Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Yasmine
    Participant

Hi Gemski91 – This is far as I’ve got so far. I will keep you updated because I’m only slightly ahead of you! I’ve seen a lot of people being stuck in the Application being processed stage for a long while.

Application being processed
    12:53pm on 25 June 2020
    Documents received
    9:02am on 25 June 2020
    Application received
    11:13am on 18 June 2020
    Identity details received
    Email sent to person confirming your identity
    10:54am on 18 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity
    10:47am on 18 June 2020
    Application submitted

I hope you get some good news soon, I know from the looks of things there’s no order in which they are doing it in which is strange.

ColinM
    Participant

@Gemski91 I applied for an adult renewal online on 15th June and sent the old passport on 17th June guaranteed delivery, the post office tracking showed it was delivered and signed for at 8.09 on the 18th June. Not heard anything since and the application is only showing application received on 15th June 2020. I just called them and they will not give any updates or current expected processing times. He would only say that the application has been received but it is not showing updated on the application history, not sure how he knew this as he would not even take my application reference to check it. He said they will only look at escalating applications for official government business or compassionate reasons. I have flights booked in a week and I presumed 3 weeks was enough when I made the application but it looks like I might have to cancel them. Frustrating because there are people posting on here that have applied and sent documents after I did and they have received their passports back already. Don’t bother phoning they won’t give any information or even take your reference number.

Yasmine
    Participant

First Child Passport from start to finish, Durham Office.

Just awaiting the arrival of the passport now. Fantastic services provided by HM Passport.

Passport printed and sent
    9:51pm on 1 July 2020
    Application approved
    12:38pm on 1 July 2020
    Application being processed
    12:53pm on 25 June 2020
    Documents received
    9:02am on 25 June 2020
    Application received
    Identity details received
    Email sent to person confirming your identity
    10:54am on 18 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity
    Application submitted

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Yasmine.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Yasmine.
    ClaireC
    Participant

Yasmine, your application seems to have breezed through the system. May I ask, were exceptional reasons put forward which expedited the process? Many thanks

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by ClaireC. Reason: Added name
    Yasmine
    Participant

@ClaireC I let my MP know my circumstances, I had the evidence ready but they never asked for it.

mark
    Participant

Adult renewal online, New Passport was Blue.

Passport Received 2 July 2020
    Passport printed and sent 29 June 2020
    Application approved 26 June 2020
    Documents received 25 June 2020
    Application received 16 June 2020
    Application submitted. 16 June 2020

ClaireC
    Participant

Ah I see, thank you. I have been waiting since 31/5, but for us progress has been so very slow!

Gemski91
    Participant

@OwBrH

I am now on hold hoping to speak to someone, to just check on the documents as they were received 9 days ago. Some people seem to be getting through great. It’s very confusing. I will update here once I have spoken to someone and let you know what they say.

**Edit**
    I was listening to the lovely hold music, and was content with the waiting time, opted to stay on the line rather than do a callback, however, as I posted this, I was automatically put through to the callback option… Magic!!! anyway, now I just sit and wait for the call, so again, I will update once I have spoken with someone. Though I am not holding my breath.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Gemski91.
    Gemski91
    Participant

@colinm

Is there any way you can change the flights and explain it’s a covid-19 issue? They may cooperate then?

The only reason I have applied now for a passport is because the virus changed a wedding date for my mum and the airlines wouldn’t change the flights or cancel them, as the flight is still going ahead. So, she got me cheap flights with her and we are having a holiday together. I have never been abroad so I am praying it goes ahead!!

Please keep us posted on your progress. I thought my documents may have shown up by now. @Yasmine applied a day before me and has been successful up to this point so I am hopeful! Although, I am wondering if first child passports are being dealt with quicker? Who knows, there doesn’t seem to be any specific rhyme or reason to their working practices at the moment.

OwBrH
    Participant

@Gemski91 Mine were received today (actually received and signed for on (23/7) – a couple of hours ago. I had that exact same issue when I called in! Hopefully you will be updated soon.

claireldavis
    Participant

Child renewal

Application received 14th June
    Old passport received 24th June
    Application approved 30th June
    Received 3rd July

We feel very lucky as we have flights booked on Sunday so were cutting it very fine!

BeckyEB
    Participant

First Child Passport

Application being processed – 12 June 2020
    Documents received – 11 June 2020
    Application received – 4 June 2020
    Identity details received – 4 June 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity – 3 June 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity – 3 June 2020
    Application submitted – 3 June 2020

We’ve not booked anything yet but we’ve found somewhere for 23rd August, not sure whether to take the risk and book it hoping it’s plenty of time for the passport to arrive.

sam82
    Participant

Thank you Durham, fabulous work.
    Child’s first passport, blue received.
    Passport delivered: 03 July 2020
    Passport printed and sent: 01 July 2020
    Application approved: 29 June 2020
    Application being processed: 10 June 2020
    Documents received: 09 June 2020
    Application received: 31 May 2020
    Identity details received: 31 May 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity: 30 May 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity: 30 May 2020
    Application submitted: 30 May 2020

sam82
    Participant

Thank you Durham, fabulous work.
    Adult Renewal with name change, blue received.
    Passport delivered: 03 July 2020
    Passport printed and sent: 1 July 2020
    Application approved: 29 June 2020
    Application being processed: 15 June 2020
    Documents received: 15 June 2020
    Documents posted: 01 June 2020
    Application received: 31 May 2020
    Identity details received: 31 May 2020
    Email sent to person confirming your identity: 30 May 2020
    Ask someone to confirm your identity: 30 May 2020
    Application submitted: 30 May 2020

iain
    Participant

I would like to know why my application appears to be ignored by the Passport Office?
    Applied on line 3rd June. Photo and form all accepted. They requested Old Passport be returned and took Payment on 3rd June.
    Returned old Passport by Recorded Delivery 4th June. Passport Office acknowledged receipt 10th June.
    11th June Passport being processed.
    19th June sent a request via online for information, they say they reply in 24 hours.
    23rd June no reply so called them. Were told exactly what we could see on screen, Passport being processed!
    Received an answer to online form on 24th June saying exactly the same, Passport being processed.
    Today 3rd July, still nothing! Called 3 times and each time after holding for several minutes automatically put through to call back system. We could not speak to them! So filled out yet another on line information form.
    How do you get your Passport? Do they think because I am Scottish that I don’t need it? I have been in lockdown with my partner in Oxford since 20th March, staying safe to ensure we could travel asap. We are waiting to travel and have already had to cancel one ferry.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.