Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    katez1992
    Participant

Can someone please help. I’m still waiting for for son passport (renewal) that’s been in process for 2weeks now I applied on the 21st February Iv received my daughter back what I applied on the same day as my sons but it’s just still saying his is in process. I foy out 1week today and get get married on the 17th the only reason why I’m worried coz if I cancel my wedding my sister won’t be able to make it as she got diagnosed with cancer and we don’t no yet what the outcome gonna be

AnnieS
    Participant

After a tricky and stressful passport renewal experience I have started a government petition. Please do sign it to help everyone on this forum:

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/612738

Reform UK passport application tracking and options to fast-track applications
    We want the Government to:
    1. Improve passport tracking information so accurate, detailed and real-time information is available online for all passport applications.
    2. Allow the option to fast-track any passport application (for a fee) for any reason.

More details
    My recent experience of passport renewals has highlighted the need for the passport application system, and the tracking information provided to customers throughout the application process, to be overhauled.

There is a lack of communication in the system, which can cause a lot of stress. In addition, there is a lack of flexibility in the system for existing applications.

jb22f
    Participant

So apparently after being in processing since the 10th march, they are waiting on a letter to say why the passport was damaged. I’ve sent numerous emails and phone calls for weeks to be told I didn’t need anything was just waiting on an examiner to this today. We are supposed to fly on the 14th so I’m raging.

pkenny12
    Participant

Jb22f – I know how you feel, we’ve just been told our daughters is printing after 10 weeks of being messed around. On Friday we got a notification saying it had moved from online application to paper application and got a text saying we would have to wait Another 10 weeks!!
    Numerous calls and long waits it got sent to management and approved within hours. I hope you have some luck and get it back before your holiday. X

amirun87
    Participant

I have just been told my application has changed to a paper application today but nothing more of waiting additional weeks. No other information. How did you manage to speak to a manager?

Passportwait
    Participant

Sorry for sounding dumb but what do u all mean by saying it’s changed to paper application

pkenny12
    Participant

Amirun87 – I rang up Friday as soon as it went to paper application, as didn’t understand why it had done this. We got put on the list for call back.
    Monday someone rang us and escalated it to the examiner. With both application numbers. Later in the day I got the 10 weeks text . Rang again and waiting 2hrs for the processing team and he told me that it had been escalated to a manager and it was approved within hours and gone straight to central print.
    I’m not sure wether it’s because we were at the 10 weeks mark already or not.

Passportwait- I’m not to sure no one could work out why we had been given a second application number for the passport. So they had to link it to the original and escalate it. Which was approved and sent to print within 6 hours.

Passportwait
    Participant

Ok thanks, glad your finally getting somewhere with yours now, anyone know how long they take to answer phone 🤔

jb22f
    Participant

I’ve sent it special delivery guaranteed before 1pm tomorrow. The guy on the phone today said he has also put a note in. Im just upset more because they havent told me until today they are waiting for a letter. If there is no movement on it tomorrow I’m going to ask for it to be escalated to management as well as that’s just ridiculous. Im glad you are finally getting sorted.

Passportwait
    Participant

I spoke to a lovely man yesterday from the passport office, he’s wrote a note on my file to the examiner for them to update me as haven’t heard anything and also if I need to send anything else in as it’s a change of surname I’m wanting on the renewal passport, really hope I hear soon

pkenny12
    Participant

Jb22f – it took them ages to tell us we need to send a full birth cert. Applied 30/1 and got the letter 16/3. I don’t get why it takes so long for them to let us know.

Passportwait, I hope you get an update soon, this passport stuff is so stressful xx

Passportwait
    Participant

Tell me about it, thought buying a house was stressful but this is on another level 🤯🤯

Upsidedown
    Participant

Why does it take so long to say they’ve received the documents? It’s over 3 weeks now.

beckyelizabeth24
    Participant

Does anyone have a phone number for the Durham office? I’m trying to get an original application withdrawn so that the fast track can start to be processed. Apparently the call centre has no number for Durham but I don’t believe this!!

Passportwait
    Participant

03001231973 I rang this number and the guy was very helpful, the number online I find they can’t be bothered to help or even look at your application

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.