Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    lewis90
    Participant

9984sarah I’ve had excatly the same response on Twitter . So frustrating as we go away on the 11th . Awaiting my sons first passport and my partners renewal . I hope you get it soon .

Yasmine
    Participant

@lewis90 When did you first apply for your sons first passport?

lewis90
    Participant

@yasmine the 27th of mayv

9984Sarah
    Participant

That’s exactly the same date as my application and mine went to Durham. Be good to hear if it gets approved soon please.

lewis90
    Participant

Same office aswell for us both we keep each other updated 😉

Yasmine
    Participant

@lewis90 @9984Sarah That’s where my daughters first passport was sent but I did it a few weeks after yours. Sorry for all of the questions, how long did it take for them to process your documents that you sent? I am constantly refreshing the Application History and checking… its driving me mad!

9984Sarah
    Participant

I am the same. Ours took around 7 days for them to receive docs and start the processing. It’s now been 3 weeks in processing.

lewis90
    Participant

They started processing the passports on the 2and and it hasn’t moved at all and I’m constantly chasing them . I be honest I’ve given up hope that we get them back in time for our holiday

Swoph
    Participant

@Yasmine If you sign up for the notifications they will text and/or email you as soon as it progresses in any way. It’s really good and they do inform you straight away, then you won’t have to keep checking and being disappointed.

smilelyns
    Participant

Hello all,

Any experience with child renewal would be appreciated? I did online application and digital photo using a code from passport photo app from play store.

Current timeline….

Documents received 7:45am on 22 June 2020
    (Documents sent on 13th June and signed into the Peterborough office on 15th June at 6.59am, took 1 week exactly to log them on to the system)
    Application received 4:38pm on 12 June 2020
    Identity details received 4:37pm on 12 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:00pm on 12 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 12:45pm on 12 June 2020
    Application submitted 12:45pm on 12 June 2020

That is as far as it has gone. I have seen other timelines where the application process speeds up once documents have been received. Anyone else applied around this time for child renewal and any further forward?

Thanks

Debsyh
    Participant

I really don’t think there is any system in place. I applied for 3 child renewals within half an hour of each other. I sent all 3 old passports on the same day. 2 were returned within 2 weeks, the other is still waiting to be processed and was sent on the 24th May. They don’t even seem to be processing them by type of application (some new ones on here are done quickly and some not) or by date received. Mine all arrived on the same day.

OwBrH
    Participant

Hi. I applied for a first child passport on 20/06. Have sent off the docs to Durham and they arrived there on 23/06 (I know because of signed delivery). That is as far as I have got. Anyone have any inkling of how long I’ll be waiting till receive the passport? I’ll keep you all updated on the progress!

Yasmine
    Participant

@OwBrH I will keep you updated as well as I am a little before you.

(Documents were signed for on the 19th June 2020)
    Application received
    11:13am on 18 June 2020
    Identity details received
    11:13am on 18 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity
    10:54am on 18 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity
    10:47am on 18 June 2020
    Application submitted
    10:47am on 18 June 2020

RobynH
    Participant

It took 6 days for my other half’s passport to be logged after it was delivered (I also sent registered so I knew it had got there). It was approved the following day (last Friday) and printed on Monday. It’s supposed to be arriving today.It went incredibly quickly for us (even if it hadn’t been during lockdown I would have been impressed) but I think we were lucky. Friends who applied for a child one a week earlier are still in limbo 🙁

samsam
    Participant

Adult renewal
    Application submitted on 18 April
    Application being processed 27 April

Nothing since then except for 3 messages that they are sorry for the wait.

Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]