Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    medgemoo
    Participant

From what I can see it’s when the passorts are going into the processing phase. Not all do this so must be manual or extra checks.

Hope you all get it sorted

Upsidedown
    Participant

That’s what I was hoping but see below:11weeks tomorrow from submission.

Application being processed 2:31pm on 14 April 2022
    Documents received 12:21pm on 13 April 2022
    Application received 5:45am on 24 February 2022
    Identity details received 5:44am on 24 February 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 7:25am on 22 February 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 6:59am on 18 February 2022
    Application submitted 6:59am on 18 February 2022

imedga
    Participant

🙁

lindsay86
    Participant

Has anyone had any luck with the 0300 123 1973 number? I’ve just spent over 3hrs on hold and when they answered they asked how I got the number and we’re really shitty with me saying I shouldn’t ring that number and then hung up! Waiting on my daughters first passport coming back we go away in 2 weeks and they literally won’t give me any updates,(been waiting 9weeks already)I got my sons back from the Newport office over a week ago! How do you go about upgrading to fast track? Thanks

passportneeded22
    Participant

I’ve been watching this page so closely worrying that my child’s renewal wouldn’t come in time.i applied 12 weeks before we was due to fly I sent 1 to Peterbrough and it flew through had it back in 19 days the 1 we sent to Durham took 20 days to upgrade to even say they received documents but after that was updated we had it back with in 6 days this was our time scale
    Passport printed10:19am on 3 May 2022Application approved4:51pm on 29 April 2022Documents received10:13am on 28 April 2022Application received5:28pm on 9 April 2022Identity details received5:27pm on 9 April 2022Email sent to person confirming your identity5:14pm on 9 April 2022Ask someone to confirm your identity5:07pm on 9 April 2022Application submitted5:07pm on 9 April 2022

Stp
    Participant

@lindsay86 – that’s the number I use now as the other was useless and all they do is say we’ll call you back.
    I do think it’s the number for the Liverpool office though and my application started there so that could be why? In the 5 times I’ve called it they’ve always just taken my details, not had anyone say I shouldn’t be calling it.

To everyone else stuck in processing, I called today and mines still in the queue after 5 weeks, not even picked up by an examiner yet so you’re probably looking at a similar wait. Seems to be around 6 weeks wait currently.

David Gartside
    Participant

This is the timeline for First passport(naturalisation) -originally in Liverpool then London now Durham

Submitted 11 March 2022
    Docs received 29 March 2022 (signed for on 14 March)
    Application being Processed 29 April 2022

All in all pretty shambolic – I understand the issue is with the scanning of documents onto the system (outsourced to Sopra Steria) my documents despite being signed for on 13 March 2022 were not scanned until 18 April 2022 – a 5 week delay!

Despite being promised call backs / ability to expedite due to departure date (TODAY 6 MAY 2022) – heard absolutely nothing.

Local MP has been helpful in pushing an expected date of issue but nothing forthcoming other than moving from Liverpool to London then Durham who have more bandwidth (allegedly)

Have moved flights to 20 May 2022 (beyond the 10 weeks a passport should be issued) but given latest average from approved to printed and received is 10 days not looking hopeful.

Nothing appears to be dealt with chronologically despite what you may hear – I have friends (same status) who applied weeks later and have received a passport within 6 weeks.

Karen2000
    Participant

I have been reading this forum for a while. Sent 2 x child renewals off 2 weeks ago. 1 came back very fast (Liverpool). The other one is at Durham and still waiting for the documents to be scanned in. Tried ringing. Either can’t get through or get cut off. Starting to panic that the old passport is lost somewhere at the office? No response to emails. Absolutely no help at all.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 11 months ago by Karen2000.
    Karen2000
    Participant

I have been following this forum for a while. I sent 2 x child renewals on the same date 2 weeks ago. One to Liverpool and one to Durham. Have had the new passport already from Liverpool yet Durham still keeps telling me to send old documents. They were received there nearly 2 weeks. Either can’t get through on phone or get cut off etc. Starting to panic that the old passport has been lost! No help from anywhere. No response to using the online contact form!

staffstraveller
    Participant

Starting to think mine has gone wrong. Applied 16th April old passport signed for on the 20th. Tracking still says send your old passport 16 days on. Colleague at work did there’s a week later and has had email update to say it’s being done 🤔

br
    Participant

Child Renewal from HK

Passport received – 7 May
    Passport printed – 2 May
    Application approved – 29 April
    Documents received – 12 April
    Docs signed for as received – 28 March
    Sent from HK – 24 March
    Application received – 23 March
    Identity details received – 23 March
    Application submitted – 23 March

Tips for those fretting:
    1. If you have travel plans / an urgent need, do call and write in to let them know. If your case is legitimate they will flag this on your file and do not what they can.
    2. If phoning remember the menu sequence to get through to the right team and input the numbers – e.g. 8 then 3 – so as to not have to spend 5 minutes listening to automated messages each time

RachMac
    Participant

Application received 14th March
    Processing since 21st March

So frustrating. Have a few weeks to play with but still can’t help but worry when others have been waiting so long. So stressful

barbnu
    Participant

Just to further update on my saga. My fourth application is sitting with Durham to be looked at by an examiner. The helpdesk themselves have said it’s ‘highly unlikely’ that it’ll be processed within the 10wk service level agreement simply due to the volume of applications. It only needs to be looked at by an examiner because it was passed from Peterborough to Durham (for some unknown reason). HMPO won’t do anything until 14days prior to travel. They can upgrade at that date but there’s no guarantee that they’ll actually deliver. The end of the SLA and the 14 days to travel overlap. It’s an utter shitshow!

staffstraveller
    Participant

Over 3 weeks “in the post room” now is apparently normal. Did a check to see why I am still getting a send old passport message, that was the reply.
    Mate T work submitted 10 days ago and his is recognised already. It’s pretty much evidential that there is a shambles going on.

It’s becoming being denied the right to travel now, how can anyone plan anything with this set up. Ridiculous.

MumsPPT
    Participant

Durham vs London Fast-Track

Hi, I really need some advice if anybody can give some guidance 🙂

Applied for Mum’s adult renewal online on 25th March.
    Says documents (old passport) received 12th April. Nothing since.
    I’ve called the advice lines, they said to upgrade, email the Durham address. I’ve done this on Saturday, got an automated response. Haven’t heard anything since.

Today I went on the Fast-Track appointment site and refreshed like crazy for hours and hours, until an appointment for the London office popped up for tomorrow and quickly booked it (We live in London). It took several attempts as the appointments went in a flash.

I went to the post office and got two application forms in case I screw one up.

My question is:

What should I do.
    Should I declare the passport I sent in to Durham renewal as lost and start a new application under 1-week fast track? Has anybody had success with this?
    Should I just go to the appointment and advise of the travel date (17th May) and ask to Withdraw the other one and start the 1-week one? Will they do that?

Any insight would be really appreciated. Mum is due to travel on 17th May and as you can imagine, super stressed.

Thanks,
    DJ

Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.