Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Eagles6
    Participant

Has anybody who applied mid March and been in processing since early April received their passport yet?

Jacky
    Participant

`#16706
    Your post now gives me no hope, that’s a ridiculous amount of time. My husbands has been processing since early April, but March? That’s over10 weeks. Have you managed to get through to them in any way?

rayclark
    Participant

MaxNRG, How did DHL notify you with tracking details, text message or email?
    My daughter’s renewal from Singapore has a similar timeline to yours. Approved yesterday 31/05/2022 and waiting for tracking details.

mbond90
    Participant

I’m e got the same times as you. Still waiting…

mikecul
    Participant

Hi All,
    Has anybody had a similar experience to this?

I submitted my application and sent old passport to Newport. This was started on 02/05/22. They received the passport on the 4th (although they updated on the 14th). It has since moved to processing on the 20th but I was told this was because it has been transferred to Durham and it has not been looked at since. I am getting worried especially since I can see so many people have applied after me and had theirs already. It is for a standard online adult renewal

Thanks

Mike

thewaitinggame
    Participant

I think processing may mean there is an issue, so best to ring them up. Ours was a child renewal send 5th May, got it back in just under 3 weeks. It went from old passport received to approved without going through the processing status. If you’re going on holiday fairly soon I would ring them as it’s likely to be in a pile with a query on it, and of course they don’t know if/when people are needing it so not done in priority.

Upsidedown
    Participant

I read that they will be closing for Jubilee week so today is probably the last day anything will happen for a while. We are almost at 16 weeks waiting. It is so frustrating, but at least we are not needing it for immediate travel.

Jacky
    Participant

My husbands was sent and old passport received at Newport on 16th April, since found out by a reply to their online form (after filling in about 10 of them!), that it was sent to Durham waiting to be checked on 20th April, no further updates, just being processed! So frustrating, actually spoke to someone last week after many attempts, to be told that it has been approved – total lies, it really hasn’t been approved. Don’t understand how mine took 17 days and sent same time.

Eagles6
    Participant

Yes, spoke to them 2 weeks ago and they said nothing was wrong and photo looked ok, just had to wait. I believe that there is a huge pile that has been put to one side (submitted in March) and they re focusing on new applications and dealing with these only when they are expedited.

MaxNRG
    Participant

Hi @rayclark,

My timeline after approval was:

Application approved Text: Mon 16th May 2022
    Passport printed and sent: Tue 17th May 2022
    [DHL Tracking Text] : Thu 19th May 2022
    [New passport received] : Mon 23rd May 2022

Passport was collected by DHL on Wed 18th May 2022 and I got a text the day after with the tracking number/URL.

Good Luck.

Jacky
    Participant

Eagles6

Hi, I cannot believe it, after sending many emails everyday marked as urgent, including 4 sent this morning, we have just had a phone call from Durham to say husband’s passport finally approved! Taken 8 weeks. Ten minutes later received the long awaited for email to say approved, ready for printing.

I emailed Durham@hmpo.gov.uk and DurhamUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk

Give it a go. Add all your details, ref, dob, full name and when travelling. We don’t go until July but have to pay balance of holiday in 2 weeks.

Good luck!
    Jacky

Jacky
    Participant

mikecul

Hi, I cannot believe it, after sending many emails everyday marked as urgent, including 4 sent this morning, we have just had a phone call from Durham to say husband’s passport finally approved! Taken 8 weeks. Ten minutes later received the long awaited for email to say approved, ready for printing.

I emailed Durham@hmpo.gov.uk and DurhamUpgradeTeam@hmpo.gov.uk

Give it a go. Add all your details, ref, dob, full name and when travelling. We don’t go until July but have to pay balance of holiday in 2 weeks.

Good luck!
    Jacky

Upsidedown
    Participant

Fantastic result for you @jacky

We have heard nothing new after replying to the email that asked where our letter is.

They seem to have an issue with my husband’s birth certificate. It is a replacement copy issued in 2019 which was previously accepted by them for my daughter’s passport, and he has also used it with no problems to get his Australian passport. We also have an application in for my son which we have heard nothing about, I suppose they can’t do anything with his till the query with his father’s birth certificate is sorted out.

We still don’t know whether they will be required to have an interview and the communication is terrible, made even worse of course by the different time zones.

Eagles6
    Participant

Several chats with the progress team have indicated that the office has linked the wrong passport to my application so it can not be verified. They have agreed to escalate and sent an alert but said, ‘need to give time to respond.’ Having already had 10 weeks this does not fill me with confidence.

wanting3
    Participant

Has anyones passport been approved and printed recently? Mine was approved on 31st May, printed on the 2nd June but no update since. Just wondering how long others were taking to arrive after being printed

Viewing 15 posts - 781 through 795 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.