anywhere. Like everyone else, it’s been a long time….. thank you

Upsidedown
    Participant

@sussexplum I did not get any contact from the courier. I just looked up on the DHL site (they use DHL for overseas deliveries and TNT for UK deliveries) using then PEX number without the PEX and the spaces and it came up. You should get another text from HMPO to say it has been despatched I think.

Upsidedown
    Participant

@Grumpy we were not asked for proof of travel either. They count 10 weeks from when they officially received your supporting documents.

boblee4
    Participant

I’ll contribute by saying every HMPO escalation related call I’ve had has mentioned proof – despite being past 12 weeks. I don’t think everyone is having the same experience with this.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.