10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion 10 weeks wait time exceeded. What next?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 253 total)
  • Author
    Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

“How do I contact them? ”

By eMail, but until one has hit at least the 6 week mark (most probably 10) with a confirmed travel booking it is unlikely it will be escalated – unless one has exceptional circumstances. But, good luck anyway.

Upsidedown
    Participant

@Foster Twelvetrees this was posted on here by a member a while ago and then they deleted – I had already copied text and sent to my husband – it seems to explain everything about what is going on:

“I work in the civil service (not passports!) and when we have work items that exceed our target we know we’ve already failed on those. Our focus then is to stop anymore items from exceeding the target so newer items will be worked as priority and older stuff picked up as and when we can. I assume this is what the passport office is also doing. We also have new staff working brand new items so it has time to be worked and checked before reaching the target. Obviously not helpful for those over 10 weeks but maybe the reason why it’s not being worked in order and some people are getting a quick turnaround.”

Upsidedown
    Participant

@rabia1992 perhaps you should have paid the extra for faster processing.

rabia1992
    Participant

I fast tracked mine but when I was applying for my kids they were no fast track appointments I was looking everyday all day for two weeks I thought I can’t keep doing this for another week or so il just apply online for the standard one and take it from there. I applied for my fast track last week my appointment is on the 1st of aug

Foster Twelvetrees
    Participant

““I work in the civil service (not passports!) and when we have work items that exceed our target we know we’ve already failed on those. Our focus then is to stop anymore items from exceeding the target so newer items will be worked as priority and older stuff picked up as and when we can. I assume this is what the passport office is also doing. We also have new staff working brand new items so it has time to be worked and checked before reaching the target. Obviously not helpful for those over 10 weeks but maybe the reason why it’s not being worked in order and some people are getting a quick turnaround.”

I did’nt see that post, but it accords with the observations I posted up thread. It is similiar to what the Royal Mail do when they get a back log, they will let the new mail flow as per thier service level agreement and work on the backlog seperately.

But thanks for posting.

simon888
    Participant

I’m in the same boat – it is for my son’s renewal passport – application submitted 27 April – docs signed for on 29 April but logged on system on 4 May so over 10 weeks – flight this morning and so my son and I couldn’t go – my wife and daughter have gone on holiday – I’m flying from Birmingham to Belfast tomorrow as I’ve heard nothing and despite many many calls they didn’t do anything before my flight – I wish I’d known I could go to any office – so stressful with no-one on the advice line giving any practical advice…fingers crossed I can talk to someone tomorrow and I hope they don’t hold the fact that I’ve missed the flight against me as I don’t want to rebook until I have the passport in my hand! Hopefully fly on Tuesday

Estival
    Participant

I got a call from upgrade team saying that they will process the application and I should receive it next week. Should I be excited or as anyone else had a call like this only to still not receive it?? 🤔

Brian27
    Participant

Etival, when did you get this call after doing what? How many weeks since application and when are you due to fly out of interest? Thanks.

Estival
    Participant

@Brian27 I emailed the upgrade team last week because I’d hit the 10 week mark and got a call several days later to say it should be with me next week but I could be getting fobbed off. I’m sure I’ve heard other people being told a similar thing only for them to go back to square one.

Brian27
    Participant

Fingers crossed for you.

I did the same last week and not heard anything yet.

I also got a response from my mp Friday who apparently spoke to the home office and said its in progress and will speak to them again next week. We’ll see. I have his email address now so will be bombarding him next week.

When are you due to travel?

Not due until 9th August but fed up with the shambles. My friend at work sent his off for a renewel last Tuesday. They received it Wednesday and on Friday he got a message saying his was approved and ready to print. So unfair!!

rabia1992
    Participant

@brian27

Passport applications should have a turn around time of 2-3 weeks this waiting 10 weeks for a passport is a joke. The amount of stress people have to go to to get them, like traveling different parts of the UK to stand out side the office and que up for hours on end. ESP when your traveling in 48hours time.

Does anyone know how I can get in contact with my MP? Im based in Manchester

Brian27
    Participant

Yep it is rediculous and they are messing with people’s lives. I can’t believe they are processing new applications before sorting out the queue.

If you Google your local Borough and mp it will provide you with the contact details. That’s what I did.

Its not actually my mp that replied but a senior parliamentary assistant who works at the same office. I’m just glad someone replied. My next step would have been to ring them up.

Brian27
    Participant

Can you tell me the email addresses you emailed please?

Thanks.

Estival
    Participant

Did anyone receive there’s without getting all the text messages to say it had been approved, printed etc.? I’ve been told I should get it next week but still not got any text messages- is it possible I could receive passport without any notifications or is that mot likely??

Estival
    Participant

@Brian27

I emailed EscalatedService@hmpo.gov.uk and I also had an email address for upgrade team at Durham. What office has yours gone to?

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.