Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Gemski91
    Participant

I got lucky with a really helpful person today.

In order to escalate an application it has to meet two pieces of criteria.
    1: has to have been on the system at least 8 weeks
    2: travel must be within two weeks.

Monday I am officially able to call for escalation as I my 8 week marker was last week and my two week marker will be Monday.
    I’ll let you know if I escalate and how that goes.

jamesd1974
    Participant

8 weeks is rubbish I had mine escalated after 2 weeks

KCBK
    Participant

My saga is finally over, timelines below. Mine was an Adult Renewal from abroad, the USA in my case. I chased a bunch of times but they never thought my desperate pleas to escalate it, with my passport being only proof of legal immigration, was important enough.

Passport delivered 18 August 2020
    Passport printed and sent 13 August 2020
    Application approved 12 August 2020
    Application being processed 27 July 2020
    Documents received (according to them) 22 July 2020
    Documents received (according to courier) 3 July 2020
    Application received 30 June 2020
    Application submitted 30 June 2020

Good luck everyone!

Gemski91
    Participant

Seems to be me they dislike then, since everyone else seems to fly through the process 😂 I had no idea my background was so interesting… they just be all looking 😂😂😂

Fingers crossed I get some promising answers by the end of Monday. My mums getting really nervous because we travel soon 😫

lrosstrevor
    Participant

@Gemski91

Yes, so weird! I don’t know why mine processed so quickly. I was also thought all first timers needed an interview, but I ended up not needing one. Maybe the ones that require an interview are taking longer?

Gemski91
    Participant

@Irosstrevor

I think they’re suspending all interviews because of the virus. It’s strange because as I said previously, I was told if I hadn’t been called for an interview by Monday then to ring back, however on the phones (automated message) and website they all say they aren’t conducting interviews at this time, or that all face time face contact is suspended. We shall soon find out if I get to have my first holiday abroad haha!

lrosstrevor
    Participant

final timeline: First Adult passport – no interview

*I sent my documents via USPS First Class Mail International from the US (slowest service which I did not realize at the time). I mailed them out on July 15 2020, not sure when they were delivered as there was no tracking, so all I know is that they were acknowledged by the office on 7 August.

Passport delivered 20 August 2020
    Passport printed and sent 18 August 2020
    Application approved 17 August 2020
    Application being processed 8 August 2020
    Documents received 7 August 2020
    Use paper form to confirm identity 6 July 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 6 July 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6 July 2020
    Application submitted 6 July 2020

Gemski91
    Participant

@Irosstrevor

So you’re in the US at the moment? I’m amazed (very pleased for you) that evening international passports are getting through fast than me! I am still processing so it looks like I will have to call Monday.

I was so cool through all of this and now I’m starting to worry a little about the passport arriving on time. I’ll be devastated. Especially as I’ve had email confirmation that flights are going ahead as normal.

Oh well! Fingers crossed for Monday successes!

lrosstrevor
    Participant

@Gemski91

Yes applied from and live in the US! Good luck on Monday!

Gemski91
    Participant

Thank you! I will update with any news I get once I have spoken with them.

Gemski91
    Participant

Well, my phone call felt like a bit of a waste of time this morning. To say I am annoyed is an understatement at this point.

I was told last week on Thursday that you have to be on the system for 8 weeks, from date of application… Today I am told it’s from date of documents received. Because they didn’t put my documents on their tracking system until July 3rd, the woman was telling me my 8 weeks isn’t until Friday.

However, I explained that my documents were in fact received on June 23rd, as I had sent them recorded.

Thank God I was able to locate the email because I had paid online!! I can now prove they were signed for and received on 23rd June! which makes my 8 weeks officially 18th August.

I apparently just have to await a call back now, when this will be? Who knows… Am I any wiser with the process of my passport? No! I travel in exactly 14 days and to say I am crapping it is also an understatement at this point.

Any one out there who had to fast track, could you let me know on the process?

Gemski91
    Participant

Just had a call! I have an interview on Skype for business at 8:45am tomorrow! I am so pleased!

Gemski91
    Participant

Woo! I had my interview this morning and 5 minutes after my interview he finished I was approved!

Application approved 25 August 2020
    Application being processed 10 July 2020
    Documents received 3 July 2020
    Application received 19 June 2020
    Identity details received 19 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 19 June 2020
    Application submitted 19 June 2020

Gemski91
    Participant

Officially had it sent this afternoon! My journey is now complete!

pcp15srl
    Participant

Just started the process of renewing my adult passport from the USA.

They’ve had my documents for a week now but they’ve still not updated my application on the system, and I got an email this morning to say that I *should* have my passport back in less than 8 weeks…

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.