Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    es1202
    Participant

Hi I’m having similar issues!
    I sent my passport to Durham office on 11th April. RM tracking said it had been signed for by durham on 12th April.
    The passport office sent me a text today saying I still need to send off my old passport but according to Royal Mail theyve signed for it already
    im feeling pretty stressed and anxious and can’t even ring up to talk to anyone or use the web chat as they say it’s too busy
    im meant to fly on 7th july
    has anyone else had this problem of receiving a text?
    please help someone!

MaxNRG
    Participant

I had the same experience getting a text to send my documents after they were already signed for by someone at Durham. I think it’s just some automated notification. I’m going to give it till a month after my documents were signed for (April 8th) then make some noise. I am abroad and need my passport by June otherwise I will have an issue!

Upsidedown
    Participant

We got the same automated texts – the last time it said that our application would be cancelled and no refund given if documents were not received by May. I phoned and got through to a person who emailed the Durham office with all our details, including the RM tracking number, and the documents were officially received a few days later.

Passportwait
    Participant

Sent mine the 10th March, processing since 16th March and still waiting, ringing once a week and they keep saying it’s waiting on an examiner to look at it, 7 weeks processing Wednesday, it’s a p*ss take to be fair, u speak to someone for an update and they can’t tell u anything

scoey1001
    Participant

First adult passport applied for online via Durham office;

Application history

Passport printed 1:53pm on 25 April

Application approved 9:00pm on 21 April

Documents received 1:55pm on 19 April

Application received 2:24pm on 2 April

Application submitted 2:24pm on 2 April

As someone said above it seems best to apply online.

StacyRob82
    Participant

I applied online for my first adult passport, 11th March, has been shown as Application being Processed since 29th March!! I’m due to fly this Friday…. I have called numerous times and been told its passed its checks, but has no date for printing!!
    I’m absolutely devestated as was going away for my 40th. Been told there is nothing they can do. It’s at Durham. Been waiting on a call back since last Tuesday, despite me calling them back every other day! Funming

amber9514
    Participant

Have you applied for the 2 week upgrade service?

StacyRob82
    Participant

Is that the same as fasttrack? I was told I couldn’t fast track as first adult passport

amber9514
    Participant

I’m not too sure if it’s the same as fast track, i no they have the new option to upgrade within 2 weeks of travel, I’ll have a read up and see if it’s differnt with first passport and get back to you

jgreenidge85
    Participant

As far as I’ve been told, the upgrade service is eligible to anyone who can prove they are travelling in the next 2 weeks. I I applied in February and still in the processing stage and fly out end of May, they said as they have had my application for over 10 weeks I can get it expedited 2 weeks before travel at 0 cost, otherwise I would have to pay. I’m surprised they have not mentioned this to you??

amber9514
    Participant

Just been looking online and can’t see anything about not being able to upgrade on a first time passport. Give them a call and see if they can give you the details of the upgrade team. Good luck 🤞

StacyRob82
    Participant

One guy was going to upgrade it for me and said I should have the passport in 48hours but when I confirmed it was first adult, they said I couldn’t do this. So frustrating as each operator says something different!!
    I’m in a queue now, see what they say. I appreciate they are busy but I know others who have applied similar time to me and had their’s back 😢
    Thanks for your advice, hope you manage to get sorted soon too

amber9514
    Participant

it’s absolutely ridiculous, it’s like they all just make up what there doing, I’ve had some people I’ve spoken to who have been completely useless and others who couldn’t be more helpful. Hopefully you can get through to someone who knows what there doing and has some compassion! There seems to be no order in how they are processing peoples applications either 🙄 good luck 🤞

jgreenidge85
    Participant

GOOD LUCK

beckyp15
    Participant

My passport application has been sitting at Durham office since 28/3 processing. I’ve just spoken to a lady at Newport office who is going to email them to chase it up as nothing holding it up that she can see.

Viewing 15 posts - 646 through 660 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.