Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    galls
    Participant

mine is at Durham too, been processing since 16th March. I have been told nothing is holding mine up either. I have emailed my MP I have had enough of this! People are applying for passports after me and its getting approved within days and I am 6 weeks down the line and its still sitting ‘processing’

es1202
    Participant

I’ve not even mananaged to get through to talk to anyone yet and i’ve been calling sicne they opened this morning

galls
    Participant

number i have are:

01633 285419 – Newport office

StacyRob82
    Participant

I’m still in a queue, currently at 1hr 25….🙄

Stp
    Participant

Just been told mines now at Durham office after sending it in to Liverpool, not sure exactly when that happened as I’ve contacted them over 5 times and didn’t get told until today.

First adult passport timeline:
    Applied/Confirmed ID/Sent documents 5th March
    Acknowledgment of documents received 29th March
    Processing 1st April

Was told it would be 4 weeks total but now 7 ½ weeks in and all they’ve done in that time is linked my documents, it’s still in a pile waiting to be seen by an examiner.

I’m now guessing that the delay with documents was internal transfer maybe? Wish they’d told me that before I spent money on new birth certificates thinking they’d lost them.

Holiday was booked for 16th may, 73 days after application but rebooking tonight at £600 cost as I have zero confidence in them sending it before then despite being over 10 weeks after.

Passportwait
    Participant

Hi do the number 01633 take ages to answer

StacyRob82
    Participant

Sorry to hear of your horror with this service too!!

I did sit in a queue for 2hours earlier, although I still not much further forward. I’m not sure if this will help but I was given an email for Durham upgrades, if you want to try….

DurhamUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk

Good luck and hope you get sorted soon. 🤞🏼
    I’ve accepted the fact I’m not flying this Friday. Deeply disappointed 😥

Passportwait
    Participant

Don’t know why they have people answering phones as they can’t tell u anything except it’s in a queue waiting to be seen by an examiner, well I know that 🤯🤯, no pony bloody ringing at all 🤬🤬

ChaddyOwl
    Participant

Adult renewal from US. Applied online, and requested to send old passport to Durham.
    I was actually impressed with how easy this was (the online application was very simple). The biggest delay was between my old passport arriving at the Passport Office, and them actually acknowledging that it had arrived. Other than that, everything was pretty fast.
    (* items below are my annotations)

*Received in US (via DHL) 26 April 2022
    Passport printed 10:41am on 20 April 2022
    Application approved 4:44pm on 14 April 2022
    Documents received 5:07pm on 12 April 2022
    *Documents signed for in Durham, 8:44am on 25 March 2022
    *Documents sent to Durham from US, 18 March 2022
    Application received 7:38pm on 18 March 2022
    Application submitted 7:38pm on 18 March 2022

ChaddyOwl
    Participant

@es1202 my application (a renewal from the US) took 18 days from the Post Office confirming delivery in Durham, and the Passport Office updating status to “Documents Received”. During this time I received a number of e-mails asking me to send my old passport. I think it is just taking a long time to get the documents into their system, even after they have physically arrived. If yours is on a similar timeline, it should be changing status within the next few days. Once received, mine went through approval and printing quite quickly, and I just received it today.

MaxNRG
    Participant

Update that my application is now in ‘Documents received’ on 27th April when they were signed for on 8th April, 19 days ago. Timeline almost matching @ChaddyOwl so based on all the updates here I’m hoping for the next status to be Approved in the next 2-3 days and not In Progress…

penfold69
    Participant

Not sure what Durham are playing at, mine were signed for in Durhan on the 8th March but took 34 days before they appeared as being received on the 11th April, the day before @ChaddyOwl, being 16 days and mine are still being processed

Application being processed 5:30pm on 11 April 2022
    Documents received 2:07pm on 11 April 2022
    Application received 6:03am on 20 February 2022
    Application submitted 6:03am on 20 February 2022

Upsidedown
    Participant

@penfold69 mine were signed for in Durham on 14 March but not logged as received until 13 April. The following day moved to processing and have sat there ever since.

Passportwait
    Participant

Just got off the phone to them again, mine have now came out of the queue as of yesterday and is now waiting for the examiner to look at it,still can’t tell me how long as she don’t know how big there work load is, really hope I hear very soon

foxtrotlady
    Participant

Passportwaiting when do you fly?

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.