Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    cmichelle89
    Participant

I’m so frustrated. I posted previously here my timeline(standard adult renewal):

Application submitted online: 20th February
    Old passport sent off: 21st February
    Passport signed for: 22nd February
    Documents showing as received: 7th March

After my documents were received, I was asked to write a letter explaining water damage on my passport (10th March). I sent the letter off the same day and it was signed for by the Durham office on 11/03.

And I’ve had absolutely nothing since, just reminders from them to send the required documents. I’ve rang the helpline so many times and been told a different thing each time – firstly I rang to check if this would delay my application, the advisor said no. I rang back after a week to see if I could find out if my letter had been added to my application and was told it took 8 working days for them to acknowledge documents. I rang back after 8 working days and got told it would be 10 working days. I called back again this morning and was told it’s now 11 working days to acknowledge the letter, so it seems as though the customer service ‘help’ line just move the goal posts every time you call. I pushed and pushed to speak to someone different or the actual office dealing with my application but was told nothing can be done, all they can do is raise a complaint. When I asked if a complaint would speed up my application they said no, also she said that applications waiting for additional information are put on hold so the very first adviser I spoke to gave incorrect information. So I’m at a loss as to what the helpline is actually there for – I know a few people on this thread have called up and it’s seemed to progress there application, if so what did you say or do to actually get them to take action? I think someone said they also contacted their local MP – did this work in moving the application forward?

I’m due to travel on the 26th April, so there is still time, but it seems as though my application has ground to a halt whereas I can see from this forum people who have sent their application after me already have their passports.

Gary42
    Participant

Thanks for everyones help on here, new passport was delivered on Saturday which means we can fly out on Wednesday. We had pretty much given up hope. Overall its been a nightmare and so stressful. Here are our timelines for child renewal if helpful:

25th Feb – submitted via post office check n send
    3rd March – application received
    7th March – waiting for examination
    24th March – application approved/gone to print
    26th March – passport received

Calling the helpline can get really different results, so keep trying.

I would also suggest that if anyone gets a TNT tracking confirmation you can actually organise with them to collect it from their depot.

Good luck and thanks

GPopp
    Participant

Gary42 – how do you collect direct from TNT? Which depot do you need to get from and how do you know?

worriedgroom22
    Participant

Hi all!

Kind of wishing I didn’t discover this website and its fourm! Haha!

Here’s my timeline for a replacement of a damaged passport after our dog decided to use it as a chew toy!

Application submitted: 17 Feb 2022
    Passport recieved at Peterborough (via Royal mail tracked): 18 Feb 2022
    Documents Received: 28 Feb 2022
    Documents sent to Durham: 3 March 2022
    Application being processed/waiting for examiner: 11 March 2022

Our honeymoon is booked for the 16 May, so hoping we’ve got plenty of time.

Just starting to worry, as i’ve never gone through the dreaded ‘application being processed’ wait. We got told the 10 week time scale start from when they recieved at Durham on the 3rd, adding essentially 2 weeks onto the wait.

Would love to hear any sucess stories after going into the ‘processing’ stage!

Gary42
    Participant

Find out from the passport office, which branch is dealing with your application (this is the Durham forum so id assume its that)

TNT will use the your application number as the tracking number, so try their website. It should ask for a number and your post code.

Then call TNT 0345 608 0640 and ask if you can collect it.

HLK
    Participant

Where is the TNT collection location for passports issued by Durham please?

pkenny12
    Participant

Does anyone roughly know how long it’s taking a Durham.
    We applied online 30/1 , sent documents, and went into processing 21/2.
    We got a letter on the 16/3 to day they needed more documents. I sent them and they were signed for last Monday. Is it quick once they upload them once you’ve sent extra documents.
    We fly in 4 and half weeks and now debating wether we should do fast track.

Thank you

worriedgroom22
    Participant

Hi PKenny12,

It’s taking about two weeks for info sent in the post to be ‘linked’ to applications. I suspect your application is actually with an examiner as apposed to mine which is “waiting for an examiner”. Therefore I think you won’t have to wait long for yours to be approved after then. Although I am no authority on this!

Please do keep us posted on how you get on. I am also considering the fast track route, but we’ve been told conflicting methods to do so.

pkenny12
    Participant

Thank you worriedgroom22,
    I’m hoping that, that’s the case. I think I might hold out 2 more weeks and then see if we’ve not had it approved I’ll have to fast track it.
    I hope your not waiting to much longer.
    But I will defo give an update when we get one. X

hs99
    Participant

Hi all, I recieved my call back today from the processing team and she said there’s such a backlog especially at the Durham office! Great 🙁 she said mine is actually with an examiner rather than waiting to be processed but I don’t know how true this is or whether she was just trying to get me off the phone I have no idea. I wonder why they ask for extra supporting documents for renewals if you’ve already had a passport? Before this forum I had no idea they’d ask for extra documents. I haven’t been asked to send anything ( touch wood!! ) really hoping it gets approved soon. Good luck everyone

worriedgroom22
    Participant

Hi hs99,

Not good news about the backlog, but i’m not suprised!

Great news about being allocated an examiner! Hopefully it’s not too long now.

How did you get someone from the processing team to call you?

hs99
    Participant

Hiya worriedgroom22 I called the normal HMPO number and I asked them to put in a call back to the processing team for me, I called on Friday and she advised 48 hours so I called again today and she said unfortunately she will need to put in another call back and I’ll have to wait 72 hours but a few hours later I got a call from them! So im not sure which call actually got me the call back haha! But the lady at the processing team was alot more helpful than the normal number, she said it doesn’t look like anyone’s asked me for further documents as of yet but its a good thing it’s actually with an examiner so should hopefully hear something soon. I really hope this is the case. But it’s definitely worth asking for a call back, you never know! Hope this helps 🙂

hs99
    Participant

Also worriedgroom22 did you send your passport to Peterbrough and they sent it on to Durham? Or did you have to send additional documents? Not very fair how you have to wait extra weeks even though they had your passport and your application

worriedgroom22
    Participant

Ahh okay, I might try that next week!

I’m trying not to get myself into a panick this early on. I also have a wedding to worry about before! haha

Yes, I was advised to send to Peterborough when I submittied my application on the 17th. I only found out today that its currenlty being delt with Durham.

I did think it was strange I got two seperate texts (one on the 28th Feb and 3rd March) saying they had received our documents.

Hoping that you will have good news in a couple of days and that I’m a few weeks behind you!

worriedgroom22
    Participant

I’ve only been asked to send the old passport.

I’m assuming either Peterborough is super busy and is sending excess applications around to different offices, or that being mine is a odd case with it being a damaged passport it needed to be reviewed at their head office??

It’s just a guessing game at this point.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.