Bootle

• This topic has 127 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Kay.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    Dandaney
    Participant

Documents received still…

Moe-limit
    Participant

That’s exactly the same as my son’s. Seems shambolic that they have scanned it.i hope someone gives you info to be able to get it quicker. You’ll probably have to go to Liverpool i imagine? I read somewhere that you can’t turn up at bootle? Is that right anyone?

I am eligible to call tomorrow to get an upgrade to the fast trak tomorrow which I will do.

Hope it works out for you Dan. Shouldn’t be this stressful

Moe-limit
    Participant

Phoned on Friday to request fast track as 2 weeks from travel date. Was told that I’d get a ring back Friday or Saturday. No call back.

Phoned today, through option 8 then 3, was told that fast track had closed by a very rude/stressed guy.
    Decided to call back, was put through to progress team but then got cut off. Called again and transfered again but the I received my call back. Call back then took my details and transferred me to the progress team. Was on hold for 1 hour 45mins. Operator took details and sent an email with the email address for the upgrade team so I can send proof of departure. Application had been moved to Liverpool office. I sent the details needed and should receive a call back within 48 hours now.

Proves that not everyone is clued up/interested. Don’t lose hope, hang up and speak to someone different.

ionwaffle
    Participant

Just uploading my experience of an adult renewal + title change with the Bootle office.

StatusDate
    Passport printed 3:00am on 14 July 2022
    Application approved 2:26pm on 13 July 2022
    Documents received 5:38pm on 17 June 2022
    Application received 2:46pm on 7 June 2022
    Application submitted 2:45pm on 7 June 2022

I actually sent the documents by Royal Mail special guaranteed by 1pm on the 14th of June. Expect it to be delivered tomorrow.

sd0087
    Participant

Hi all,

I’ve found this forum incredibly helpful so thought I would share my passport timeline which was for a child’s first passport (baby) and it was processed at the Bootle office.

I submitted the application on 10 May and got my hands on the passport on 11 July.

From Documents Received to Application Approved seemed in line with what the timelines have been. I was actually expecting it to be approved mid-July so it was approved a little earlier than I thought.

The only hiccup was receiving the passport from TNT. They text me at around 8am on Tuesday 5 July to say my passport would be delivered by 8pm that day. It never arrived so I had to reschedule it for Monday 11 July which was the earliest day I could guarantee someone would be home to take delivery. It did arrive on that rescheduled day mid-morning but I didn’t need to sign, it was just posted through the letter box.

Quite a relief that it’s all sorted; having read some of the headlines and unfortunate experiences of some on here who submitted their applications months ago I had moments where I feared the worst. Now we’re all set for our family holiday in mid-August!

Best of luck to everyone else with their applications.

Passport actually arrived – Monday 11 July
    Passport due to arrive – Tuesday 5 July
    Passport printed – 7:57am on 4 July 2022
    Application approved – 9:54am on 1 July 2022
    Documents received – 9:31am on 8 June 2022
    Application received – 10:07am on 14 May 2022
    Identity details received – 10:07am on 14 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity – 7:08pm on 11 May 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity – 6:42pm on 10 May 2022
    Application submitted – 6:42pm on 10 May 2022

dan_hughes
    Participant

Little bit of info for anyone going down the office.

I went this morning first thing, arrived at 6. There was about 20 people ahead. At around 8am one of the senior staff came out and told everyone they;

Wouldn’t see anyone who didn’t have an application in the system

And it needed to have been 10 weeks

From there they prioritise people based on the day they are due to fly NOT when they arrived….I.e people flying in the next 24 hours went first, regardless of where they were in the queue. Then 48 hours. Then 72 etc. They had 2 gents outside who sporadically checked the queue outside asking when people’s flights are due and taking them to the front as needed.

At the same time anyone who had managed to get an appointment went straight in at there scheduled time.

Unfortunately this wasn’t great for me as I am not flying till a week Saturday and seeing how slow the progress is realised I either wouldnt get seen today at all and / or it was more sensible to leave and go back later next week (so I left around 11.30 after arriving at 6am!). At 11.30 they were still working on Sundays flights btw and had around “another hour” till they got to mondays flights.

Pancake
    Participant

Was this the Bootle office or Liverpool?

dr_hamish
    Participant

Sharing my experience for others (thanks to everyone who’s shared their info to date!)

Passport printed 1:22am on 12 July 2022
    Application approved 9:24am on 10 July 2022
    Documents received 9:35am on 15 June 2022
    Application received 3:42pm on 10 June 2022
    Application submitted 3:41pm on 10 June 2022

This was an adult renewal with (name) title change. No ID confirmation was requested by the office.

Annoyingly (or maybe efficiently) within a few hours of the Passport Printed notification I received notification from TNT that it would be delivered that day (but I was already at work for the day!). Interestingly, the re-delivery was just pushed through the letterbox was as the first delivery failed as it needed a signature.

Good luck everyone who’s patiently waiting for their passport.

Hamish

Moe-limit
    Participant

I’m perilously close to flying out on Friday and still waiting on my son’s upgrade to be processed. I have provided our travel details but heard nothing. Once it’s been upgraded its unable to be tracked and I was supposed to have a call within 48 hours

My nearest office is Glasgow. If I turn up there will it get sorted? What would I need to take with me?

dan_hughes
    Participant

Molimit I would go down.you only need pex number but take everything

Moe-limit
    Participant

@dan_highes will do mate, thanks.

How did you get on? Any luck so far?

dan_hughes
    Participant

Pancake that was liverpool old hall street..I’m not sure there is an office to queue at in bootle (think it’s just a postal address) but either way all the applications are on computer so I don’t think it matters where you go

dan_hughes
    Participant

Moe-limit no as I said a few posts ago,I was advised on Friday 15th to come back nearer my departure date (within 48 hours of it) so I’m going back on Thursday. The first intake of people on Friday (who were due to fly Saturday) were All back out of the office within a few hours with a time to come back later in the day and collect there printed passport….so I’m going at the crack of dawn again and hopefully it’ll get sorted!

dan_hughes
    Participant

Anyway, I got a call this morning saying passport had been forwarded to the Durham branch and they would print out and send via courier but I asked could it be printed out in Liverpool- it could and now it has been – and I’ve got an appointment for collection tomorow! Woo hoo

Moe-limit
    Participant

Sam here! Got a call today saying could I go and pick it up from Glasgow today! Erm yes yes yes yes!

Hope everyone gets theirs resolved soon. Best of luck

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.