10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 253 total)
  • Author
    Brian27
    Participant

Hi.

Mine initially went to Newport but it is now in Durham.

My application started 04 May. When I spoke to them last week on probably about my 15th phone call, the reason they gave for the delay is that around May the digital system was overloaded so mines been transferred to a manual application. Probably what has happened to all of the 10 week waiters.

I haven’t emailed that address so I’ll give that a shot. Thanks.

Estival
    Participant

@Brian27

Funnily enough my application was the day after you on the 5th May. I’m still doubtful I’ll even get them next week because still had no text messages to say approved. So frustrating that people who only applied last week are getting theirs. Good luck!

Brian27
    Participant

That’s interesting. I bet its for the same reason. Its still not acceptable though.

I’ve also tried contacting a few news establishments too to try and publicise the shambolic operation.

Good luck with yours too. Keep us posted.

Estival
    Participant

@Brian27

Let’s hope at least one of them gets published- it really does need highlighting.

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

“Does anyone know how I can get in contact with my MP? Im based in Manchester”

@Rabia,

You have asked this question before and it was answered, you need to go on the Westminster website and put thier name in and the contact detail will pop up – as it is a matter of public record. No one here can tell you the contact details of your MP as we don’t know where you live and there are nearly 30 MPs that cover Greater Manchester.

Also MPs are generally not getting involved until an applicatons have hit the 10 week mark has elasped. Even then its clear thier involvment is predicated on how safe they feel thier majority is.

I agree the whole situation is absolutely unsatisfactory, but you are only two weeks in and there are folk well past the 10 weeks and from this site the average time for childs 1st passport is 45 days. You just need to hang in there and wait to you hit one of the trigger points then action it accordingly which includes monitoring this site.

Aansell3
    Participant

15 weeks this week. First time passport. Second application after review from complaints procedure. The passport office have had all my paperwork since last August 2021. Now saying I have to write to Liverpool office to get them to send to Durham. This is disgraceful. My local MP is involved. I can’t even apply for a urgent appointment as a first time passport, have to have ANOTHER interview and I’ve sent my third set of photos. Useless, they’re all useless.

JamesK123
    Participant

HI 🙂 We are also in the same boat waiting for a passport from the Durham office after 10 weeks. Do you have the upgrade email for the durham passport office please?

Aansell3
    Participant

Sorry I have had to send a letter to Liverpool office direct, to instruct them to send my Birth certificates and other documents to Durham office. I am in contact with my MP who is chasing for me. I have already missed one holiday, my next one is September. Which I booked last November thinking it would’nt be this stressful. The Passport office are a shambles of incompetence. I advise to contact your local MP and start harassing! I’ve spent days on the phone since April.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Ours were at Durham for 20 weeks and we emailed expeditedservice@hmpo.gov.uk and they were approved and printed the next business day.

Estival
    Participant

@upsidedown

Did you get the text message updates to say approved and printed etc.? I got a phone call from Durham saying they were going to approve it “today” which was 2 days ago and still no text so I’m guessing they haven’t done it….not surprised really after reading everyones experience on here.

Upsidedown
    Participant

Yes and emails. The emails were first.

Brian27
    Participant

My friend who I spoke about the other day, submitted his application last Monday. Sent passport off special delivery last Tuesday. Passport office received Wednesday and booked in. Approved Friday and printed. Received his passport today. 6 bloody days. Absolute shambles.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Brian27.
    Aansell3
    Participant

Not as yet. Still have to have a second interview!! As had one interview November 2021. This is my second application due them messing up my first. Need Liverpool and Durham offices to get a shifty on so I can book a interview. Utterly shambolic

Estival
    Participant

@upsidedown

Yes thought as much, so doubt I’ll receive anything without the updates. Will have to try the expedited email

boblee4
    Participant

Call from a private number this evening around 7:20pm, it was finally Belfast upgrades, pushing it through tonight for printing in the morning. Given the option to collect from a passport office or receive via RM 48hr guaranteed or could pay extra for Weds by 1pm guaranteed. 48hr chosen as in plenty time for travel on 26th.

Good luck all!

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.