Bootle

• This topic has 127 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Kay.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    dan_hughes
    Participant

Han22 I may be wrong but it seems any “changed” ones are taking longer…my one for my son is a renewal but its going from a baby pic to a 5 year old little boy picture

han22
    Participant

dan_hughes I think it may be the case too, I guess it involves more checks if there are changes. Just to make it more difficult I applied before my wedding with the PD2 form from my registrar (which cost £30 in itself!) and it then future dates my new passport with my new name from the date of the wedding. But saying that, if you have sent everything they have requested you’d hope it wouldn’t be that complex. 😬

wanting3
    Participant

I don’t think all changes slow things down. I applied 5th May for an adult renewal with name change by deed poll. It took just under 5 weeks to receive it. I guess it mainly depends what the workload at the office is like. Mine went through the digital route too so no idea what flags it up to go through the manual processing route.

dan_hughes
    Participant

I’ve got no idea tbh wanting3….was just throwing it out there. All I know is people are applying – and going through bootle- and being done start to finish in 2/3 weeks and others are waiting forever!

Pete_Hughes
    Participant

Child renewal, sent all documents signed for and confirmed with Royal Mail they were signed for on 15th June, bit worried that it is taking much longer than any other application I’ve seen to go to documents received, could they have lost the documents?

Application received 1:48pm on 14 June 2022
    Identity details received 1:47pm on 14 June 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:22pm on 12 June 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 10:33am on 6 June 2022
    Application submitted 10:33am on 6 June 2022

dan_hughes
    Participant

Who knows pete? Whole thing is a shambles, should be systematically working through them from the earliest to be applied for

rebecca1986
    Participant

I applied for a first child passport on 18 May, documents sent to Bootle on 19 May and marked as received on 30th May.

Didn’t hear anything for weeks and kept getting different information every time I called. Finally got a call from the progress team yesterday who admitted the application has ‘done the rounds.’

Apparently Bootle sat on the application and then sent it to London for them to do initial checks. It has now been sent back to Liverpool on 5 July to go before an examiner. The whole thing is a mess and I’m not holding out any hope of getting the passport back to fly on 19 August.

dan_hughes
    Participant

Rebecca what does that mean “an examiner”? Do you live near or in Liverpool as you can go and queue up? It’s a pain but at least you’ll have it. Still a fair way to till 19/8 anyway so good luck to you

sarahbrooks16
    Participant

Hi Everyone

I sent off for a child renewal and a first time child passport both on the 23rd June to the bootle office.

The renewal has arrived via courier today which I thought was an excellent turnaround and just under 2 weeks.

I don’t imagine the first time passport for a child will be as fast although we have been on documents received since the 28th June the same as the renewal.

I have nothing booked at the moment but was hoping to get away at some point, I don’t understand how some are coming faster than others my friend applied the 10th May and still has no word.

dan_hughes
    Participant

Good luck Sarah with youre other one!

Does anyone know if bootle and Liverpool are the same office? I always thought it was just bootle (but people called it liverpool) and I seem to remember the address for the old documents being a bootle address BUT the address and where people seem to queuing up is in old hall street in Liverpool City centre?

Eskimo32
    Participant

@dan_hughes I did a google search yesterday on this just yesterday, found somewhere that said most Bootle applications end up getting processed in Liverpool. I’m sure I read elsewhere that Bootle is one of the few Passport Offices that doesn’t offer counter services which is probably why people queue at Liverpool. My daughter’s renewal was definitely posted to a Bootle address while my son’s sent the same day to Liverpool

dan_hughes
    Participant

Thank you Eskimo after 15/07 I’m going to go and queue so I’ll head into Liverpool City centre then!

sarahbrooks16
    Participant

After reading so many horror story’s about people’s passports not arriving I’m seriously considering wether to cancel the current first time application and get a one week fast track for my child! As I don’t hold out hope of my sons arriving.

I wish you all the best of luck with getting your passports!

Dandaney
    Participant

Can I turn up to Liverpool/bootle office with a passport renewal application 48hrs before travel? Seemingly our daughter’s application has been withdrawn as they haven’t scanned documents we’ve sent. The application is still live on the .gov website but if it’s withdrawn the only hope I have now is turning up with the application 48hrs before we fly. Can someone please let me know if this is even an option as I’m losing my mind with stress. Cheers

Moe-limit
    Participant

Oh dear that is scary. What stage does the application say it is at?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.