Durham

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,031 total)
  • Author
    Rapha
    Participant

Re: the urgent upgrade.

Yes, that’s the route I’m trying to go down. I worry I don’t strictly qualify as

a) it’s not a compassionate trip, (other than for my own sanity and wellbeing as I try to shakily return to work after being severely unwell)
    b) I’m not on ‘important government business’ – whatever tf that is these days…

That said, Kevin Foster (Undersecretary, HO) did say: “Where there are compelling reasons for international travel or matters could not have been foreseen, we will always act”.

So I’m hoping they will, given this job opportunity only arose very recently.

He also mentions for MP’s teams:
    • In-person Passport Surgeries with HMPO staff at Portcullis House walk-in hub
    • and an Urgent Enquiries inbox that MPs can sent representations to on constituents’ behalf.

Let’s see what tomorrow brings. I got a text this morning saying they’ve received my old passport at least. I sent it on the 7th June.

Rapha
    Participant

@upsidedown

Totally.

One MP – I forget who – said in one of the backlog debates “While the volume of applications is perhaps unprecedented, Ministers cannot, with a shred of credibility, claim that it was in any way unexpected.”

Our Leadership, there…

As strategic as an out of control shopping trolley ricocheting down the egg aisle.

Nimmy
    Participant

Here’s the thing though, and this is why I am worried; the old passport (my Canadian one in this case) is the passport I used to book my trip and my passport number I booked with has to match the one I will be travelling with. Therefore I can’t use the new UK one they’ll give me lol. I wonder if that’s not the case for you? I always thought you have to travel with the same passport … as the numbers will be different on both.

bobokitty
    Participant

We didn’t book with passport numbers so we can use any passport. Just needs to have a passport to fly and board planes and cross through customs

MEX
    Participant

Standard adult online overseas renewal from Saudi Arabia:

Application submitted on 9 May 2022
    Old passport sent via DHL on 9 May 2022
    Old passport signed for at Durham on 11 May 2022
    Documents received on 31 May 2022
    Application approved on 8 June 2022
    New passport printed on 10 June 2022
    New passport collected by DHL 14 June 2022
    New passport delivered 16 June 2022

38 days from application to delivery.

Good luck to all those waiting for their passport.

Passnos
    Participant

how do you track overseas delivery after the passport is printed? Do you just enter the numbers after PEX into DHL? I swear i saw a poster mention the details

MEX
    Participant

@Passnos

I think the link was: https://www.dhl.com/gb-en/home/our-divisions/global-forwarding/help-and-support/hmpo-delivery-services.html

and you put in the PEX number without the letters. But, this didn’t work for me.

I received an SMS from DHL on the day it was collected with a completely different Airway Bill Number and a link to track the progress.

mikecul
    Participant

Hi All, just wanted to give an update for where I am just so people know some of the difficulties. I hope no one else experiences this.

I applied on 2nd May, due to travel on 20th June. All docs received within a day or so of my applying and updated on the system 12 days later which I understand is normal. It then went to processing and stayed there until recently when it moved back to docs received which may or may not be down to a glitch. As i am travelling soon I was able to request an upgrade on Monday just gone which I have done. Was told 48 hours for a response as long as they have my evidence. I have phoned in so many occasions that I don’t know what info is right anymore but I am still sat here 4 days before my travel date, no passport and waiting for a call from the upgrade team. I have been told I should send info to the Liverpool upgrade team as it’s closest to me and if needed I could pick it up (looks like that’s now the only option!). I called today and after 2 hours on hold to progress team I was told that the upgrade team has looked at it so I have to sit tight as there is nothing they can do. Ultimately it’s a waiting game and I’ve given up any shred of hope I had at being able to travel. I really hope that everyone here has a much better bout of luck than me.

Thanks everyone for helping with numbers, email addresses etc.

bobokitty
    Participant

Ugh so sorry to hear. I can’t get any straight answers, except we’re not eligible for upgrades as were overseas. So we just keep waiting I guess. Complete garbage as we are due to travel June 21 and it’s been processing since 27 April and applied for 30 March.

gcmp
    Participant

Final passport has arrived today. Child renewal: applied 15th May and received 16th June.

So overall:
    1 x adult renewal – 17 days
    1 x child renewal – 29 days
    1 x child renewal – 32 days

All applied for online on 15th May.

Think we have been very lucky! Hope you all manage to get the support you need and your applications start to move forwards quickly.

Passnos
    Participant

ah thanks!

Also, if you applied from overseas like Canada / US how long does it take to your get your submitted documents back? (birth certificates / letters etc). you don’t need to request it in writing right?

Nimmy
    Participant

Hey @passnos I’m not sure if you read my previous posts here from a day or so ago. I’ve applied from canada and my application was received Mar 22. My documents were received back in April too. I was told I had to request in writing for my supporting docs back as I’m overseas, I did.. twice. Sent via Canada post obviously I didn’t pay for tracking for a measly piece of paper as it’s a waste of money, but it did arrive there I’m sure. I’ve done this twice and it got me no replies from HMPO. I called into the advice line and received this information that overseas applicants have to submit in writing if they want their supporting docs back faster than normal. As per normal timelines, what I’ve read (based on my research) is that they send you the UK oassport first and then later you get your original docs back… could be weeks after. I’ve had to already postpone a flight from June to August now because of this chaos. I have no
    Hopes for myself or anyone else applying overseas especially anyone planning to go on vacation in the next 1-2 months, ain’t no way that’s happening.

Richie
    Participant

Reply to #17611 @Passnos to get an accurate update of your DHL passport delivery download the DHL express app and set up an account with your address details including zip code, post code etc, you will then automatically receive updates of your delivery including day and time.

rayclark
    Participant

Type: Child’s Renewal
    Method: Online
    Passport Office: HMPO Durham
    Online application submitted: 28 April 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity: 28 April 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity: 28 April 2022
    Identity details received: 28 April 2022
    Application received: 28 April 2022
    Documents sent: 29 April 2022 (by DHL)
    Documents delivered by DHL: 03 May 2022
    Documents confirmed received by HMPO: 23 May 2023
    Ask someone to confirm your identity (AGAIN): 27 May 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity (AGAIN): 27 May 2022
    Identity details received (AGAIN): 27 May 2022
    Application approved: 27 May 2022
    Passport printed: 31 May 2022
    Passport received: 04 June 2022 (by DHL)
    Email from DHL confirming despatch of documents: 14 June 2022
    Documents received: 16 June 2022

A very helpful link for applicants from abroad to get a tracking number from DHL using their applications number
    https://www.dhl.com/gb-en/home/our-divisions/global-forwarding/help-and-support/hmpo-delivery-services.html.

smkttn
    Participant

I don’t even know what to do anymore.
    I am due to fly on the 29th of June, but am away from home from the 22nd.

StatusDate
    Identity details received 11:40pm on 30 March 2022
    Email sent to person confirming your identity 11:27pm on 30 March 2022
    Ask someone to confirm your identity 11:23pm on 30 March 2022
    Application submitted 11:23pm on 30 March 2022

Every time I call the helpline I just get told completely different information, have been told to email people, have been told I’d be contacted in 48 hours.
    Nothing.

My girlfriend got hers through just today.
    I don’t think I’m going to be as lucky.

Viewing 15 posts - 901 through 915 (of 1,031 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.