10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 253 total)
  • Author
    rabia1992
    Participant

Is 45 days including weekends? Or just the week?

rabia1992
    Participant

This is stressful! I’m only two weeks in and I can’t be bothered with the stress of waiting and I defo don’t wanna wait 48 hours before travelling

Upsidedown
    Participant

@rabia1992 you will probably not have to wait that long as things have been moving more quickly for applications submitted recently. I believe there is/was a huge backlog of applications from February/March/April which is still being worked through. The length of time here is an average number of calendar days since submitting the application. Some people are longer and some are shorter. What does your tracking say? Good luck and hopefully you will get your passport soon.

rabia1992
    Participant

I hope I get it soon! Like within next couple weeks otherwise il have to cancel my holiday which I don’t want to do. Calendar days so Monday to satuday? My tracking on the passport tracking website says – Application received 4:34pm on 30 June 2022. So nothing yet I keep getting texts saying we have received your docs. That’s because the agent on the fone gave me the wrong address to send it to when they should have went to glasgow instead of Durham. So hopefully, they scan it internally electronically. And they can see it.

Upsidedown
    Participant

OK so have they got your documents? Does it show on the tracking that they have received them? Because some people on here have been told that they don’t count till they receive your documents – that’s because they can’t start working on your application till the supporting documents arrive. Calendar days means the total amount of days between dates. For example in my case we submitted the application on 18 February and that is 148 days ago. We are expecting passports to arrive on Monday or Tuesday according to postal tracking, so will probably end up with a figure of 150 of 151 days. Hopefully you will be much luckier! don’t think your MP can do much as you have only submitted very recently.

rabia1992
    Participant

No they haven’t had my docs yet! So stressful! BecUse they told me to send to the wrong office!! Wow it took that long! Hopefully it comes asap

rabia1992
    Participant

No they haven’t received the docs yet. So will ring next week for an update. Hopefully they have it by then.

Godisgood12
    Participant

My passport application journey has been a longgggg one.

Applied 21st of April after naturalization

Application received 4th of May and that was the last update I received.

I called more than 100 times, escalated to the upgrade team, escalated to the expedited service, Also got my MP involved and all my efforts just proved frutile.

During this time I cancelled my holiday twice and had to rebook.

Did some research and found out I could get my passport if my application has been over 6 weeks and in my case 12 weeks and if I will be flying in the next 48 hours.

So I travelled down to the passport office in Liverpool, the journey took 2hrs from where I live. Got there at 7am today 16th of July and I got seen at 10.30. My passport application was approved 11am today and I collected my passport at 12 noon.

If you are in the same situation, my advice to you is to travel to your passport office to get your passport. It does not matter where your application is being looked at. 12weeks wait was sorted in 2 hours.

Thanks and goodluck to everyone still waiting. Flying out on monday happy days!!!!

Snoopy55
    Participant

Godisgood12 did you just turn up or book?

Godisgood12
    Participant

I just turned up, you dont need an appointment. Just make sure you have your flight details showing you are flying in 48hours or less.

p4bsparis
    Participant

That’s good to know, if it comes to that, I will definitely go down to the office, thank you x

screamer
    Participant

got a reply back from the expedite team,

I have forwarded your application details to one of our examination teams to progress as soon as possible.

Hopefully have it soon

rabia1992
    Participant

How do I contact them?

Estival
    Participant

@screamer

How long had you been waiting for passport if you don’t mind me asking? Did you have to wait long for a response from expedite team – I’ve not heard anything and I emailed them just over a week ago.

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

” don’t think your MP can do much as you have only submitted very recently.”

Agreed, I very much doubt ones MP will get involved until at least the 10 weeks has elasped.

Calender days are the *total* number of days since one submitted, therefore 45 days will be circa 5/6 weeks. But, that is an average as pointed out up thread, some passports will be issued quicker than that time frame and some longer. But, if one wants to take some comfort it does appear to be an improving situation, albeit slowly. I venture once the start of the school holidays has been reached in a couple of weeks time I would expect to see a noticable improvement in turn around times aross the board.

From the outside looking in, it appears geneaally HMP0 have three strands/teams to applications:

1:- New applications: These are being dealt with quickly to prevent the backlog getting bigger.

2:- A team working through the backlog of applications from the 1st quarter of the year.

3:- A team working on the overseas applications.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.