Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    KCBK
    Participant

@Gemski91

Have you had an update? Mine moved to Processing on July 27th and I’m trying to work out what the average time it takes for an adult renewal.

Gemski91
    Participant

@KCBK
    Still processing! 4 weeks now as of yesterday!! I’m actually so fed up and angry because there are people who have applied at the end of July and had there passports already! I can’t quite believe how random everything is!!

I have tried contacting them through twitter as well. I was told to PM them with my code but they still haven’t read it so on Monday I plan to try and phone again because 4 weeks processing is ridiculous imo.

KCBK
    Participant

@Gemski91
    That’s utterly absurd. People on here have had them within a week of applying here, with no extenuating circumstances. Crazy how they’re not working from the earliest applications as a first priority.

Gemski91
    Participant

@KCBK
    It’s made me so annoyed. I deliberately used a booth to ensure my picture wouldn’t get returned, I was more then prompt in getting all the supporting documents sent and my identity verified, it’s like I’ve been lost or something! First thing Monday I will be on that telephone to them!

Gemski91
    Participant

Can anyone tell me about the return of their birth certificates? I’ve been processing for the 4 weeks now, I’ve not even had my mums or my birth certificates back yet.

Phoning them today though.

Gemski91
    Participant

According to the passport office they’re taking 8 weeks to process.

If I haven’t had a call for interview in two weeks time I’ll have to contact them again.

I travel exactly 4 weeks from today 😳 starting to get a little nervous now!

solman07
    Participant

Royal Mail tracking shows passport was signed for at the Durham office on the 03/08/2020 by a GSIMPSON.

Still waiting on it to be “received” at Durham. Judging by some posts on here, its about 2 weeks before it stops saying “Send your old passport” , is that correct?

Application received 8:20am on 28 July 2020
    Application submitted 8:20am on 28 July 2020

Gemski91
    Participant

@solman07

Yes that’s about right, mine took 13 days to show as received despite being sent recorded and signed for the next day.

solman07
    Participant

Weird as some peoples applications to Durham were sent a day or two before mine and it shows their documents as received.

Gemski91
    Participant

There just doesn’t seem to much method with them. There are people who applied after me but recurved their passports first.

Mines been processing for ages! I’ll have to escalate it if nothing happens in two weeks.

londonpassport123
    Participant

I applied for an adult renewal with a name change, which I received today. I had previously got in touch with customer services to request a faster renewal for ID purposes but I don’t think that actually got processed. I received the passport today because TNT has ‘tried’ to deliver on Friday but apparently we weren’t in (we definitely were!). I haven’t received my old passport or my marriage certificate even though I paid extra for the recorded return delivery.

Passport printed and sent 10:48am on 5 August 2020
    Application approved 9:25am on 4 August 2020
    Documents received 10:01am on 30 July 2020
    Application received 6:44pm on 22 July 2020
    Application submitted 6:43pm on 22 July 2020

KCBK
    Participant

@solman07

G Simpson also signed for my documents, but it took just over two weeks for them to acknowledge receipt. Hang in there!

@Gemski91

They’ve just approved my application – I chased them, but they stonewalled each time.

Gemski91
    Participant

Are there any First Adult passports who have had an interview?

I am told now if by Monday next week I haven’t had a call for an interview then I have to contact them again. I’m travelling two weeks Monday so it’s getting way too close for comfort now.

lrosstrevor
    Participant

First Adult passport – no interview
    Passport printed and sent 18 August 2020
    Application approved 17 August 2020
    Application being processed 8 August 2020
    Documents received 7 August 2020
    Use paper form to confirm identity 6 July 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 6 July 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6 July 2020
    Application submitted 6 July 2020

Gemski91
    Participant

@Irosstrevor

I Csnt work our what it is with my application?

You’re a first timer like me. And your processing time was 9 days, yet I have been processing for almost 6 weeks now (6 on Friday) and they told me processing was taking 8 weeks.

How is it that these are all massively varied in times.

Mind boggling.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.