Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    teddypicker900
    Participant

My application is at Durham I hoping to hear it’s approved in the next few weeks hopefully it’s very frustrating some people very quick some not I had to change my flights 2 times already hope I don’t have to change flight on November 8

Caroline2000
    Participant

I spoke to PO today…..lady ‘thinks’ they’ll be done in time….apparently ‘when you get message that ‘documents received’ this means that it’s been sent to examiner….she then told me it’s currently a 20 day wait in that queue…..
    But she can’t guarantee- so no further forward really…..
    Still an anxious wait…..

samholls11
    Participant

I now have my child renewal back from Durham:

Application submitted 05/09/2021
    Documents received 11/09/2021
    Approved 01/10/2021
    Delivered 06/10/2021

Thing I have learnt from obsessive Twitter stalking which might help:
    1. Passports are approved roughly in order of when the tracker says your docs are received (not necessarily when actually received)
    2. If you call and ask they will note your travel date on the application, then the examiner might be kind enough to speed it through to the printing stage. Use these phone numbers to cut out the recorded messages and not be put in the queue for a call back 01633 285422 / 0300 123 1973.
    3. Often the tracker goes straight from docs received to approved with no in between stage, these are generally processed on the new system and is currently averaging 21 day from docs received to approved
    4. If you have an extra step on the tracker ‘application processing’ these seem to take about a week longer to approve and apparently are on the old system.
    5. If you are really cutting it fine you can rearrange the TNT delivery once it appears on the tracker to a day earlier, I didn’t need to do this but have seen others doing this successfully.
    6. I found this website and also the twitter account for passport waiting and HMPO really useful as in the comments you can guage which date of documents received the different offices are up to. I was able to predict the day mine would be approved and was correct!

Good luck everyone 🙂

Caroline2000
    Participant

Samholls11- Thanks for this; I’m exactly 1 week behind you. Glad you got yours!
    So by this…..mine should be approved today or tomorrow?
    If so, that’s one worry over; then i’ll just waiting on another renewal passport from Liverpool!

Keeping everything crossed

mlcroft1010
    Participant

My passport was approved this morning!

Applied – 10 Sep
    Documents received – 18 Sep

Approved 20 days after documents received which is in line with most people’s experience!

Will post when it arrives..

Caroline2000
    Participant

Approved today as well!

Documents Received – 18th September
    Approved – 8th October

Hoping won’t be too long to get the passport in my hand!

brm1
    Participant

Due to fly on the 23rd October. Rang this morning and got through to the processing team and told it’s in the queue to be examined. That was the only info they could provide. Too late to cancel and go fast track!

Documents received 3:45pm on 17 September 2021
    Application received 9:33pm on 9 September 2021
    Identity details received 9:32pm on 9 September 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 5:40pm on 8 September 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 5:39pm on 8 September 2021
    Application submitted 5:39pm on 8 September 2021

Likelihood of receiving in the post before the 23rd October?

dang
    Participant

From what i’ve been reading on twitter recently, you should be ok (touch wood)… 20/21 days from docs received to approval seems to be typical time line at the moment. I’m travelling on 25th oct but passport office are saying they only got docs received on 30 Aug… so very tight… but still hopefull

brm1
    Participant

Thanks Dang, We’re now on day 24. Just had an update to say “application being processed”. DOn’t know whether to take this as a good sign or not as there are a few timelines with weeks between application being processed and application approved.

Application being processed 3:10pm on 11 October 2021
    Documents received 3:45pm on 17 September 2021
    Application received 9:33pm on 9 September 2021
    Identity details received 9:32pm on 9 September 2021
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 5:40pm on 8 September 2021
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 5:39pm on 8 September 2021
    Application submitted 5:39pm on 8 September 2021

Caroline2000
    Participant

I have our child renewals back!
    Submitted 8th September
    Identity Checked 10th September
    Documents received 18th September
    Approved 8th October
    Delivered 11th October – today

Woohoo……thank goodness; won’t be cutting it this fine again!
    Hope everyone gets sorted – this site has been invaluable!
    Definitely think that ringing the number given to me the other day helped…..lady in the phone was lovely as well

lianne888
    Participant

I am currently waiting for my husband and sons passport renewals which we need back for the 28th October.

My sons passport was sent to Durham and my husbands Peterborough, both the details are

Documents received 2 October 2021
    Application received 24 September 2021

I have just called the passport office and they’ve told me that my sons is in a digital queue and could be printed any time and my husbands will be looked at by an assessor on the 23rd October just keeping everything crossed that they come in time!!

NMalik1976
    Participant

I sent in my passport from the USA. Documents were received in the passport office Durham on 13th September but only entered as received on 18th September 2021.

Documents received 18 September 2021
    Application received 10 September 2021

Called the passport office today and was told that overseas applications are taking upto 11 weeks.

Waiting game……

kimstressed76
    Participant

What number did you call on please, i’m not getting through to anyone helpful, and we are due to fly on 23rd!

userleft
    Spectator

Hi, I am roughly on par with everyone else’s timelines here for my child’s renewal passport. Which number is everyone calling to actually speak with someone at the Durham office? I can’t seem to get past the robot stage of the repeated message saying there too busy to answer the call and I get cut off! Very frustrating. Any help in the numbers would be greatly appreciated.

userleft
    Spectator

Can anyone share the number they are managing to talk with someone on. TIA

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.