Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    greaz90
    Participant

Thanks @nk8366 ; Just confirming- you sent your old passport to the Durham address?

nk8366
    Participant

I did post office digital application, and they said that all passports from that branch are sent to Durham. They send them in special pouches, so you cannot track the delivery of your individual passport, which made me worried, as it took 11 days to register mine as received.

jamesd1974
    Participant

It didn’t for me all 4 of mine

jamesd1974
    Participant

My-passport I just received 4 renewals and 2 were black ish and 2 burgundy they are using both colours still

mrmarkt
    Participant

Hi all, thought I should post as I’ve been avidly watching during my experience. My case is an adult passport renewal at Durham office. I will update once it’s physically received.

Application history

Application approved 1:29pm on 21 July 2020

Documents received 9:42am on 20 July 2020 (They were signed for at Durham on 6th July)

Application received 4:10pm on 4 July 2020

Application submitted 4:09pm on 4 July 2020

It’s important to know I emailed HMPO and informed them I was travelling, I had to provide evidence to show that a flight was booked pre-covid. I luckily had an email still of a booking I had made previously. It appears they are only doing so if the flight was within 14days from you reaching out.

I sent the evidence on Saturday via email and by Monday my passport was registered as received and 24 hours later the photo and application accepted.

I will update when it’s physically in my hand with regards to time to print and be delivered.

I completed the passport application online.

KCBK
    Participant

I’m getting slightly concerned. I sent my current passport from the US as part of a renewal application and it arrived and was signed for on Friday 3rd July. It’s now been 18 days and Durham have yet to acknowledge receipt of it. Is that normal? I have an unexpired US visa in it and I’m terrified they’ve lost it – which is the last thing I need out here in the US, where they want your visa details for everything.

jamesd1974
    Participant

They won’t of lost it there just slowwwwww

mrmarkt
    Participant

I wouldn’t be worried as the only reason they registered mine today after 16 days was because I submitted some evidence to move things along, had I not then I think mine still wouldn’t be registered as received.

It may be worth reaching out to them stating the US government are asking for visa evidence and that might move things along quicker for you.

Good Luck

KCBK
    Participant

Getting any information out of them has been like getting blood from a stone. I can’t fathom what kind of organisation either leaves mail unopened for almost three weeks or opens it and doesn’t log it. I genuinely don’t understand the logic of it – there’s no way they’re so busy that they’re three weeks behind in opening mail.

jamesd1974
    Participant

They are that far behind around 3 million passports expired during lockdown and they don’t have as many staff now due to social distancing and half a million more every month expire

PassportAnxiety
    Participant

Hi all,

This forum has been of great use over the last few anxious weeks, so I thought I’d share my timeline (Adult Renewal):

Passport printed and sent 9:49am on 22 July 2020
    Application approved 8:31pm on 20 July 2020
    Application being processed 11:11am on 20 July 2020
    Documents received 2:45pm on 17 July 2020
    Application received 10:30am on 6 July 2020
    Application submitted 10:29am on 6 July 2020

Was signed for by the Durham office on 7 July.

Best of luck everyone!

greaz90
    Participant

@Passportanxiety Love the name – Was this after chasing from your end or was this just letting “the process” happen?

PassportAnxiety
    Participant

@greaz90 I direct messaged on Twitter, also called up. No idea how effective this was, but I was assured by the operator that Adult Renewals were going through a tad quicker. When I first called the HMPO, I was redirected to another number in Newport: 01633285422. I found that calling this number bypassed the switchboard/ call back option. However, I can’t comment on whether this was effective or I was just lucky!

sprajax1
    Participant

Hi guys – so heres my update – apologies for the rant – its quite therapeutic though!!

losing the will to live here – both passports child renewal and adult renewal have been at ‘application processing’ – children renewal at 10 days and adult renewal at 16 days!!! and i thought the adult one was meant to be quicker!! applied on the 28th June – seeing peoples timelines who have applied after me and received their passports – im just like WHAT!! Anxious, frustated, tired!!!

Tried calling complaints – got call back answer message – left a message two days ago
    Called the normal line – got call back answer message again – left another message yesterday.
    Sent email to the liverpool email that I saw posted on here with travel evidence and booking pre-covid
    Twitter messaged a few times – still waiting response two days later
    Contacted MP office – said they have received information and will deal with my case – however have a backlog of cases to deal with.

So ive done all I can and still I sit here waiting…3 weeks to travel and I have also added info that I need to add API 7 days prior to travel.

mrmarkt
    Participant

@sprajax1

My understanding is they will only escalate once the 14 days pre-travel date has passed.

I’ve just recieved a text informing me mine is now printed and being posted today.

Good luck with yours

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.