Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    seasea123
    Participant

Good morning, I am hoping somebody can help me. I have applied for a first time child’s passport on January 29th, sent all documents to Durham and they have acknowledged receipt of documents on February 14th, but no further progress from this? Has anyone had any recent experience with waiting times for child’s first time passport when the documents have been sent to Durham.

Also does anyone know if you receive a SMS/ email at every update in the application? I am checking the tracker atleast ten times a day and I just wonder is this a waste of time if they normally send SMS to update?

itsjustkay86
    Participant

My husbands passport was with Durham and it was for a name change / renewal. Here are his processing times so hope they help! His passport came through the door today just before 3:30

Passport printed and sent 3:22pm on 21 February 2022
    Application approved 8:38pm on 18 February 2022
    Documents received 11:49am on 11 February 2022
    Application received 3:41pm on 1 February 2022
    Application submitted 3:41pm on 1 February 2022

I hope these help anyone still waiting on updates for theirs

thepassportwaiter
    Participant

My adult passport renewal was sent to Durham. Submitted online 12th Feb, signed for at the Durham office on 15th, and marked as Documents received today (23rd) at 15:30, making it ~8 days to receipt from delivery. Fingers crossed my new passport is approved soon – I’m due to travel mid-March…

ros1e
    Participant

Very worried I’ve made a huge mistake. I only have 26 days between sending my application and my trip.

Would be great to hear about any recent experiences with the Durham office. Mine is a standard online adult renewal.

Applied online: 21st Feb
    Passport was delivered by Royal Mail: 23rd Feb
    Supposed to be flying: Sun 20th March

KayleighB03
    Participant

I recently applied for my passport so I’ll attach my dates below if it helps!

Applied: 28th January 2022
    Sent old Passport: 30th January 2022
    Old Passport received: 10th February 2022
    Photo Rejected: 17th February 2022
    New photo submitted: 17th February 2022
    Application Approved: 18th February 2022
    New passport sent out: 21st February 2022
    New passport received: 22nd February 2022

With my passport application I did ring the passport office and email them twice, because I was worried about the time taking for them to say they had received my passport, when I had to resubmit my photo I called them and they did say if I’ve heard nothing about my application being approved, and it’s getting close to the date I need to travel (which is the 6th of March) they can look into fast tracking my passport for me.
    So the best advice I can offer, is call them if you’re worried about not receiving your passport in time and see what they can offer you. So far it’s looking like 7-10 to acknowledge receiving your old passport, then a week to approve it, and a day or two to send your new one out.
    Hope this helps, and I hope you receive yours in time 🙂

thepassportwaiter
    Participant

Thanks Kayleigh, that’s really helpful. I’ve got travel coming up on the 11th March, and currently at documents received stage since last Wednesday. Hopeful to be approved within the next week, but if not I’ll be chasing. When you called, were you phoning the generic passport helpline?

KayleighB03
    Participant

By the way things are looking, especially in my case, its taking 7 days for them to approve your application from acknowledging your documents, so next week you should receive some news, fingers crossed! I called the generic helpline yes, 0300 222 0000
    I also contacted them via their contact form, but this takes 3 days for them to reply, calling them was a much quicker way of sorting everything out. I hope this helps 🙂

seasea123
    Participant

Hi there, I got my little ones passport today so thought it would be helpful to add my dates- very pleased- this was a first time application.

Application submitted 29th January
    Documents received 14th February
    Application approved 23rd Feb
    Passport printed and posted 24th Feb
    Arrived today 28th February.

Bethany25769
    Participant

hi does anyone have any idea how to email the passport interview line as the person processing my application needs it because i need it by certain date.

thepassportwaiter
    Participant

No idea I’m afraid. For obvious reasons I think they’re reluctant to give out email addresses for specific offices. I’d suggest you call the helpline and ask to be put through to the examiner at Durham, if that’s where you sent your passport.

Bethany25769
    Participant

hi i did that and they said they didn’t have one so i have no idea what to do

ros1e
    Participant

Thanks for adding your timeline thepassportwaiter

Would you be able to update us when you receive your passport?

I’m a few days behind you and rather stressed!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by ros1e.
    thepassportwaiter
    Participant

Will do Rosie. I’m getting really anxious myself with travel booked for next Friday…

thepassportwaiter
    Participant

Approved at midnight last night! So in total that was 8 days from actual delivery to “Documents received” then a further 8 days to approved. Now just have to hope delivery is swift – otherwise feeling SO relieved

ros1e
    Participant

Such brilliant news! Thank you for the update. Would be great to know when it arrives also.

I’m on day 8 but mine is still not received. Fingers crossed!

Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.