Applications whilst locked down

Home Forums COVID-19 Applications whilst locked down

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 690 total)
  • Author
    MiSa
    Participant

Hi,

If you don’t mind me asking, why do they ask when you booked? How does it matter? And what counts as proof of travel? A booking reference?

We booked our flights in January, flying in 12 days now (30th). Website kept saying that we shouldn’t apply unless we had travel booked in the next 3 weeks and now it seems applying 5 weeks before the flight was too late.

Applied for my daughters first passport on the 20th of June and its all moving too slow, we will probably have to cancel the flights.

Application being processed 10 July 2020
    Documents received 4 July 2020
    Application received 22 June 2020
    Identity details received 22 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 22 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm identity 20 June 2020
    Application submitted 20 June 2020

haych270688
    Participant

Hi all, after reading your threads I feel a bit better that my passport may be here in time for my flight on septemeber (19th) I did my online application monday just gone 14th July, it sayin processing now, just wondering as I had a passport but it had expired and it was lost will this affect it? I spoke to HMPO they have cancelled my old one and for renewal I had to get a counter signature which I think is ok as it’s now sayin my passport is being processed.. I think all should be ok what do you guys think?

Application being processed1:55pm on 16 July 2020I
    dentity details received10:00pm on 14 July 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity5:22pm on 14 July 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity5:22pm on 14 July 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity5:19pm on 14 July 2020
    Application submitted5:19pm on 14 July 2020

sprajax1
    Participant

I think you will be fine. If no progress after 4 weeks you can escalate so you will still have plenty of time till your travel date.

robingermany
    Participant

Hi all,

I don’t have my passport yet, but am finally out of processing, so I thought I’d give an update as well.
    This is for an adult online renewal of a still valid passport. I am resident in Germany.

Initial call regarding applying during lockdown:14 April 2020 (told to wait a little before sending off application)
    Application sent online: 25 May 2020
    Documents received: 02 June 2020
    In processing; 03 June 2020
    Application approved: 19 July 2020

So, that’s 7 weeks in processing. I’m hoping to get my passport in the next two weeks. Does anyone have an idea how realistic this hope is? I’ll update again when I’ve received my new passport.

Robingermany

jamesd1974
    Participant

If it’s been approved you will get it in the next 3-4 days

haych270688
    Participant

Thank you so much for the reply,its a stressful time for all! I hope it comes back someone I know did theirs 2 weeks before me and had theirs back so hopefully!

AMS2020
    Participant

Travelling in Mid August.

2 renewals for kids although one is 16 so one is an adult renewal.

Application submitted and received July 9th

Passports returned the 10th and the tracker is saying send your old passports they were sent separately and neither are recorded as received.

At what point should I worry that the systems haven’t been updated or if they have not arrived it’s been 9 days since they were posted and I’m concerned…appreciate it’s busy and with Covid etc but I’m concerned if i leave it much longer we will have serious problems closer to the time.

So bloody stressful!

MiSa
    Participant

For whatever its worth, we sent the documents for our application first class and they showed as received in the system 2 weeks later.

I believe they say if you get to within 2 weeks of travelling, they can escalate

sprajax1
    Participant

Hi

Also travelling mid August.

Child renewal submitted 28th June
    Acknowledged receipt on the 10th July (however I tracked that it was signed for on the 1st July)
    Went to processing on the 14th July

Adult Renewal submitted 28th June
    Acknowledged receipt on the 8th July (however I tracked that it was signed for on the 2nd July)
    Went to processing on the 8th July

No other updates for both, so today 20th July, both passports are still at processing. If they dont move by next Monday I will call them to escalate as it would have been 4 weeks from the point of submitting my application.
    Ive been told that you have to wait 4 weeks or 16 days before you travel (which ever is sooner)to escalate your application.

I was quite stressed out at first but everyone on the forum has been really helpful and set my mind at ease that I will hopefully get my passports on time so not stressing as much. Some people have applied after me and received theres and some before me are still waiting. Again, luck of the draw. Having patience is hard but certainly trying.

Hope this helps.

brettj123
    Participant

Hi all, it seems as if Durham is speeding up with processes! Application approved a week after being processed, just waiting for the sent notification now

Application approved 11:49am on 20 July 2020

Application being processed 11:40am on 13 July 2020

Documents received 10:34am on 9 July 2020

Application received 8:13pm on 25 June 2020

Identity details received 8:13pm on 25 June 2020

Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:50pm on 25 June 2020

Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:23am on 25 June 2020

Application submitted 11:23am on 25 June 2020

Koviashi
    Participant

For any first time adult applicants, I can confirm that the HM Passport office has replied to my twitter DM confirming that the interview team will be arranging a Skype interview with me sometime soon. They do however stipulate that this might not mean a passport will be issued and are still not giving a time frame as to when all this will happen.

AMS2020
    Participant

I have messaged the twitter help folk and had a response after trying many times without any luck to call them (still waiting on a call back).
    They have said the passports are marked as received although still not showing as such on the tracker page.
    Both applications sent within 20 minutes but two different offices to send the expired passports. Anyway, have to wait until next Wednesday to escalate as that’s when the two weeks from travel bit kicks in fingers firmly crossed! In my minds eye 5 weeks was tight but not stressful very last minute to book to go away this year for obvious reasons just hope we get this over the line or one almighty disappointed family and a very expensive mistake to leave it so late to renew two of the kids passports!

nk8366
    Participant

After calling repeatedly to escalate my adult renewal and speaking to 6 different people who all gave me different information, I got through the Complaints on Friday 17th and was allowed to submit my documentary evidence via email. I am sure that this helped as my application was approved today and the passport was printed and sent. Here is the timeline:

Passport printed and sent 1:58pm on 20 July 2020
    Application approved 1:13pm on 20 July 2020
    Application being processed 11:11am on 20 July 2020
    Documents received 9:49am on 17 July 2020
    Application received 3:22pm on 6 July 2020
    Application submitted 3:22pm on 6 July 2020

I just wanted to ask if any of you know when you can track the delivery on the TNT website and what code should you put into Consignment Number/PAN number, presumably the code issued by the HMPO when submitting online application? Thanks in advance for all help!

jamesd1974
    Participant

Ams2020 you will be lucky if they escalate it if you have only just booked a last minute holiday without passports
    I know someone who has done that and they are still waiting 2 odd weeks later where as I booked mine last year and they sorted mine in a couple of days after escalating it

kellyj
    Participant

I submitted my application on 29 June and has been at processing stage since receipt of document on 30 June. I called the passport office on Friday and received a call back today. They have said it is at “examination stage” but no timescales can be given.

Anyone been told this and any idea how long will it take to receive from this stage?

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 690 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

One Reply to “Applications whilst locked down”

1. Latest News – Lockdown Sceptics says: July 9, 2020 at 10:39 pm

[…] it’s not just Guy and me, obviously. Check out the comments in this forum – it’s an unending stream of passport […]