Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Passportwait
    Participant

Anyone had there passport approved recently

thegoogly
    Participant

Nope. I’m still waiting. Been in processing stage since 18th March

jb22f
    Participant

I had my sons approved on Fri and printed and sent the same day. Went to pick it up from tnt yesterday. I was the 4th of March documents received so I think they should be dealing with documents received on the 8th today. That’s the way they seem to be working it for the majority of people.

Passportwait
    Participant

My documents were received on the 14th March and processing on the 16th, I have rung a few time but last time spoke to someone so rude and wouldn’t tell me anything except just wait, so glad u finally have your passport now fingers crossed won’t be long for the rest of us

Passportwait
    Participant

Just got through and spoke to someone, there is no point in ringing to see what’s going on as they can’t tell u anything it’s just waiting to be seen by an examiner, I really feel like giving up

passportproblems
    Participant

So long story! I’ll try and make it as simple as possible!

Applied 3 daughters passports March 5th,
    2 to Liverpool and one to Glasgow. 3 in Liverpool no problems both back by the 20th March!

The other one is another story! After taking a long time for them to acknowledge the old passport I was wrongly told to report the passport lost!

Documents then received 2 days later, after lots of calls had the lost report removed so the passport could still be used as documentation. After a week had another text to say docs received again! It seems the passport was moved to Durham. Still not a great situation. Finally changed to processing on the 30th March. And today still no change, apparently waiting to be examined although it had been marked as urgent as we are due to travel soon.

So update, still processing. We travel to Florida on the 5th May. I have now been given details to fast track on the new system?! I have sent an email to the london office to be processed! Not heard anything yet, but I’m hopeful it won’t be long.

worriedgroom22
    Participant

Hi all,

Wanted to update you on our application – feel free to click on my responses to see our specific situation.

Timeline:

Passport Recieved: 13 April 2022
    Passport printed: 12 April 2022
    Application approved: 12 April 2022
    Application being processed: 11 March 2022
    Documents internally sent to Durham: 05 March 2022
    Documents received (to peterbourgh): 28 February 2022
    Old Passport recorded as being delivered: 18 February 2022
    Application received: 17 February 2022
    Application submitted: 17 February 2022

Incredibly stressfull process. Multiple calls to HMPO to be told different things. We even contacted our MP.

Finally got told after calling on 6th April to write a letter explaning damage to the passport, as all replacement applications require a description of how the damaged occured regardless of doing it on the online application. When I asked why I was not previously told he said no-one had actually looked at the passport application by that point. We got told about the new upgrade process on that day to get passport fast tracked as we were traveling within two weeks.

We got a call from an examiner on the 11th, he gave us a choice as he was about to approve the application normally. He could approve it to go to central print (with all the delays about two weeks) or pay for the ‘upgrade’ and the would print locally like all fast tracked appointments. We paid the extra amount (around £70).

My advice would be to keep trying to call HMPO we ended up getting in touch with a VERY helpful chap from the customer service management team who told us about the letter and what exactly to write. I think our application was always going to get ‘looked at’ on the 11th, so was really lucky we had sent the additional letter stating the damage and we intend to upgrade the application.

HongKong8888
    Participant

Overseas renewal:

New passport arriving via DHL on 19th April.

Application history

Passport printed 1:40pm on 12 April 2022
    Application approved 4:48pm on 11 April 2022
    Documents received 2:34pm on 30 March 2022
    Application received 9:32am on 27 February 2022
    Application submitted 9:31am on 27 February 2022

MaxNRG
    Participant

@HongKon8888 am interested in your timeline (assuming you sent from HK) as I sent my passport from HK on April 4th, signed for in Durham April 8th. When was your passport signed for?

Hope you get your passport on the 19th!

Passportwait
    Participant

Anyone know if they working today for the passports

HongKong8888
    Participant

Hi Max, they signed for it on the 10th then it appeared to vanish.

Dont worry too much, I think they are pretty good despite all the horror stories online.

nt123
    Participant

Hi all, my application has been in processing since March 15th.. Have any applications around these dates been approved?

passportnohope
    Participant

Hope you have better luck than me getting your passport. I completed my 2 daughters passport applications at the same time as my husbands passport renewal. All 3 sent to different places. One daughter received her passport 2 weeks later. My second daughter received hers after 5 weeks and my husband missed our family holiday and is still processing after over 7 weeks. Passport office was no help after repeated calls. One finally said if I emailed we could maybe upgrade but then they emailed with a phone number that kept cutting out. Terrible service that people forget we actually have the pleasure of payinh for. Disgraceful.

Passportwait
    Participant

Mine have been processing now for 5 weeks with no movement, 6 weeks since I applied to renew the passport, surly it’s got to start moving now

Passportwait
    Participant

1 1/2 hours on phone waiting to speak to someone and still waiting for them to answer 🤬🤬

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.