Approved but 5 days later still not printed

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Approved but 5 days later still not printed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    djbdane
    Participant

My application was approved on the 13th, so expected it maybe to be printed Tues or Wednesday – but it still seems stuck on approved – any ideas on how long this can take?

isabel
    Participant

Mine was approved on the 12th but still on approved too! Going to try and call them for an update as I have heard that passports should be printed 1 working day after approval

djbdane
    Participant

Mine was approved on the 12th but still on approved too! Going to try and call them for an update as I have heard that passports should be printed 1 working day after approval

Yes looking in these forums it seems to be anything from 1-4 days, so I’m starting to wonder why it’s ticked into day 5 for me, 6 for you – I would be interested in any updates from them if you do call.

isabel
    Participant

I just got off the phone to them now – they said they are really busy and so printing is now taking up to 1 week! They said delivery should be 5 days after printing but could come sooner. So hopefully it won’t be too much longer for either of us – will let you know once mine is printed

Chef0389
    Participant

My sons was approved on the 11th but still no update.

djbdane
    Participant

I just got off the phone to them now – they said they are really busy and so printing is now taking up to 1 week! They said delivery should be 5 days after printing but could come sooner. So hopefully it won’t be too much longer for either of us – will let you know once mine is printed

So I thought I would call them so we could compare what we are told – apparently mine was printed on the 13th – and I should try TNT tracking – so I suspect the truth is printing is taking longer, scanning into the TNT system is taking longer – I suppose the scan than that puts it into the TNT system is the one that triggers the sent update – so time will tell – I’ll update as well as I find out more.

djbdane
    Participant

Noting showing on TNT

djbdane
    Participant

Still no update this morning so rang them again, spoke to a really nice person Zoe who confirmed it was sent to printing, but because my application was approved on a Sunday this probably didn’t happen until Monday, and there is a delay due to demand – so she said I should hopefully get the text today or Monday – and if I haven’t heard by early next week to call again – the printed and sent text apparently is sent when TNT actually have the passport.

I did ask why on forums some applications have been approved after me, and have been printed – she didn’t really have an answer saying it depends where it’s printed, demand and how efficiently TNT process them etc etc, so I suspect TNT inject a level of delay into this process too.

So sitting waiting for the beep on the phone!!

Youyou
    Participant

Hi same here, mine approved on 12th March 05:50 am and since then no update

djbdane
    Participant

Hi same here, mine approved on 12th March 05:50 am and since then no update

I imagine the weak link here is TNT getting them on their system – the passport printing facility is an automated process, from looking at a video online I am sure it’s not the delay here, it’s capable of printing huge numbers of passports. So I imagine the scanning of the printed passports onto the TNT system is taking the time – this seems to generate the ‘printed and sent’ update on the application. TNT have a track record of poor performance with HMPO deliveries – looks like nothings changed, and quite frankly it’s not good enough – passports aren’t cheap!

isabel
    Participant

I just got off the phone to them again – they said they had seen some passports being printed that were approved on the 12th today so shouldn’t be too much longer. They confirmed that they do print over the weekend but then said that it can now be up to a week before the passport is collected following printing. Delivery can then take up to two days after the passports have been collected

djbdane
    Participant

So another slightly different version of events from HMPO – elsewhere on this forum there are approvals after the 12/13th that are in people’s hands – so I suppose we really do just have to wait until HMPO/TNT decide to get their act in gear and grace us with our passports!! I suppose each day that passes is a day nearer the glorious day!

djbdane
    Participant

but then said that it can now be up to a week before the passport is collected

From what I’ve been told this event triggers the printed and sent update on the application – so maybe TNT can only process so many at a time and only collect so many at a time, as I can’t see TNT not collecting daily so maybe they are printed but sitting there until they are collected by TNT.

isabel
    Participant

Interesting! I’m now not expecting an update today so fingers crossed for one tomorrow

Youyou
    Participant

Please guys keep us informed if there is any updates. thank you so much

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.