Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    CJames1702
    Participant

Hello Mums,

You can’t have two applications ongoing, as you have said you have already applied online you wouldn’t be able to go to the appointment as to upgrade this you would need to have emailed the upgrade address after calling them to advise them you wanted to update your current application.

As if you upgrade like this their is no need to attend an appointment as long as they have received the documents.

Update on application for me today.

Adult online renewal

Passport received – 10 May
    Passport signed for at Durham – 28 April
    Application received – 27 April
    Application submitted – 26 April

MaxNRG
    Participant

@the_passport_journey You are fortunate as your application has leapfrogged many submitted in March and earlier in April. Good for you and perhaps hope they can process requests, just annoying for those that are waiting (my passport was signed for 20 days before yours on April 8th and was logged as received on April 27th with no updates since…) One question did you get either a processing or approved status after your documents were signed for?

TheTick
    Participant

Stepson applied online, was due to fly to.o4ow with his gf and her family….

Application being processed 4:13pm on 12 April 2022
    Documents received 1:17pm on 11 April 2022
    Application received 8:57am on 26 March 2022
    Identity details received 8:57am on 26 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 8:52pm on 24 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 8:49pm on 24 March 2022
    Application submitted 8:49pm on 24 March 2022

So far 30 days for processing, got a very dejected 18 year old now :'(

tl1984
    Participant

Adult Renewal.

Was received on Fri 29th April. Just been updated passport received on 12th May.

Ryan07
    Participant

Adult Renewal

I fly to (if I’m lucky) Portugal 18th June, and sent my passport next day tracked 1pm 6th April – little late but all my friend done there’s 2 weeks prior and had them within 3 weeks so wasn’t too concerned.

Application submitted 6:37pm on 5 April 2022
    Application received 6:38pm on 5 April 2022
    Sent next day tracked 1pm 6 April 2022
    Confirmed with Post Office this was received 7th April 2022

It is now 12 May 2022 and still heard nothing from Passport Office of receipt.

Tried calling numerous times but never get through and now know that advisor will not know anymore than I do so pointless, webchat always unavailable and also tried an enquiry but no response yet.

All I can think about is the major FOMO I am gonna have if all my friends are there and my girlfriend, while I chill in the house haha.

Really wish I can just show up to the office, take my passport back and do the premium service. Just a sitting duck until I can attempt emailing the HMPO email 2 weeks prior and hope that actually work.

Traveller1925
    Participant

We did a standard renewal on line for our 2 adult passports on 22/4/2022, with a pre validated photograph from a photoshop in town.
    Mine was sent to Bootle & my wife’s sent to Durham.
    Basically mine took 8 days to arrive, my wife’s 20 days
    The only concern we had was after mine arrived it still took another 6 days for Durham to acknowledge they’d received my wife’s, but once they had it processed quite quickly

Application submitted 22/4/2022
    Send us your old passport email 23/4/2022 11:10
    Arrived at office & signed for (Post office Tracker) 25/4/2022
    Old passport received 6/5/2022 17:53 (passport office email)
    Passport application approved 10/05/2022 01:47 (passport office email)
    New passport has been printed 11/05/2022 07:53 (passport office email)
    Passport delivered by TNT 12/05/2022

c6erb
    Participant

Update on application for me today

Adult online renewal

Application history Status:-

Documents received 3:53pm on 12 May 2022
    Application received 12:12pm on 28 April 2022
    Application submitted 12:11pm on 28 April 2022

kosong
    Participant

Overseas application for first passport of newborn in Singapore.

From documents being delivered to being “received” took three weeks at Durham. Our application is in limbo now. We’re applying for an Emergency Travel Document but even that is unlikely.

Application being processed 3:59pm on 22 April 2022
    Documents received 9:44am on 21 April 2022
    < FedEx confirmed documents delivered and signed 1st April 2022 >
    Application received 10:58am on 29 March 2022
    Identity details received 10:57am on 29 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 1:41pm on 28 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 1:01am on 17 March 2022
    Application submitted 1:01am on 17 March 2022

* Emailed upgrade team Tuesday 10th, no reply, no auto-response.
    * Emailed upgrade team again on the Wednesday 11th, no reply.
    * Emailed them and CC’d the FCDO Emergency Travel Document team, no response.

Yesterday after 4 hours calls to different numbers, disconnections and transfers I finally got through to the “Customer Service Management Team” after 90 minutes of waiting. The person who answered didn’t even ask for our application number etc. just rudely said “there is no upgrade or fast-track for overseas applications” and hung up.

If that’s the case why put us through hours of torture, just tell us from the beginning.

Sorry @MaxNRG. Must be frustrating to see there is not a systematic approach. Just adding a further update for those submitting at a similar time… assuming they will following similar track.

Adult online renewal

Application approved – 13 May
    Passport received – 10 May
    Passport signed for at Durham – 28 April
    Application received – 27 April
    Application submitted – 26 April

@MaxNRG I haven’t got the passport yet, sorry for how I worded that. I had a notification on 10th to say they received document and notification via text today (13th) to say application has been successful.

MaxNRG
    Participant

No worries @the_passport_journey glad to hear that your application is progressing, we all want the same outcome!

I haven’t had any updates for just over two weeks since they acknowledged receipt of my documents 19 days after they were signed for (no processing or approved, just silence after 6 weeks). At this point I just want to know that I’ll get my passport within the 10 week estimate as I have a hard deadline of needing my passport at the latest within 3 months of my application date as I am living abroad and need a new passport to renew my work visa. My old passport was set to expire 4 months after I sent it for renewal which I thought was a reasonable amoint of buffer.

As someone noted on this thread recently there is no fast track option for those of us who are overseas. If I have to return to the UK with an emergency travel document due to not getting a replacement passport within 12 weeks of application I will be livid and out of pocket.

Upsidedown
    Participant

OMG my husband just got an email from the Passport Office asking for the impossible – when submitting the application they asked for a colour photocopy of his existing passport as well as his birth certificate – we sent off both. Now they want the passport he travelled to “his country of residence” on…um not possible, he was 5 years old and it was 50 years ago, he might possibly have been on one of his parents’ passports but I don’t think his mother would still have them this many years later (she let her own UK passport lapse). They are also complaining about the birth certificate, it is the one which he was issued by the Scottish registry because he didn’t have his original, handwritten one.

Ironically our daughter had her passport issued no problems 3 1/2 years ago with the same document in under 2 weeks.

I have advised him to phone them.

Upsidedown
    Participant

The plot thickens…when he got through they looked on the system and said there is nothing missing. They have organised a call back from the person who sent the email.

MaxNRG
    Participant

I just called 0300 2220000 chose Option 3 for current application and the Option 1 since I got a text that my documents were received.

After 25 minutes on hold I talked to a pleasant lady called Julie who checked with a supervisor and confirmed that as I was abroad and need my passport with some urgency to avoid having to leave the country that she would escalate to the ‘Management Group’. She did say that they were busy and that there was a chance I would be disconnected. I asked her to at least note down our conversation if I did need to call back.

After transfer I immediately got a message that they were too busy to take the call. I am now concerned that my application has stalled in abnormal way and so will try calling first thing tomorrow to talk to try and talk to this ‘Management Group’…

Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.