Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    sprajax1
    Participant

Thanks mrmarkt – I know they will escalate it 14 days before, but it just makes me wonder why they are holding on to passports for so long before processing them, while others are being processed so quickly…if they processed in a timely manner, they might receive less calls and complaints from us!!

Glad you have received yours – when do you travel?

im planning to have a party if and when I receive mine!!! Lol!!!

charlie2566
    Participant

@sprayjax1

I was where you are with the passport anxiety. (Adult renewal). Application submitted online 26th June. Arrived yesterday.

I filled in the online form via gov.uk marked URGENT to expedite and quite soon afterwards, I was asked for evidence from this email address: HMPassportOfficeLiverpoolRQCSC@hmpo.gov.uk That’s when I was told that where you send your expired passport to (in my case, Durham) has no bearing on where the passport is actually processed (Liverpool).

Further delays were caused by my evidence not arriving due to their HM Passport servers blocking password protected attachments. I only realised when I chased again and they said ‘send evidence’. (I screenshotted everything and resubmitted).

Keep at them. Phone every day and keeping tweeting. They replied to tweet after 5 days. You will get there, I’m sure. Passport had been ‘processing’ for 7 days, then they phoned me back once in receipt of evidence and it was approved and posted within a further 2 days.

I know how you feel!

mrmarkt
    Participant

@sprajax1

Yes I can empathise with you. I don’t think we will truly know but there is suggestion of 400,000 backlog and I can imagine trying to determine who should get priority would be a logistical nightmare, especially the people who didn’t renew as didn’t think it would go ahead.

As someone who has personally worked throughout this (running a psychiatric hospital) and had to quickly adapt and rapidly learn I do feel for them I have to say but the prospect of losing travel doesn’t help when waiting does it.

I have a trip on 31st July and 19th August. I’ll update when the passport is actually delivered.

jamesd1974
    Participant

They only escalate it if holiday was booked prior to March I know as I had to send proof before they escalated if it wasn’t they said there nothing they can do it once I did had all 4 of my passports within 4 days

mrmarkt
    Participant

I’ve had the notification that my passport has been printed and sent (likely TNT) which has eased my anxiety somewhat however there is no tracking info – any experience of this anyone or do TNT issue the tracking info once it’s in their possession?

sprajax1
    Participant

Hi all – thanks for your words of encouragement. I managed to get a call back today and the lady took all my details and said that the processing team will call me back in a couple of days..but still they cannot guarantee anything (why do they say this – it just creates more anxiety). The lady said the processing team may ask me for evidence, which I said im ready to provide..so I guess I’ll wait a couple of days and see what happens. Has anyone had experience of this?

mrmarkt
    Participant

@sprajax1

Yes they said they would call me but they didn’t they just processed the passport two days after saying someone would call me, but they were already in possession of my evidence as had emailed it over to them to get that response

FedUpAndStressed
    Participant

Passport printed and sent 10:41am on 23 July 2020
    Application approved 2:23pm on 21 July 2020
    Documents received 10:41am on 20 July 2020
    Application received 1:11pm on 8 July 2020
    Application submitted 1:11pm on 8 July 2020

Passport documents were posted by me on next day guaranteed delivery on 08/7/20

I very much doubt the passport office will pay for Saturday delivery so expecting to receive it on Monday. Will be pleased to get new passport but sad that it will likely be blue and flimsy and showing me older than my last passport picture which I actually didn’t mind rather than a wild haired Covid lockdown picture haha

sprajax1
    Participant

Thanks @mrmarkt – I shall be patient and wait a couple of days then and see what happens!!

sprajax1
    Participant

Thanks for that email @charlie2566 – Ill give it a couple of days now and see if they get back to me about the evidence. Yeah I didnt realise that the issue of the passports are not necessarily where the old passports were sent! I told the lady ours was sent to Glagow and Durham, but she asked me where my closest passport office is, which for me, would bePpeterborough! So I dont really know where the new passports are coming from.

charlie2566
    Participant

Re: tracking information, I sent a private tweet to @HMPassport Office outlining my PEX number and asked for TNT tracking information.

The reply tweet stated the tracking number. It was sent by courier Friday 5pm and arrived the next Wednesday. Clearly, it’s on a 3-day service.

So no rush, for them!

Hi,

Applied for my passport 09 July, Passport delivered on the 14/
    July but still showing as “Send your Old Passport”

I spoke with the passport office today as my travel date is 07/08 and he took some details, saying he would pass them on and they would be in touch within two working days.

Has anybody else experienced this? After this stage was your application sped up? What sort of evidence do they require? Is a screenshot of the flight booking from January when I booked it acceptable?

mrmarkt
    Participant

@lewismorgan10

That was how mine got processed. As I understood it, the evidence needs to be a hotel booking or flight confirmation that shows the date of booking to be before pandemic and date of travel within 14 days I was asked for.

I sent that on a Saturday, Monday my passport suddenly was recieved, Tuesday the application accepted and today notification that it is in the post

Good luck

jamesd1974
    Participant

Don’t expect them to call you back I had to call a few times as they never call back in my experience

LisaH
    Participant

Getting very frustrated with Durham. Applied for child renewal 28 June, still being ‘processed’. I’ve tweeted several times and no response. We were hoping to travel next week, thankfully nothing booked but still it’s going to be at least another week before we get the passport and we are limited as to the weeks we can travel in August.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.