Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Caroline2000
    Participant

Thanks.
    I’m not sure – knowing my luck I’d not get an appointment!
    Feel a bit stuck – going by others timescales we should get them back; but it’s going to be very tight…which is not helpful!
    Please let me know the outcome of the ‘mark as lost’ approach….

naziriteninjah
    Participant

Passport application for my daughter to Durham office. Her previous passport was a child one so this is her first adult passport. Times as below. I will update on the printing and postal service. Thank you to others who have posted info here it has been helpful managing expectations.

Application history Status
    Date
    Application approved 9:24pm on 24 September 2021
    Documents received 7:32am on 7 September 2021
    Application received 3:25pm on 26 August 2021
    Application submitted 3:25pm on 26 August 2021

samholls11
    Participant

Hi all,

Really interesting and promising thread! I am desperately waiting for my sons child renewal, I have googled and actioned everything to try and nudge this along (emails, calls to various numbers, Twitter etc) and have had our travel date added but as of today still hasn’t gone to an examiner. Dates as follows:

Application submitted 5th September
    Documents received 11th September

No ID check required as he is 12. We fly on 20th October but Emirates have said we can move with no fees latest of Monday. So we REALLY need to at least know if it approved this week. Judging by the other dates on this thread it could be possible, more positive here than Twitter which is depressing!! Hoping Durham are one of the more organised offices. It does seem people who received the ‘application processing’ update end up with a longer wait? Doesn’t seem as much of that on this thread so fingers crossed. Would love to hear recent posters updates!

Thanks Sam

PS with 6.5 weeks to go I wish I had have just done a fast track application but I remembered the last renewal only took one week and they usually say 3. RIP the glorious Pre Covid days!!

LRB01
    Participant

Hi Sam

I was in the same anxious wait as you last week but I hope I can give you some reasurrance. I submitted my renewal on 30th August, docs received on 6th September, approved and sent on Friday 24th Sept and I received my passport on Saturday 25th. I’ve been on twitter and looked at lots of messages and it looks like they work in date of docs received, so, if you go by my timeline you are 5 days behind me and should get approval by end of the week. The previous post should also give some hope, child passport approved on Friday and 3 days behind you. I really think you will get it approved any day now.

samholls11
    Participant

Thanks for the reassurance, this thread is really useful, I will definitely update when it is eventually approved this week!! (that’s my positive thinking!!)

naziriteninjah
    Participant

Hi. Just to update my post from yesterday. I actually received my daughters passport today. My wife has it in her hand 🙂 I’m still awaiting one from the Newport Office for my youngest. Dates below. There was no update between Documents received and application approved which is obviously unsettling.

Status
    Date
    Passport printed and sent 1:20pm on 27 September 2021
    Application approved 9:24pm on 24 September 2021
    Documents received 7:32am on 7 September 2021
    Application received 3:25pm on 26 August 2021
    Application submitted 3:25pm on 26 August 2021

paston14
    Participant

Hi. I have just been told that my passport has gone for examination in front of an examiner today but not sure how long it takes from going into examination to being approved? does anyone have any idea on timeframes? we had documents received 2nd September and went into processing on 3rd September. Due to fly on 13th October so really stressed!!!

elainedavidson
    Participant

Hi there,
    Panicking now Docs received 13th September traveling to wedding in Turkey on the 7th October!!! Do the passport offices in Durham work on Saturday and Sunday ? 😫😫😫

suzimac
    Participant

Hi Elaine, The Durham passport office works through the weekend in processing and printing passports.

elainedavidson
    Participant

Hi Suzi,
    Thank you I’m up pole with worry . Jet 2 will not allow me to move the holiday feel sick x

liamckenzie
    Participant

I submitted my application on 8th September.
    They received my passport on 15th September (even though I did next day tracked delivery).
    It stayed like this for 3 weeks and I was getting very worried as I’m going away in 2 weeks time, I called up today and they added a note to my application saying I was going away for work and then 2 hours later I had an update saying my application was approved! I don’t know if it was a coincidence but it’s worth calling up if you are getting very stressed about it like me!

mlcroft1010
    Participant

Looking for someone on a similar timeline…

Application made 10 Sep 21
    Documents received (as per Royal Mail tracking) 13 Sep
    Email from passport office to say documents received 18 Sep 21

I called today and my application hasn’t yet been picked up. I am travelling on 23 Oct and and really really (really!) worries that my passport isn’t going to be here in time. Called and was told there wasn’t anything I could do (I would happily pay for online premium / same day) but that’s not an option as there is no way they can tell me when my docs could be returned by. Does adding the travel date really work? I read that it’s just something they do to get you off the phone and the person I spoke with didn’t say that was an option. Am going to call back tomorrow and add….sorry for the long post – any help / advice would be very much appreciated!

LRB01
    Participant

Did yours arrive Sam?

Caroline2000
    Participant

Mlcroft1010 – we are exactly the same time line as you
    Not heard anything! We travel before your date – it’s a child renewal….

I’ve called several times….one lady was really helpful, but she told me that ‘adding a travel date/note’ doesn’t help – ‘it’s used to get people off the phone’…..not sure what I believe…..but not expecting to get ours back in time now…..

fade031
    Participant

I’m renewing my old passport at the Durham office. My previous passport was a child one so this is going to be my first adult passport. it has been stuck on documents received for a while now is that normal? and does the passport renewal process start when it says documents received.

Documents received 12:15pm on 20 September 2021
    Application received 7:28pm on 13 September 2021
    Application submitted 7:28pm on 13 September 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.