Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    LynnC
    Participant

Incase this is of any help to anyone – my husbands timeline for adult renewal sent to the Durham office:

Passport received 5 March
    Passport printed and sent 1:28pm on 3 March 2022
    Application approved 8:57am on 2 March 2022
    Documents received 10:12am on 22 February 2022
    Royal Mail Tracking – Signed for 14 February
    Application received 9:53am on 11 February 2022
    Application submitted 9:52am on 11 February 2022

cmichelle89
    Participant

In the middle of an Adult renewal application at Durham. Here’s my timeline so far:

Application submitted: 4.56pm 20th Feb
    Application received: 4.56pm 20th Feb
    Old passport sent (royal mail first class recorded): 21st Feb
    Old passport signed for: 22nd Feb
    Documents received: 9.35am 7th March

So it’s taken them nearly 2 weeks to acknowledge my old passport. I hope that things aren’t starting to take longer, I’m due to fly at the end of April…

yasi
    Participant

My old passport received on 24th feb still tracking shows send your old passport.Where have u applied from as I have applied from Ireland .

yasi
    Participant

Where are u applying from ?

S Four
    Participant

Hi We applied 13th Feb
    Received passports into system 01/03 they signed for them 18th.
    Just got approved 5th March.
    Need them by Friday travel early Monday, we live in France need them to get back for a family funeral so stressed

thepassportwaiter
    Participant

Any recent experiences with TNT delivery? My passport was marked by Durham as printed and sent on Friday 4th, but I’m still unable to track on their website, and haven’t received any word yet on when it’s likely to appear. Really need it for this coming Friday (11th).

LynnC
    Participant

@thepassportwaiter

I’ve had several passports delivered in the past few days – they had varying days from them being printed and delivered:
    Printed Wed 2nd – delivered Sat 5th (tracking info didn’t show until the Friday)
    Printed Thurs 3rd – delivered Sat 5th
    Printed Fri 4th – delivered Sat 5th
    And our final one was printed yesterday and showing due for delivery today (this was the only one we got a text from TNT saying it was out for delivery).

Hope this helps.

thepassportwaiter
    Participant

Thanks Lynn – sounds like mine isn’t out of the ordinary, in that case.

S Four
    Participant

Hi
    A wee update husbands passport printed and sent out 11.30 last night, mine 11.30 this morning. No tracking number for DHL still waiting. Not sure how long it takes to recieve a tracking for dhl or how to chase it up
    Any ideas please

Jtbadz
    Participant

I’m getting slightly worried. It took Durham nearly 2 weeks to receive my old passport even tho when i tracked delivery it was delivered on 22nd February.They received documents on the 4th march and I’m travelling 1st April. When should I contact them if I don’t receive it soon?

Application history
    StatusDate
    Documents received 5:37pm on 4 March 2022
    Application received 12:51am on 21 February 2022
    Application submitted 12:50am on 21 February 2022

thepassportwaiter
    Participant

Everything I’ve seen on here (+ my experience) suggests Durham are approving renewals within 7-10 days of acknowledging receipt of old documents. I’d suggest if you haven’t heard anything by ~15th March, you give them a call, but imagine you’ll be fine.

meow1234
    Participant

just a small share. i have submit two times of my renew application to durham. first time inside UK and second time from overseas. for the first time passport office told me form the po box address to dirham office it can take up to three working days. that may be the reason why almost every one say need a week before status update. but in my case i get feedback in the next working day, i think this can related i apply with fast track etc. for my second one was a paper form overseas application. i get an sms form my bank saying my card have been charge some amount. it only 2days after my dhl application delivery to durham office. so i can say they mostly receive the document on their desk one day after. but as the target need to maintain. all the things need to wait until the times is ready for update.

britinmelbs
    Participant

Overseas adult renewal:

Applying from Oz. Sent application and passport on 10th Dec, got stuck at Melbourne airport for over a month. Was in calls with passport office after advice and told to mark it as lost.

Waited 2 more weeks for them to put my application as processing on 8 feb. So lost two months because of this!

Now it’s 9 March and many calls and enquiries later still no resolution! Still says professing. They are absolutely useless – phone line doesn’t ever give you any new information. Will be asked to transfer to complaints dept after seeing someone on here mention it.

Due to fly to UK in April so going down the emergency document route I think.

hornet-offer-0m
    Participant

I am also from Melbourne Australia and you’ve inspired me to share my story because it’s much the same lol.

I submitted my application for first adult UK passport on 2nd December, sent all of my documentation (express post) on 9th December (article received by Australia Post on 9th December)

It was finally delivered to the Durham office on 26th Jan, and subsequently marked as documents received on the 3rd of Feb.

I am now waiting for my application outcome which still says application being processed since 3rd Feb.

The passport page on the Gov site ( https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/hm-passport-office/about-our-services ) indicates the typical processing times as of 06/03 is 6 weeks for applying for your first passport. Last week it said 5 weeks..

6 weeks for me will be the end of next week (18/03) so I am eagerly awaiting the outcome. I am not in a rush so I haven’t bothered to call them up rather sitting patiently waiting for my shiny new passport.

Will write back once I get the outcome.. Glad to know I’m not the only one though. All the best! 🙂

hs99
    Participant

I am applying from the UK for an adult renewal passport (my old passport was a childs) it’s been stuck at processing for 2 weeks now. Getting worried as a lot of people who I know applied after me and already have theirs. I’ve called but they said I just have to wait the standard 10 weeks. Here is mine:
    Application being processed 12:30pm on 24 February 2022
    Documents received 7:36pm on 23 February 2022
    Application received 10:11am on 14 February 2022
    Application submitted 10:10am on 14 February 2022
    Has anyone else’s been stuck on being processed for a while? Hoping it gets approved soon! Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.