Approved but 5 days later still not printed

Home Forums General Passport Application Discussion Approved but 5 days later still not printed

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    lps0515
    Participant

My passport was approved on the 17th in the early morning but it is still has not been printed…any idea which number I can call for the Durham office?

djbdane
    Participant

So it’s just updated to printed – a full 9 days after approval – over to you TNT

londoner
    Participant

Also stuck on approved but called HMPO this morning and they confirmed its printed so I should contact TNT. TNT have no trace on their system so assumption is it hasn’t been picked up yet. Approved on 17 March but TNT have said to all for 7 days.

jms
    Participant

Cross-posting from Liverpool thread:

After being approved on the 17th, my passport has moved to printed earlier today.

Next step – TNT! Shows as due to be delivered on 23rd.

ETA: if you use your PEX number in their tracking, it will show you the TNT ref number.

jimmybee
    Participant

I’ve been trying my application number in the TNT tracking and it continually says number not recognised, it’ll be a week tomorrow that I got the text saying it was sent with TNT and yet nothing from TNT as yet.

What exactly are you putting in to TNT for the update as I’m pulling my hair out

londoner
    Participant

lps0515 – I’m Durham as well. looks like they may be taking a longer time than other offices to get it over to print.

Looks like my supporting docs are due to arrive back with me on 23 March so will receive my old passport back before my new one(!)

bgm00
    Participant

Hi could you explain how you done this olease. I’m trying to track my passport only showing as printed a few hours ago. Typed in postcode and pex with number in both reference and application sections tried alternating and still not working

bgm00
    Participant

Just wondered if anyone can give advice as my passport is now printing from 6pm today but I’m meant to be going on holiday Friday. Hoping because I live near london being more central might mean it comes quicker but I’m seeing a range of delivery dates from 3-8 days – can anyone give some advice?

jimmybee
    Participant

It’ll be at least 4/5 working days before you hear anything from the courier about it being delivered. If you mean Friday this week then I 100% don’t think it will arrive in time. Just my opinion

bgm00
    Participant

Yeah that’s what I fear. I’ve just read on Twitter that apparently tnt only do pick ups on Thursdays and Royal Mail have now had to step in to help with deliveries. Seems like most people wait a week for delivery from printed but I’m seeing a few where it’s only a few days

jimmybee
    Participant

I received the “passport being sent” text on Tuesday 15th at 6:45pm, I’ve heard you need to wait around 4 working days til anything happens with TNT, it was tonight after 6 I checked TNT with my postcode and application ref and it finally let
    me in giving a delivery date of the 23rd.

If yours is saying printing, it’s not even got to being delivered stage yet.

isabel
    Participant

Mine was printed on 19th and tracking has been updated today! It’s due to be delivered tomorrow, will let you all know once I actually receive it x

djbdane
    Participant

My TNT tracking updated not long after it went to printed, originally showing 23/3 for delivery it’s now showing 22/3 for delivery – so hopefully tomorrow is the big day!!

londoner
    Participant

They’ve introduced a new stage I think where it just says printed and then you will get another text once it is with TNT for delivery. 17 March approval, printed this afternoon but not yet sent – expect about a week door to door to receive my passport.

djbdane
    Participant

Also stuck on approved but called HMPO this morning and they confirmed its printed so I should contact TNT. TNT have no trace on their system so assumption is it hasn’t been picked up yet. Approved on 17 March but TNT have said to all for 7 days.

Your assumption is correct, it appears TNT collecting it is what triggers the printed update. I suspect they have a finite capacity in their system per day and as more and more are printed they get stacked up and the delay after approval is in fact TNT not being able to do the job they got contracted to do in a reasonable time frame! No doubt another example of the cheapest bid getting the contract!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by djbdane.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.